Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend - NME

Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend.

Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend.
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/88350
In addition to Morrissey’s forthcoming shows at London’s Eventim Apollo, his Mporium merchandise store will be opening a Pop Up Shop hosted at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
The Pop Up Shop will be open from Friday 18th September until Monday 21st September at 4 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4AA
Opening hours are 10.30am until 5pm (last admission 4pm) each day except Monday 21st which will be until 3pm.
Available exclusively at the Pop Up Shop will be a limited amount of Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I vinyl, signed by Morrissey and accompanied by an engraved, numbered and dated Battersea Dog/Cat tag. 25 of each title will be available on each day of opening and will be strictly limited to one per customer only. Other Morrissey merchandise, exclusive to the pop-up Mporium will also be available to purchase.
Entry to the shop is via the normal £2 donation to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.

Re: Mporium at Battersea Dogs Home this weekend

Wow. That's amazing. Signed Vauxhall and I? Shame I'm nowhere near London. Sob.

Re: Mporium at Battersea Dogs Home this weekend

Reminds me of these photos, photographed at Battersea Dogs' and Cats' Home in May 2011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...eaven-knows-hes-a-bit-less-miserable-now.html

mozkittenweb_1922844c.jpg

mozcatweb_1922814c.jpg

UPDATE Sep. 19:

Image from thevoove / Instagram. Link posted by Morran:

battersea_popup.jpg

Image posted by an anonymous person:

battersea_tshirt.jpg

UPDATE Sep. 17:

Morrissey store - true-to-you.net
17 September 2015

A shop devoted to Morrissey merchandise will be open from Friday 18th September until Monday 21st September at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in London. The shop will offer t-shirts, personalized dog-tags, cat-tags, autographed LPs, Meat Is Murder stencils, posters, and many one-off and historical items. A portion of all profits will be donated to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.

Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend
- NME
Musician and animal rights activist backs the Morrissey Mporium

Excerpt:

Morrissey is backing a pop-up shop at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in London this coming weekend.

Morrissey's Mporium merchandise shop will open between Friday, September 18, and Monday September 21 from 10:30am-5pm each day. These dates coincide with Morrissey's two London dates at the Eventim Apollo (September 20-21).

A limited amount of 'Your Arsenal' and 'Vauxhall And I' vinyl signed by Morrissey will be available at the shop alongside other official merchandise. Engraved, numbered and dated Battersea Dog and Cat tags will also be available to fans.

Twenty-five copies of each album will be available on vinyl for each day of opening and will be strictly limited to one per customer only.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good idea and I wish I'd thought of it. Nice photos as well

I just hope most of these go to fans, rather than the scalpers who are probably queuing now to buy and resell on ebay for a vast profits.

I just hope most of these go to fans, rather than the scalpers who are probably queuing now to buy and resell on ebay for a vast profits.

well vast is relative but its true that this will probably happen. guess everyones got a fair shot though

That's a good idea and I wish I'd thought of it. Nice photos as well

Wait...so Morrissey's actual contribution to the shelter is nothing? No percentage of merch sales contribute to the shelter, just the blessing to gaze upon the sacred merchandise? :squiffy: Embarrassing.

Wait...so Morrissey's actual contribution to the shelter is nothing? No percentage of merch sales contribute to the shelter, just the blessing to gaze upon the sacred merchandise? :squiffy: Embarrassing.

why are you quoting me in regards to the subject

I thought the same. I do hope the proceeds go to the shelter, because otherwise this is just using the charity's name to sell stuff.

P.

why are you quoting me in regards to the subject

Because you seem to be part of the "Anonymous Positive Spin Doctors" that crop up to bolster enthusiasm for bad ideas. It makes Morrissey look like a moneygrubbing cheapskate, which I'm lead to believe he isn't when it comes to real animals. I realize the organizers are banking on passersby thinking it looks like a "portion of the proceeds benefit..." but it isn't and when they figure that out it'll leave a faux altruism taste in their mouths directly related to the name MORRISSEY.

Because you seem to be part of the "Anonymous Positive Spin Doctors" that crop up to bolster enthusiasm for bad ideas. It makes Morrissey look like a moneygrubbing cheapskate, which I'm lead to believe he isn't when it comes to real animals. I realize the organizers are banking on passersby thinking it looks like a "portion of the proceeds benefit..." but it isn't and when they figure that out it'll leave a faux altruism taste in their mouths directly related to the name MORRISSEY.

where did you hear that none of the proceeds go to the charity?

Wait...so Morrissey's actual contribution to the shelter is nothing?

Possible but we don't know it. There are celebs who don't want their contributions to charities to be public. Wasn't there a story in the past where Moz didn't want it known that gave some money? Tina, for example, is very involved in causes. Do you really think he never gave her money for something when she asked?

Possible but we don't know it. There are celebs who don't want their contributions to charities to be public. Wasn't there a story in the past where Moz didn't want it known that gave some money? Tina, for example, is very involved in causes. Do you really think he never gave her money for something when she asked?

Well, that put us right. Setting a shop up in a charity's HQ is a sure-fire way of keeping donations private and making us think nothing is being given to it. Why do you ALWAYS take up the contrary position, even when the point you're making is nonsense? I prefer evidence. There has been nothing that says money is or is not being given to the home. My point is that I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Last edited:
Well, that put us right. Setting a shop up in a charity's HQ is a sure-fire way of keeping donations private and making us think nothing is being given to it. Why do you ALWAYS take up the contrary position, even when the point you're making is nonsense? I prefer evidence. There has been nothing that says money is or is not being given to the home. My point is that I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

There won't be a discussion if someone didn't take up a contrary position. I said it's possible that privatly he doesn't give money to anything. And of course this is the logical conclusion when you think about how he presents himself in public. I can't deny that. Anyway, thank you for not responding to me with the usual "it's you again".

Harpurhey Dogs home would have benefited from something like this after the fire last year, which saw some 40 odd dogs lose their lives and the shelter pretty much burnt to the ground.Truly heartbreaking scenes. Then again, Moz has given us Mancunians the big two fingers as far as touring goes, so no pop up shop here. Maybe he gave in private as Simon Cowell did in public.

No, the contribution is to draw fans and collectors to the home where they will pay £2 entry, possibly spend the same or more at the cafe there, and maybe even see enough to consider adopting an animal. Look at the bigger picture beyond the Moz-bashing agenda.

Honestly, as soon as this was announced, I knew this accusations would come. Not that all of you will get the analogy, but some of you are like premiership footballers waiting for an outstretched leg to fall over and cry "foul" at Morrissey.

SOSB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom