Morrissey or JLS?

Education in reverse?
My son will listen Morrissey since when he's baby

I did so with my kids, but you have to be careful, because it could happen that one day they revolt against the Morrissey-thing; for example, when my 6 years old girl is angry with me, she starts to insult Morrissey...

I don't think parents should force their musical tastes upon their kids. Its all about the voyage of self-discovery (a bit like wanking)

As a kid I was forced to endure many a Bob Dylan record. Despite his undoubted skills as a poet/ lyricist and writing some of the greatest songs in popular music I still can't get past that nauseating nasal vocal whine...

I don't think parents should force their musical tastes upon their kids. Its all about the voyage of self-discovery (a bit like wanking)

As a kid I was forced to endure many a Bob Dylan record. Despite his undoubted skills as a poet/ lyricist and writing some of the greatest songs in popular music I still can't get past that nauseating nasal vocal whine...
exactly my thoughts..voice is an important thing for me-if the voice arent mine then no thanks even if lycris are brilliant
but just treat dylan as an author and read the lyrics then..

i cant listen to michael jackson solo but i love his voice at the jackson 5

Re: Michael Jackson

I find Jackson 5 and grown up Michael Jackson's vocal work are equally great.

However, IMO most of his post 90s songs are rather boring over-produced rubbish.

Last edited:
Re: Michael Jackson

I also don't think parents should force their musical tastes on their kids (it's sure to end badly), but I'd probably do what my mum did when I was growing up and leave just play lots of different great music all the time so that the children would grow up at least appreciating it. It worked well with me anyway. I love all the music my mum used to play around the house (Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, James Brown, etc) and it's given me a very diverse taste.

I did so with my kids, but you have to be careful, because it could happen that one day they revolt against the Morrissey-thing; for example, when my 6 years old girl is angry with me, she starts to insult Morrissey...

It's funny... Let's face it: she may not/cannot offend you, then she solves her problmes with you insulting Morrissey.

:lbf:
I too heard a lot of Dylan. Imagine, then, how different the world of pop music would have turned out if Dylan had been blessed with an appealing voice.. the number of aspiring musical teenagers who'd have sighed, and turned back to the train set, so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom