Morrissey on "The Colbert Report" (Oct. 9, 2012) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Colbert Report" today.

Note from an anonymous person - the previous article on true-to-you.net has been amended, "People Are The Same Everywhere" replaces "Action Is My Middle Name". "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is still listed.

UPDATE 10:10 PM PT:

james bond posted the video:

(YouTube video removed by Viacom)

Videos now on http://www.colbertnation.com/:
Morrissey interview:

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419977" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"People Are The Same Everywhere":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419978" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419980" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

Downloads of audio / video available in this forum thread.

UPDATE Oct. 11, 8:00AM PT:

Related items:

Last edited:
You're an idiot. Have you ever heard of the concept of straight man? That was the part Morrissey was playing to allow Colbert to be the aggressor, he was letting Colbert win. He wasn't supposed to be a razor sharp asshole, but he still managed to be himself. He did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Oh yeah? You have a copy of the script, do you? Let's be honest...your boy is way off his game. When have you ever, ever known him to be passive or to let someone else get the best of him in a game of wit? The fact is he stumbled and fell. HARD. "Your grandmother would be tasty in an oven"...? THAT was the best he could do?

I think it's great that you get your granny panties (tranny panties?) in a bunch every time someone says anything openly negative about your geriatric dreamcicle.

"You're an idiot! Stop saying mean things about my fap material!"

Oh boo hoo. Get a f***ing life.

Oh yeah? You have a copy of the script, do you? Let's be honest...your boy is way off his game. When have you ever, ever known him to be passive or to let someone else get the best of him in a game of wit? The fact is he stumbled and fell. HARD. "Your grandmother would be tasty in an oven"...? THAT was the best he could do?

I think it's great that you get your granny panties (tranny panties?) in a bunch every time someone says anything openly negative about your geriatric dreamcicle.

"You're an idiot! Stop saying mean things about my fap material"

Oh boo hoo. Get a f***ing life.

Waahhhhh, he doesn't play Christian Dior! WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

prolly the first time ole Mozzer played the straight man in his life..

I supppose every nation must have its annoying smart arse tv interviewer. Colbert comes across as nothing more than a loud mouth rude little up start.

Morrissey handled the interview well. He knew what the topics of conversation would be, but it almost seems if the interviews this late quarter of the year are following the same old topics. I still find it puzzling when Morrissey describes the Royal Family as a dictatorship, yet he then he goes and asks that the building he is going to be in for a couple of hours be meat free.

"People Are The Same Everywhere" is growing on me. It's an all right song. Nothing more than that I'm afraid. However still good to see Morrissey on TV and performing.

Waahhhhh, he doesn't play Christian Dior! WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

What songs he plays or doesn't play at his shows is not a source of anger for me nor is it anywhere near the top of my reasons to despise him...it's just a testament to how lame and predictable his concerts have become, and it's sad.

He's played the Chicago area what...five, six times since 2007?...and I've skipped each show. And I've had free tickets offered to me as gifts by well-meaning friends for three of those shows...still, nothing. I can't be bothered to go see him play. The guy has become a grotesque self-parody and an obnoxious curmudgeon, and his band sounds like TOTAL shit...what actual songs he plays at his shows at this point has nothing to do with my dislike for him. To me, noting will tarnish what he did in his first 20 years, but I'm not gonna go subject myself to a horror show out of personal nostalgia for an artist whose last five years resemble a musical version of 1970s-era Three Stooges.

But since you bring up his song choices for shows...you, however, could go to a show of his and he not only could refrain from playing a magnificent song like Christian Dior but he could stand there and read the Chilton manual for a Chevy Trailblazer page by page for an hour and a half and it would be the same thing to you. Because you don't care about his music...his art, or recent watering down thereof, is totally irrelevant to you. All you need is for your untarnished delusional psychotic stalking agenda to hold fast, to the exclusion of all else, of any perceptions or opinions of him that are contrary to your own. I don't think you give two f***s about his musical or artistic ability, or loss thereof...and I doubt you ever have.

Is this you "taking a page from Morrissey's book" and letting Skylarker kick your ass?

CG putting up a fight or not putting up a fight basically feels like the same thing to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
What songs he plays or doesn't play at his shows is not a source of anger for me nor is it anywhere near the top of my reasons to despise him...it's just a testament to how lame and predictable his concerts have become, and it's sad.

He's played the Chicago area what...five, six times since 2007?...and I've skipped each show. And I've had free tickets offered to me as gifts by well-meaning friends for three of those shows...still, nothing. I can't be bothered to go see him play. The guy has become a grotesque self-parody and an obnoxious curmudgeon, and his band sounds like TOTAL shit...what actual songs he plays at his shows at this point has nothing to do with my dislike for him. To me, noting will tarnish what he did in his first 20 years, but I'm not gonna go subject myself to a horror show out of of personal nostalgia for an artist whose last five years resemble a musical version of 1970s-era Three Stooges.

But since you bring up his song choices for shows...you, however, could go to a show of his and he not only could refrain from playing a magnificent song like Christian Dior but he could stand there and read the Chilton manual for a Chevy Trailblazer page by page for an hour and a half and it would be the same thing to you. Because you don't care about his music...his art, or recent watering down thereof, is totally irrelevant to you. All you need is for your untarnished delusional psychotic stalking agenda to hold fast, to the exclusion of all else, of any perceptions or opinions of him that are contrary to your own. I don't think you give two f***s about his musical or artistic ability, or loss thereof...and I doubt you ever have.

CG putting up a fight or not putting up a fight basically feels like the same thing to me.

Is that so? :cool:

Is this you "taking a page from Morrissey's book" and letting Skylarker kick your ass?

Anything that gets him talking makes my day. I am merely bait. :D

That interview was painful to watch! I know Colbert was trying to be funny but it was just annoying. Morrissey I am sure was fine with the topics since he always hand picks the quetions but he did not know they would be delivered in that manner. He never even let Morrissey get in a word edgewise. Just silly silly silly & rude. I hope Morrissey blast him from the stage tonight! I am sure he will get a good roasting tonight in New York. Wish I could be there.

I think Skylarker has a fair point on this new 'interview' with Mozzer. Morrissey is way too boring these days. Very predictive in all areas. M0rrissey is cleary out of touch because he never cared about anything besides his evil ego and money.

Morrissey I am sure was fine with the topics since he always hand picks the questions

He probably tries, but it's hardly the case every time.

Think about your sentence though, for a minute. Think about the implications of what you just said.

"Morrissey was fine with the topics since he always handpicks the questions."

Nobody with even a modicum of courage or wit would handpick the questions before consenting to be interviewed. If he does, then it shows how totally ball-less he has become.

He's played the Chicago area what...five, six times since 2007?...and I've skipped each show. And I've had free tickets offered to me as gifts by well-meaning friends for three of those shows...still, nothing. I can't be bothered to go see him play. The guy has become a grotesque self-parody and an obnoxious curmudgeon, and his band sounds like TOTAL shit...what actual songs he plays at his shows at this point has nothing to do with my dislike for him.

I think Skylarker has a fair point on this new 'interview' with Mozzer. Morrissey is way too boring these days. Very predictive in all areas. M0rrissey is cleary out of touch because he never cared about anything besides his evil ego and money.

Deleted the post! not doing it anymore!

Last edited:
If he does, then it shows how totally ball-less he has become.

Are you calling him a woman? Because that's just great.

Also anyone here saying Morrissey was boring obviously has never seen the Colbert Report before. He's SATIRE. he's pretending to be a bombastic, right-wing conservative. He's probably a quiet Morrissey fan in real life.

I agree with CG on this.

Colbert is playing a character. He was saying some pretty outrageous things to try to rattle him up and it wasn't a coincidence that he asked things he knew Morrissey has strong opinions about, and good ol' Morrissey proved that he can play along.

Why would Morrissey be on the show if he wasn't a fan of Colbert? He's obviously in on the joke.

Colbert is playing a character. He was saying some pretty outrageous things to try to rattle him up and it wasn't a coincidence that he asked things he knew Morrissey has strong opinions about, and good ol' Morrissey proved that he can play along.

I think it became obvious when he was shouting "TAKE THE BAIT! TAKE THE BAIT!" when discussing the Royal Family. Moz took it and ran with it :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom