Morrissey on "The Colbert Report" (Oct. 9, 2012) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Colbert Report" today.

Note from an anonymous person - the previous article on true-to-you.net has been amended, "People Are The Same Everywhere" replaces "Action Is My Middle Name". "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is still listed.

UPDATE 10:10 PM PT:

james bond posted the video:

(YouTube video removed by Viacom)

Videos now on http://www.colbertnation.com/:
Morrissey interview:

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419977" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"People Are The Same Everywhere":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419978" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419980" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

Downloads of audio / video available in this forum thread.

UPDATE Oct. 11, 8:00AM PT:

Related items:

Last edited:
I thought the interview was terrific, both Colbert and Morrisey were interesing to listen to. Being a Vegetarian, I stand with Morrisey on his Meat is Murder statement. Great interview, odd but interesting song.

Yeah, but the only person who would've been out of the loop would have been Morrissey. He would've probably just walked out. I'm surprised he didn't when Colbert mentioned the Smiths reunion - isn't that something Morrissey's interviewers aren't supposed to bring up?
Agreed.....akin to asking Mrs. Lincoln how the play was....

I loved the long, wide eyed gaze Morrissey gave the camera! Too funny! I'm sure he expected to be trolled by Colbert. He sounded lovely, looked very handsome, and again, the James Dean backdrop and drums...just perfect. Love, love, love...

I'm sure that, as with all the late night talk shows, Morrissey and Colbert spoke together prior to the "interview" about topics to be discussed/spoken of. I don't think any of it, except the quick Marr comment, was a surprise to Morrissey. Scripted without a script.

I'm sure that, as with all the late night talk shows, Morrissey and Colbert spoke together prior to the "interview" about topics to be discussed/spoken of. I don't think any of it, except the quick Marr comment, was a surprise to Morrissey. Scripted without a script.

Well, yes. But I was remarking on the fact that in a publication that did a recent email interview with him stated that his publicist requested no questions about The Smiths. I guess he knew it would have to come up for a TV interview.

Morrissey on Colbert Report - Video

Brilliant irreverent interview! Better than Kilburn's kiss ass interview. Can't wait for the SW swing! Viva Morrissey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's how the show's traditional, introductory play-on-words about Morrissey looked.

"in his honor, my interns are free-range."

8073107640_ab9c6440b4_c.jpg

Finally! People Are The Same Everywhere sounds really really good. Better than ever! This makes me happy. It almost sounds as if Jesse has toned down his guttural-ish-ness and the sound, finally, sounds really good a la Alain Whyte era for lack of a better term.

Morrissey did really good. Favorite quote from Colbert, in reference to eating animals, "What if the lamb was a f***ing asshole?" Colbert was looking for possible, albeit ridiculous, possible exceptions for eating meat after Morrissey said animals are nicer than people. Can't wait to see Moz on tour!

Pathetic Colbert...why not ask something interesting instead of trying to make the same stupid jokes everyone does.. what a moron..

i'll bet since this interview Morrissey has thought up loads of zingers he wished would have said. Too bad they didn't come to him during the interview and he just had to sit there like a total jackass. I'd still like to hear what he wished he'd have said; I'm sure its super clever.

Since this is "SoLow, I thought I'd mention my observation that Morrissey's teeth are getting rather shabby looking; but eyes are as blue and as piercing as ever.

I thought it was funny. I thought Colbert knocked it out of the park and clearly caught him off guard several times. It was nice to see someone with a brain interviewing someone with a brain.

I agree with 21punksalute that Morrissey probably had a "jerk store" moment in that he no doubt came up with some great responses to Colbert's trolling AFTER the fact. But at the time it seemed like he was caught off guard. I think he's too used to interviewers kissing his ass, or having an IQ of 11, or both. I don't think he was prepared for Colbert.

I don't understand why Morrissey has to keep making that "I'm getting a colonoscopy" face. That bugs me.

But yeah, good stuff.

I don't understand why Morrissey has to keep making that "I'm getting a colonoscopy" face. That bugs me.

I think he is self-conscious about his teeth.

i'll bet since this interview Morrissey has thought up loads of zingers he wished would have said. Too bad they didn't come to him during the interview and he just had to sit there like a total jackass. I'd still like to hear what he wished he'd have said; I'm sure its super clever.

Silence is golden, he did perfect. Colbert is extremely difficult, the rest of his stay in America is a cake walk.

If we are going to talk about his teeth ( well , I am now ...) , I have to say I think it's wonderful he didn't succumb to Hollywoodism and have a set of gnashing pearly-whites installed. It adds to his authenticity and , perhaps , acts a nice rebuke to all those exhibiting/espousing surgical rearrangement of the face.

God forbid one should look one's age ( in at least one regard ) ...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom