Morrissey on "The Colbert Report" (Oct. 9, 2012) - reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to appear on "The Colbert Report" today.

Note from an anonymous person - the previous article on true-to-you.net has been amended, "People Are The Same Everywhere" replaces "Action Is My Middle Name". "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is still listed.

UPDATE 10:10 PM PT:

james bond posted the video:

(YouTube video removed by Viacom)

Videos now on http://www.colbertnation.com/:
Morrissey interview:

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419977" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"People Are The Same Everywhere":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419978" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris":

[noparse]<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:colbertnation.com:419980" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>[/noparse]

Downloads of audio / video available in this forum thread.

UPDATE Oct. 11, 8:00AM PT:

Related items:

Last edited:
The stats don't lie anon, I've been kicking his backside for a while now to try and get him to pull his finger out.
"Its a shame its a shame all the songs sound just the same yer! yer! yer!
He's supposed to be talking to Victoria Wood about TEA! Of all things but I'm sure he'll soon get sad tracked into the Royal/Falkland/Madonna/Olympic predictable bitterness.
Anyway anon, on another note have you heard Johnny Marrs fantastic "The Trap" its a breath of fresh air ! One man one guitar proof if ever that Bozzy and the boys should go back to infant school and carry on playing the triangle. (ting)

How funny he got sad tracked just as I said !How VERY boring and predictable,such a wasted opportunity.
Bozzy and the earbleeders sounded awfu l! Lads you would sound better if you played the songs on kids recorders! Yes its that bad.

Ting goes the triangle lads

what soccer jersey was he wearing? it was 22 and adidas, but what team?

I'm about 98.4% sure it was Mexico's away jersey (all black with gold trim, including the badge... which looks horrible).

If we are going to talk about his teeth ( well , I am now ...) , I have to say I think it's wonderful he didn't succumb to Hollywoodism and have a set of gnashing pearly-whites installed. It adds to his authenticity and , perhaps , acts a nice rebuke to all those exhibiting/espousing surgical rearrangement of the face.

God forbid one should look one's age ( in at least one regard ) ...

^^^^^^^^^^^This x 3,000,000

Probably one of the most intelligent comments ever made on this website.

Seeker doesn't get it and never will, frankly.

If we are going to talk about his teeth ( well , I am now ...) , I have to say I think it's wonderful he didn't succumb to Hollywoodism and have a set of gnashing pearly-whites installed. It adds to his authenticity and , perhaps , acts a nice rebuke to all those exhibiting/espousing surgical rearrangement of the face.

God forbid one should look one's age ( in at least one regard ) ...

I hope he never does, I love his teeth. My grandpa got chicklet implants and he looks like a jackass. (he's not a jackass, his teeth just don't look right. Okay I'm going to bed now. :rolleyes: So tired.)

I hope he never does, I love his teeth. My grandpa got chicklet implants and he looks like a jackass. (he's not a jackass, his teeth just don't look right. Okay I'm going to bed now. :rolleyes: So tired.)

Have you begun calling him "Jackpa" ? No, hang on , I think it should be "Grandass" ... hmm , perhaps not ; he might see it as an attempt at sexual ingratiation .... Jesus , did I just say that ? I think I've just had my last drink for the afternoon ...:squiffy:

Colbert could have been more gracious. He was unnecessarily antagonistic. Not very elegant at all. Moz looked and sounded amazing. Love that guy!

Colbert could have been more gracious. He was unnecessarily antagonistic. Not very elegant at all. Moz looked and sounded amazing. Love that guy!

Actually, Colbert was perfect.

Morrissey was the one ill-prepared and stumbling. He just made faces and stuttered.

I think he is self-conscious about his teeth.

Look into my eyes, you will see. What you mean to me. Search your heart, search your soul and when you find me there you'll search no more. Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for. You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for. You know it's true. Everything I do, I do it for you. Look into your heart, you will find. There's nothin' there to hide. Take me as I am, take my life. I would give it all, I would sacrifice. Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for. I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more.

Actually, Colbert was perfect.

Morrissey was the one ill-prepared and stumbling. He just made faces and stuttered.

Actually, Colbert is obnoxious because that's what he supposed to be. His "character" on the show is to parody a right-wing wacko and he does it well. Morrissey went along with the absurdity quite well, like the gentleman that he is. How did this slip past that big brain of yours?

See, I knew this appearance would be lost on people like you.

Morrissey has NOTHING to say these days either in song lyrics or being interviewed, the proof all in the above. JACKASS!!!

Viacom blocked the bootleg videos lightning fast! they ain't playing. the end of illegal downloads/youtube is nigh.

it's blocked via my internetprovider, also the youtube version

well I said before it would be a hoax, and now get my punishment for that

I'll sum it up for you:

Colbert says a lot of funny things very quickly and Morrissey sits there dumbfounded; at some point managing to say he doesn't like The Queen of England.

Out of nowhere Colbert welcomes Johnny Marr to the show, at which point Morrissey has a small stroke, but recovers with admirable speed when he realizes it is a hoax.

Then he and his crap band play two sup-par songs.

The end.

I'll sum it up for you:

Colbert says a lot of funny things very quickly and Morrissey sits there dumbfounded; at some point managing to say he doesn't like The Queen of England.

Out of nowhere Colbert welcomes Johnny Marr to the show, at which point Morrissey has a small stroke, but recovers with admirable speed when he realizes it is a hoax.

Then he and his crap band play two sup-par songs.

The end.

I was there. That's not really what happened. Colbert should have been more gracious. I find it extremely offensive when people direct crass and aggressive comments toward compassionate vegetarians. It's just tasteless. That said, I like Colbert, and am not a Morrissey apologist. He did a great job. If it were me in that chair, I would not have been nearly as nice as Morrissey. I would have castrated Colbert six ways to Hong Kong.

:guitar:

I was there. That's not really what happened. Colbert should have been more gracious. I find it extremely offensive when people direct crass and aggressive comments toward compassionate vegetarians. It's just tasteless. That said, I like Colbert, and am not a Morrissey apologist. He did a great job. If it were me in that chair, I would not have been nearly as nice as Morrissey. I would have castrated Colbert six ways to Hong Kong.

:guitar:

Well for one thing, I would hardly describe Morrissey as compassionate. In fact he's one of the most uncompassionate people I can think of.

Secondly, Morrissey could do with a little MORE crass and aggressive comments being directed at him. He's out of practice. He sat there and said NOTHING and not because he was polite...but because he was out of his element. The guy's out of shape. A wit once razor-sharp is now a rusty butterknife.

He's too used to slinging one-liners and diatribes from the safety of a stage, surrounded by bodyguards and bright lights and seas of faceless people who have paid 100 dollars to see him play the same set of songs he's been yelping out for a year.

One-on-ones against genuine intellects like Colbert's are clearly not his forte these days.

Well for one thing, I would hardly describe Morrissey as compassionate. In fact he's one of the most uncompassionate people I can think of.

Secondly, Morrissey could do with a little MORE crass and aggressive comments being directed at him. He's out of practice. He sat there and said NOTHING and not because he was polite...but because he was out of his element. The guy's out of shape.

He's too used to slinging one-liners and diatribes from the safety of a stage, surrounded by bodyguards and bright lights and seas of faceless people who have paid 100 dollars to see him play the same set of songs he's been yelping out for a year.

One-on-ones against genuine intellects like Colbert's are clearly not his forte these days.

I'd like to point out one fact: Colbert isn't an intellectual. He's a clever comic book nerd who got lucky and now makes a great living doing what he loves doing.

Morrissey, though is a legend. And this is NOT something he makes up in his own mind every night before he kneels down to pray.

He's also a dictator. But you know what? So is Fidel Castro. Still socking it to the USA.

You should direct your energy in a more positive way. You're negativity is pervasive, dear.

Hang on a minute I thought he said in the past he only exists on utube???

Morrissey taken apart by some Colbert bloke! He has been on the ropes for a long time has Morrissey choosing to do interviews by e-mail because the quick minded waspish witt has GONE it is no more. Very sad to watch glad its been taken off. Colbert showed no mercy and tore strips off him. In reply all poor old Morrissey could do was sit there pulling faces like he was breaking wind.

Ting goes the triangle lads! After three now ting!!!!

I'd like to point out one fact: Colbert isn't an intellectual. He's a clever comic book nerd who got lucky and now makes a great living doing what he loves doing.

Morrissey, though is a legend. And this is NOT something he makes up in his own mind every night before he kneels down to pray.

He's also a dictator. But you know what? So is Fidel Castro. Still socking it to the USA.

You should direct your energy in a more positive way. You're negativity is pervasive, dear.

First time in my life I've ever agreed with Ms. WW.

^^^^^^^^^^^This x 3,000,000

Probably one of the most intelligent comments ever made on this website.

Seeker doesn't get it and never will, frankly.

Thanks ... but I don't know that Seeker was being deathly earnest when making his post ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom