Morrissey on "Later... with Jools Holland" (London, Oct. 3, 2017) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Oct. 7:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Posted by docinwestchester:

UPDATE Oct. 6:

Posted by Peanut:

The full show is tomorrow (Sat. 7th) at 11pm on BBC Two, not today as written in OP.

Posted by Springhealedkev:

I was at the Jools Holland show and he did 3 songs. The other 2 are ... ' I wish you lonely ' and 'all the young people must fall in love ' ... got so close to him but yet so far... thought we might see them in the bar after , but no.

Note posted by Johnny Barleycorn:

This edition is the short version. The full show will be on Friday.

Link to jools.holland.official / Instagram posted by an anonymous person:

40889_morrissey_jools.jpg

Last edited:
The band are wearing rather spiffing “Don’t Bully Bulls” shirts.

I don't think people are criticizing or bringing other people down as much as they are being critical of the actual music. The mistake being made is that when someone says they like something, and someone else says they don't like it, most of the time the former takes it personally; as if it's some kind of personal attack. Yes, I'm confident there is some spattering of that, but largely that's just not a true statement.

But let's be somewhat honest with ourselves here....has anyone really felt the same way after their first listen to Spent The Day In Bed in comparison to First Of The Gang To Die?

I believe it was Jonny Rogan that described when he first heard Bigmouth Strikes Again at his kitchen sink how he was just floored at how good it was.

It's good to have new music from Morrissey, and if this new music makes people feel incredible joy, then that is well, as we all must find things in life that make us feel that way. Just don't let it turn into making 'life observations' that really aren't accurate or true.

Great post. Yes I agree. For me "Spent The Day In Bed" is a good song but "First Of The Gang To Die" is a f***in' GREAT song. Still, does every Moz single have to be compared to his very best? Yeah it's inevitable I know. But some people act like if it isn't another masterpiece it's crap. Silly.

Great post. Yes I agree. For me "Spent The Day In Bed" is a good song but "First Of The Gang To Die" is a f***in' GREAT song. Still, does every Moz single have to be compared to his very best? Yeah it's inevitable I know. But some people act like if it isn't another masterpiece it's crap. Silly.

Very true. Though I think Spent the Day in Bed may be his best single since First of the Gang... which is one of those great tracks that has become a little diminished by overfamiliarity.

The great artists suffer from this throughout their careers. The solution is to keep writing great stuff. I reckon that’s probably the hard part.

I mean look at Josh Homme on now with this dirge. That ain’t no Leg of Lamb.

Loved the no boss, no bus, no rain, no train vocals at the end. Really strong. And I still find his stage actions hilarious. All is not lost

Moz is ACE so far. Spent the Day. Voice perfect and he looks great. Jools said "this man is better than ever" and "stronger than ever". Top!
Makes the other bands look like kids playing at being in a band.

Bet Morrissey is loving Khalid.

I would rate Gang as one of very few solo Morrissey songs worthy of equating with the Smiths. It’s a monster. The only really great thing to come out of his endless flirtations with the West Coast.

I'm not sure we're going to get another Morrissey track tonight though, are we?
I think you're right! Unless he somehow manages to squeeze one in.
I wish time would move on and turn Marty into a mummy and get it over with.
The National get a second and final song. FFS bland boring. Moz was great though.

Last edited:
For those not totally with the latest Moz, Josh Homme has just shown life could be a lot worse, I mean what the f***?

The great artists suffer from this throughout their careers. The solution is to keep writing great stuff. I reckon that’s probably the hard part.

I mean look at Josh Homme on now with this dirge. That ain’t no Leg of Lamb.

Thumbs up for the first part of your comment but the second part, er, not so much. I have to do this. No, I'm not a "vegan nazi". But I sho' will judge a muthaf***a's ass! :p
05ce9d0924ed808f6594af984153f8b8--why-vegan-vegan-quotes.jpg

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom