Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to be on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" tonight. Post your reports in the comments section below.

UPDATE 10:20 PM PT:

Posted in the comments section by green: "Frankie Valli cover, To Give..., for broadcast and You Have Killed Me for the audience afterward."

"You Have Killed Me" is now on the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" page, link posted by MozRecording.

[noparse]<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1419519" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/noparse]

UPDATE Oct. 4, 1:55 AM PT:

"To Give (The Reason I Live)" now on the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" page.

[noparse]<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1419588" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/noparse]

Related item:

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / re

How funny five 'Thugs' NOT . The t-shirts had been spelt wrong, it was only noticed last minute so they had to wear them.
What they should have said was MUG.

Alvin Stardust did it better...

... From 2'01"

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / re

If you're going to make a thuggish statement, you have to bow to the original...

106jwbq.jpg

P.

Impressive. Morrissey continues to sing with his own inimitable, off-kilter intensity and conviction. "To Give" is a fine late-career choice: not only are the lyrics fitting, but the vocal line is truly daunting. Morrissey is still pushing his vocals to their limit - that's one tough old crooner. :D

My only complaint is his wardrobe: not the most flattering choice.

"To Give(The Reason I Live)" perfomance is impressive and much better than YHKM's, as I think.

You Have... is now a late-era Morrissey classic, I have to admit.

Oh hardly. It's a plodding, dreary single, with some absolutely dire couplets, ("nothing entered me til you came with a key" etc) off one of his worst albums.
Radios don't play it at all (unlike FOTG and IBEH), indie clubs don't play, you'll struggle to find it in any fan's top 10.
The only place that it's a classic is in Morrissey's head.

I still have hope. I don't know why. But if he got together with Marr (or some equivalent) I think he could reach those previous peaks.

Th real difficulty would be the lyrics. He appears to be at point in his life with very little to say except some permutation of: "I am a living martyr".

But when you think how great he once was, you have to believe it's still possible.

Agh! Those guitars make my ears bleed. Boring songs performed, he should have at least done "Suedehead" or something from Viva Hate....Morrissey needs 2 replacement guitarists, never mind a record deal! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

The vocals on "To Give..."

b8706355.gif

You have killed me...

990c2dce.gif

The t shirts....

e5c5700b.gif

This kind of sucks; the same sorry setlist as the dates earlier this year, come on?

I kind of hope he cancels the Columbus show now.

How dare you talk about our god in such a tone. Moz can play what he wants when he wants.

Oh hardly. It's a plodding, dreary single, with some absolutely dire couplets, ("nothing entered me til you came with a key" etc) off one of his worst albums.
Radios don't play it at all (unlike FOTG and IBEH), indie clubs don't play, you'll struggle to find it in any fan's top 10.
The only place that it's a classic is in Morrissey's head.

I'd have to agree. It's always sounded too slow/lacking the urgency a by-the-numbers pop single might ideally show ...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom