Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to be on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" tonight. Post your reports in the comments section below.

UPDATE 10:20 PM PT:

Posted in the comments section by green: "Frankie Valli cover, To Give..., for broadcast and You Have Killed Me for the audience afterward."

"You Have Killed Me" is now on the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" page, link posted by MozRecording.

[noparse]<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1419519" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/noparse]

UPDATE Oct. 4, 1:55 AM PT:

"To Give (The Reason I Live)" now on the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" page.

[noparse]<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1419588" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/noparse]

Related item:

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / re

This performance was really great. Could he have picked some better song? Yes...But scandinavia isnt exactly a "new" song anymore either. I will be seeing him in Texas just as I did last year. He was amazing and in top form. Hopefully wankers like you will stay home. And please, if you're going to go, at least watch the show with your eyes and not behind the camera of your iphone.

It's "new" in the sense that it hasn't been released/could be a contender for a new album track etc, which is clearly what I meant. Thanks for calling me a wanker just because I criticised your favourite pop star, though. Seriously :rolleyes:. I went to 2 of his UK shows last summer and I never take my phone out to film, it spoils the experience.

Re: Article: Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / re

You obviously are baffled. If he were "desperate for a record deal," he'd accept one of the perfectly ordinary deals he's no doubt been offered. He evidently wants an extraordinary (in the context of the industry's current climate) deal.

It's also pretty strange that you can't see a contradiction: someone who can mount world tours and appear on national television--should think of himself as endlessly auditioning for A&R men?

I read more than 15 years ago that there were two kinds of Morrissey fans: those who get the joke, and those who don't. I read posts like yours and I wonder what happened to the former kind.

Oh, please. Morrissey hasn't shut up about his lack of a record deal, lack of adequate promotion etc for well over a year. Hang on, make that twenty years. He has completely unreasonable expectations and is waiting for a label to come to the rescue at the right moment, like Sanctuary did.

As for the world tours - Morrissey is selling out venues on his name and past reputation alone, and could probably continuing doing so for the rest of his life if he were so inclined. The issue is that if he wants to remain "relevant" (can you really contest his desire for that?) he has to market himself to the bigger labels in some way, it's the name of the game. If he really has no desire to do that or draw attention to himself in any way... why go on a talk show at all?

Who puts the hug in thug? Morrissey's band does! :D Amy, seriously. You need to lighten up.

Er..what?

Oh no, I've been banished by "Anon"!

I'm whining because he wasted the perfect opportunity to play new songs he supposedly loves - "Scandinavia" would have been great. If he wants a deal, he can't give them cold musical leftovers and expect them to jump at the chance to sign him, that much is obvious.

I agree mostly but I thought to myself that if he's coming up with lyrics like those in "Scandinavia" which some like but I find unlistenable, then maybe a great cover tune would be an improvement. Maybe it would, but I don't know because they played this instead.

Morrissey's cover version of "To Give" was far better than the Franki Valli version on You Tube and it was a better performance than "Killed Me."
I think old Mogsy should throw more cover versions into the mix.

enjoyed both songs and the performance

but I agree with amy on almost every post in this thread

anyone who thinks it wasn't a missed opportunity on the song choices alone need to give their head a wobble

srsly

'yeah i'll just sing a obscure cover song on national US television, that'll do'

if not a new song at least a classic solo hit jesus christ

Is the Jimmy Fallon show a big deal in America? Is he comparable to Johnathon Ross in the UK?
'To give' is a new song, however 'You have killed me' i think was an error on Morrisseys part, Sandanavia or one of the other new unreleased tracks should have been played.
However, all this, should he have played this or that, is good chat amongst fans and anon faceless wankers, but i think its fantastic to see him on the tele again and performing 'well' in my opinion.:D

I thought his performance was majestic. I admit when I first heard he was to be playing the Frankie Valli cover, I wasn't thrilled, but when I actually heard the song on television, I got goosebumps. How I love that man. I cannot wait for Oct. 10th!!

xxxxx

Last edited:
How funny five 'Thugs' NOT . The t-shirts had been spelt wrong, it was only noticed last minute so they had to wear them.
What they should have said was MUG.

Hmmmm.... what's going on? For the Years Of Refusal album, he went onto a late show here in the USA and knocked it out of the park with "Black Cloud". I recently watched the video of the studio session for recording Scandinavia and 2 other songs... and it hurts to say this, but it's almost like he's turning into a caricature of himself. Screw my spelling. I'm bummed.

i do not think any of you will all be happy until this man is six feet under.

give the guy a f***ing break!

its just the jimmy fallon show for christ sake!

Is the Jimmy Fallon show a big deal in America? Is he comparable to Johnathon Ross in the UK?
'To give' is a new song, however 'You have killed me' i think was an error on Morrisseys part, Sandanavia or one of the other new unreleased tracks should have been played.
However, all this, should he have played this or that, is good chat amongst fans and anon faceless wankers, but i think its fantastic to see him on the tele again and performing 'well' in my opinion.:D

smiffy, "late night with Jimmy Fallon" is somewhat like Jonathan Ross. I would say Jimmy Fallon falls into the nice, funny guy category (former cast member of "Saturday Night Live"), and his musical guests are exceptional (Elbow performing "Lippy Kids" comes to mind). for goodness sake, his house band is The Roots!

"To Give" is a nice new direction to go in- I would like to see new og material inspired by Valli/ Sinatra etc. But to do anything new- (beating a dead horse) - he needs a new band- the music is just not cutting it, songwriting or sound wise (guitar and that annoying keyboard). I won't blame the band as Morrissey chooses the songs , the members and the clothing (he looks like a Russian gangster on Fallon). If you look at Morrissey's track record it seems the better the music the better the lyrics are, I think most people will agree "the kids a looker" is one of the worst Morrissey songs lyrically and musically.

He should have sung "My Way".....seriously though, I thought it was a classic song for Moz to sing. I think it's sort of his "life"....look at the lyrics.

It's "new" in the sense that it hasn't been released/could be a contender for a new album track etc, which is clearly what I meant. Thanks for calling me a wanker just because I criticised your favourite pop star, though. Seriously :rolleyes:. I went to 2 of his UK shows last summer and I never take my phone out to film, it spoils the experience.

He is indeed my favorite pop star, which is exactly the reason Im on this board. I would assume the same about you? At any rate, Scandinavia is not his finest piece of work. It will probably not be released properly. I dont know what the big deal about label support is for him. He should just push out a few singles online without a big label like everyone else does.

enjoyed both songs and the performance

but I agree with amy on almost every post in this thread

anyone who thinks it wasn't a missed opportunity on the song choices alone need to give their head a wobble

srsly

'yeah i'll just sing a obscure cover song on national US television, that'll do'

if not a new song at least a classic solo hit jesus christ

I agree with what you've written; however, I just can't bring myself to get worked up about it. I think I've finally just come to some level of acceptance that he is going to do whatever he so chooses. If he doesn't care about using the platform of a national television audience to promote his new material, why should I? It was a nice song. Lyrically, it suits him.

I would have liked him to do "Moon River" as a nod to the late Andy Williams . That is one lovely song. Enjoyed the 2 songs he selected for the show. What a voice !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom