Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / reports

Morrissey is scheduled to be on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" tonight. Post your reports in the comments section below.

UPDATE 10:20 PM PT:

Posted in the comments section by green: "Frankie Valli cover, To Give..., for broadcast and You Have Killed Me for the audience afterward."

"You Have Killed Me" is now on the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" page, link posted by MozRecording.

[noparse]<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1419519" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/noparse]

UPDATE Oct. 4, 1:55 AM PT:

"To Give (The Reason I Live)" now on the "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" page.

[noparse]<iframe id="nbc-video-widget" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1419588" frameborder="0"></iframe>[/noparse]

Related item:

Last edited:
Re: Article: Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / re

I would have thought there were several bombastic sixties standards which would have suited him better. I (Who Have Nothing) might have been fun.

I Who Have Nothing would be an amazing song for Morrissey to cover. Although it sounds like he's lost all ability to determine what sounds good.

Re: Article: Morrissey on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" (Oct. 3, 2012) reminder / re

He only acts desperate and does whatever the eff he wants at the same time. Sounds like my ex.

I'm baffled. He's desperate for a record deal, gets a slot on a big American talk show to promote the tour and presents them with...a 6-year old song and a cover version? How is that going to attract any label interest, exactly? Why didn't he showcase some of the new material? :squiffy:

The band sound clunky as usual and his voice is really being stretched. What a mess. At least his erotic obsession with thugs remains unchanged :straightface:

I'm whining because he wasted the perfect opportunity to play new songs he supposedly loves - "Scandinavia" would have been great. If he wants a deal, he can't give them cold musical leftovers and expect them to jump at the chance to sign him, that much is obvious.

Well, it's part that and part his own high standards. He could have a deal with a moderately-sized "indie" label instantly on virtue of his name alone. But he doesn't, because he's holding out for a bigger pop brand to blame when his own poor promotional practices - such as playing a cover (no matter how good) on an American late night broadcast - result in him looking anything less than fresh and still relevant in the pop game. He could be promoting his new album by now, but he still thinks he's a market contender with whomever is big in pop now. He's afraid to be labeled as "alternative" or any number of similar "outsider" brands, as far as the market goes. Morrissey isn't a pop artist anymore; he hasn't been since the late 80's, very early 90s, and for a brief period in 2004. His failure to realize this or cope with it is in part responsible for a lack of a record deal.

I loved every minute of it! I was hoping too, that it would have been something new, but its ok I love good 'Ol Mozzah!! Cant wait to see him in Vegas & Moz Angeles!!!

The entire show was extremely entertaining. :D (Frankenweenie is going to be an amazing movie, btw.) He did an awesome job, lots of looking into the camera which he generally shies away from. Beautiful! Trying to figure out the scarab thing on his chest...

It is the eve of a 35-date US tour followed by dates in New Zealand and Australia. How this isn't considered a triumph is beyond me. Obtaining a record deal is clearly not his main obsession.

It is the eve of a 35-date US tour followed by dates in New Zealand and Australia. How this isn't considered a triumph is beyond me. Obtaining a record deal is clearly not his main obsession.

Eeegggzactly.

I think Morrissey's peformed this song rather well. It seems a difficult song to sing and Morrissey's has tried really hard to carry it off the best he can. Moz does look a lot more relaxed while peforming "You Have Killed Me". Not too keen on the chevon shirt though.

I should know these important things...the face on the drums is?

Baby James Dean, I think.

Oh no, I've been banished by "Anon"!

I'm whining because he wasted the perfect opportunity to play new songs he supposedly loves - "Scandinavia" would have been great. If he wants a deal, he can't give them cold musical leftovers and expect them to jump at the chance to sign him, that much is obvious.

This performance was really great. Could he have picked some better song? Yes...But scandinavia isnt exactly a "new" song anymore either. I will be seeing him in Texas just as I did last year. He was amazing and in top form. Hopefully wankers like you will stay home. And please, if you're going to go, at least watch the show with your eyes and not behind the camera of your iphone.

Awful performance from top to bottom that was! If this lot combined was an animal it would have been shot and put out of its misery.
Notes: 1) Five piece band and is that the best sound they can achieve (Why is the drum kit getting so big? Its nearly as big as that guys out of Rush) And Rush only are a three piece.
2) Band uniform/identity getting very tiresome and predictable. (Looked like something cheesey from Happy days)
3) Song selections ? Strange to think this was to promote future live shows, hardly gripping "I've just gotta get a ticket at all costs" was it.
4) The sign of the cross thing ? Does he now think he's blessing the audience.
5) This act is over it's finished it's dried up, it did so years ago, it is simply "A dead parrot".
6) If you have payed good money for these shows and he performs as above you have every right to Boo and throw rotten fruit at them.
7) Tour should be known as "Syphon all your doh tour"
8) I know it's over

I'm baffled. He's desperate for a record deal,

You obviously are baffled. If he were "desperate for a record deal," he'd accept one of the perfectly ordinary deals he's no doubt been offered. He evidently wants an extraordinary (in the context of the industry's current climate) deal.

It's also pretty strange that you can't see a contradiction: someone who can mount world tours and appear on national television--should think of himself as endlessly auditioning for A&R men?

I read more than 15 years ago that there were two kinds of Morrissey fans: those who get the joke, and those who don't. I read posts like yours and I wonder what happened to the former kind.

I'm baffled. He's desperate for a record deal, gets a slot on a big American talk show to promote the tour and presents them with...a 6-year old song and a cover version? How is that going to attract any label interest, exactly? Why didn't he showcase some of the new material? :squiffy:

The band sound clunky as usual and his voice is really being stretched. What a mess. At least his erotic obsession with thugs remains unchanged :straightface:

Who puts the hug in thug? Morrissey's band does! :D Amy, seriously. You need to lighten up.

To all the haters, try signing "To Give" nobody will do it better than his masters voice, he is in top form, freaking "Rolling Stone" magazine should give him his well deserved cover and article, for just signing this song, can't wait to hear it live at the Staples Center in LA.

**You are spot-on with your comments. I respect the opinions of those who say he sounds/looks good, but if one listens closely to the guitars, they do sound too clangy, etc. Additionally, if one is gearing up for a big tour, these two songs were more like a kick below the belt--draining of all energy.

If these is the best he has, well, he better just dress Boz up in drag and start grabbing roses from the crowd.

Awful performance from top to bottom that was! If this lot combined was an animal it would have been shot and put out of its misery.
Notes: 1) Five piece band and is that the best sound they can achieve (Why is the drum kit getting so big? Its nearly as big as that guys out of Rush) And Rush only are a three piece.
2) Band uniform/identity getting very tiresome and predictable. (Looked like something cheesey from Happy days)
3) Song selections ? Strange to think this was to promote future live shows, hardly gripping "I've just gotta get a ticket at all costs" was it.
5) This act is over it's finished it's dried up, it did so years ago, it is simply "A dead parrot".
6) If you have payed good money for these shows and he performs as above you have every right to Boo and throw rotten fruit at them.
8) I know it's over

8) I know it's over

*paid
*dough

I loved it. "To Give" is a perfect kind of torch song for him- retro-y, a little camp, bombastic, and a homage to Dame Shirley Bassey- and it got people noticing/tweeting how his voice really is top notch.
I thought it was a good choice- and unique! :)

8) I know it's over

Feel free to move onto antoher artist that you feel is relevant and worthy of your praise. The majority of MOZ fans feel nothing like you do, and isn't that the point, you follow somebody you enjoy listening to and seeing perform live. Opinions are accepted, you gave yours, in your eyes "you know it's over" so move on. We feel "it's still on" and cannot wait for the upcoming tour to kick off Friday night~

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom