Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
Regardless of the quality of the conversation, this may be one of only a few times I've seen him enjoy being interviewed and not just "seeing to it" as a chore. He at least seemed to be very happy, and he gave Larry far much more credit than he's worth.

This is true. I'm glad he's happy even though he can't say that he is.

he used the shoe to dodge the 'cheesatarian' question.
i was hoping to hear 'benny the british butcher' wants to know.....
but even the social media questions were probably censored.

'Kay. But I personally believe him when he says he's been scraped ("treated"), and I imagine it's not unlikely for those to be the "precancerous cells." So. Are you going to begrudge him getting preventative treatment for an increased risk of cancer? I'm not offended by him saying he has cancer. He's been diagnosed with something that needs to be monitored so it doesn't progress into cancer. It's not like he's flat out saying, "Yup, Larry, I have lung cancer."

He said he has Barrett's esophagus, and he receives cancer-preventative treatment for it.

"Scrapings" are not treatment. They are surveillance biopsies, looking for cancer. If the biopsies reveal cancer, then the treatment is usually surgery, depending on the stage of the cancer.

As others have said: Barrett's esophagus is not cancer. It is a risk factor for cancer.

P.S. very enjoyable interview

I think it was a great interview.I really enjoyed it.Morrissey seems to have been in great spirits and looked absolutely fantastic,so handsome.

my god, he's handsome.

really? i know that fans see him in a different way, but omg he looks like the evil guy from Lazy Town nowadays. He used to be handsome when he was young, but let's be honest, he hasn't aged well at all

I haven't watched the whole interview. I want to know if Larry asked him about THe Smiths

"Scrapings" are not treatment. They are surveillance biopsies, looking for cancer. If the biopsies reveal cancer, then the treatment is usually surgery, depending on the stage of the cancer.

As others have said: Barrett's esophagus is not cancer. It is a risk factor for cancer.

P.S. very enjoyable interview

:thumb:

Loved the interview - he looks SO good his hair looks great and the blue accent on the blazer? highlights the blueness of his gorgeous eyes.
when he said I'm a sensitive little one I just wanted to HUG him. Thank you MOZ for doing the interview!!!!!!!!!! More please!!!!!

THANK GOD he is healthy.

I didn't say I thought was cancer, and I still happen to think it's fairly alarming. No matter how much "smaller" an increase it is in risk, it's still an increase in risk of cancer that merits monitoring.

Trying to watch the video but it's very frustrating... keeps glitching out at about the 10 minute mark, as soon as he takes his shoe off! I tried refreshing a few times but it seems to not work always at that same point. Sigh. A few of the clips posted here helped! Pretty good interview - entertaining for the most part. Anybody else feel sad when he said right at the beginning that The Smiths never even really liked each other? I mean, I know they clearly have their differences and have had for a long time, but he and Johnny have both said complimentary things about each other and their relationship long after the group was finished. It seems a shame to say they never really liked each other when, even in Morrissey's autobiography, he talks about the love and the bond they all shared. Why deny that? I just found that sad. :(

I didn't say I thought was cancer, and I still happen to think it's fairly alarming. No matter how much "smaller" an increase it is in risk, it's still an increase in risk of cancer that merits monitoring.
I agree that it's worrying, but undergoing routine preventive treatments like tissue scrapings and actually having cancer and receiving treatment for it are two very different things, and if Morrissey is only dealing with the former, then misrepresenting his current health status is disingenuous to say the least. It would be one thing if he wanted to keep things private and refused to disclose information about his health, but he's spoken about this issue to the press numerous times making vague comments about maybe having cancer while sensationalist journalists run amok and fans worry out of their minds. At least now he made a definitive statement about what he's being treated for, but while it may not be an illness to take lightly, it's not cancer.

Having said that, I enjoyed this interview a lot more than I thought I would. Even though King was clearly not very familiar with Morrissey or his work, they had a good rapport and Morrissey came across very well. There were a few eyebrow raising moments (none of the Smiths liked each other? he doesn't hold grudges?) but on the whole, it's definitely one of the most enjoyable interviews he's done in a long time and he seemed genuinely comfortable in King's presence. It's nice to finally have confirmation that he is now vegan, although I'm sure some of the tenacious troll crusaders around here will find another cause to champion.

Last edited:
Trying to watch the video but it's very frustrating... keeps glitching out at about the 10 minute mark, as soon as he takes his shoe off! I tried refreshing a few times but it seems to not work always at that same point. Sigh. A few of the clips posted here helped! Pretty good interview - entertaining for the most part. Anybody else feel sad when he said right at the beginning that The Smiths never even really liked each other? I mean, I know they clearly have their differences and have had for a long time, but he and Johnny have both said complimentary things about each other and their relationship long after the group was finished. It seems a shame to say they never really liked each other when, even in Morrissey's autobiography, he talks about the love and the bond they all shared. Why deny that? I just found that sad. :(

agree completely

Really enjoyed this, apart from that bizarre comment - “The Smiths were young and didn’t know what they were doing and nobody really liked each other” – huh? What?

Barret’s isn’t cancer – he squirmed uncomfortably through that question, seemed embarrassed and should have clarified it properly (“You’re not Stage 4, then?” – “Uh..no.”)

Love him just taking off his shoe and handing it over for inspection. Laughed at his response to the Sam Smith question. All in all, an enjoyable interview. Nice to see Moz “put on the spot” a couple of times and not become too defensive.

Really enjoyed this, apart from that bizarre comment - “The Smiths were young and didn’t know what they were doing and nobody really liked each other” – huh? What?

Barret’s isn’t cancer – he squirmed uncomfortably through that question, seemed embarrassed and should have clarified it properly (“You’re not Stage 4, then?” – “Uh..no.”)

Love him just taking off his shoe and handing it over for inspection. Laughed at his response to the Sam Smith question. All in all, an enjoyable interview. Nice to see Moz “put on the spot” a couple of times and not become too defensive.

wait, did he actually said that about the smiths? lmao he's such a liar and it makes me sad he say those thing :(

LK: Since you co-founded The Smiths, do you ever miss that group?
M: No, no....we were very young, we didn't know what we were doing, we didn't like each other that much. So ah, it was nice when it finished.

I wish he would've answered that honestly....being young and not knowing what you were doing I could get.....but nice when it was finished?

Last edited:
I haven't read all the derisory comments presiding my comment but this interview was the best I've seen/read in years! I love how he handed LK his shoes to inspect. His comments about depression & poetry were especially meaningful. And the TSA comments about "rear cleavage" were golden! My only quip was all the clinking from his chains!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom