Morrissey on front page of Yahoo.Com

Yeah...he really f***ed up this time. No doubt about it.

It's strange... I already was totally appalled at his statement, but somehow watching this empty-headed teleprompt reader yammer on about it, breaking it down in A-B-C fashion, I was truly faced with how totally desperate and stupid his statement was.

It's strange... I already was totally appalled at his statement, but somehow watching this empty-headed teleprompt reader yammer on about it, breaking it down in A-B-C fashion, I was truly faced with how totally desperate and stupid his statement was.

Agreed. And as we all know, everything comes down to perception. No matter how he tries to rationalize this, the average person will only hear what the media tells them. Very sad day for camp Morrissey :(

If it could even get worse, there is a picture of Moz on the bottom of the webpage. Clicking on it leads to a short blurb about the comments he made on stage and then they added this, "This is only the latest in a long series of harsh statements against animal cruelty from the outspoken vegetarian. In September, the singer triggered outrage by calling the Chinese a "sub-species" because of that culture's attitude regarding animal welfare."

I'm interested to hear PETAs reaction to his comments. If they condemn him, he's fully f***ed because they don't walk back much...

This can't help his record label chances.

I remember back when I ran my Malkovich fansite he was asked who'd he rather kill during a college visit. He said George Galloway or Robert Fisk. Man did the press run with that story about him "wanting to kill" them. [I guess you can't say a press member and not expect that...] it was a silly hypothetical question.

The press has nothing better to do.
If they didn't want to hurt anyones feelings all they had to do was not report on it this much.
He said it at a concert. It could've remained there in memory.

honthorst007.jpg

(This is at LACMA if you want to go see it in person, it's stunning in person.

You've got to be f***ing kidding me.

Get a brain. It's an archetype. Jesus was a weirdo, he had his beliefs. They were not popularly held beliefs but he stuck by them. In so doing, he was persecuted and mocked. This painting captures that moment. Those laughing/outraged people are the media and you.

Think outside the box, dude.

Get a brain. It's an archetype. Jesus was a weirdo, he had his beliefs. They were not popularly held beliefs but he stuck by them. In so doing, he was persecuted and mocked. This painting captures that moment. Those laughing/outraged people are the media and you.

This is nuts. Seriously, nuts. There isn't any comparison at all. Morrissey equated the mass murder of children for 90 minutes of terror at the hands of a madman to the butchering of livestock that's sole purpose for existence is to provide food. To continue to believe what this old fool uttered on stage was sage wisdom is pure foolishness.

He didn't even specifically compare two killings in his original rant. Killing for food doesn't go on in fastfood restaurants, it goes on in abattoirs/slaughterhouses. People getting fed goes on in fastfood restaurants. So is he comparing people getting fed meat to the Norway killings? Nitpicking I know, but for someone who clearly regards himself as some sort of verbose genius, you'd think he could express his argument better.

Also, if he regards humans and chickens as equal, referring to Kentucky Fried Chicken as 'Kentucky Fried Shit' doesn't exactly make sense either. Who refers to the things he's trying to protect/represent/beat his chest for as 'shit'?

Well, if his aim was to be scorned by the world at large and regarded as an insensitive hypocritical dickhead, mission accomplished.

This is nuts. Seriously, nuts. There isn't any comparison at all. Morrissey equated the mass murder of children for 90 minutes of terror at the hands of a madman to the butchering of livestock that's sole purpose for existence is to provide food. To continue to believe what this old fool uttered on stage was sage wisdom is pure foolishness.

I'm not saying what he said on stage was sage wisdom, it was his strong belief in the importance of animal rights that landed him in this mess.

If you get what I'm saying, you get what I'm saying. If you don't, you don't. Not a big deal. But thanks for calling him a fool and me a fool. Gary Brooker would be so proud. :love: :p

He didn't even specifically compare two killings in his original rant. Killing for food doesn't go on in fastfood restaurants, it goes on in abattoirs/slaughterhouses. People getting fed goes on in fastfood restaurants. So is he comparing people getting fed meat to the Norway killings? Nitpicking I know, but for someone who clearly regards himself as some sort of verbose genius, you'd think he could express his argument better.

Also, if he regards humans and chickens as equal, referring to Kentucky Fried Chicken as 'Kentucky Fried Shit' doesn't exactly make sense either. Who refers to the things he's trying to protect/represent/beat his chest for as 'shit'?

Well, if his aim was to be scorned by the world at large and regarded as an insensitive hypocritical dickhead, mission accomplished.

Sometimes these things pop in your head and there's no time to reason the thoughts out, it's like blurt mode, but here's how I would've worded the thought:

"We all live in a murderous world, as the tragic events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead.[del]Though that is nothing compared to[/del] In other murderous news, that is what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

I would've added a segue to seperate the thoughts a tad.

Last edited:

Thinking outside the box is one thing...specifically inferring a comparison between Morrissey and Christ is another. Morrissey is being persecuted (awww, poor baby) because he said that people dying at the hands of a lunatic was insignificant compared to the fast food industry...that, right there, says it all. he is entitled to his asinine value system but saying those words while ALL THOSE FAMILIES are in mourning is WOEFULLY callous and insensitive. there's nothing to respect about tactlessness.

Heck, we should just let the Norway killer go free. After all, he believed in what he was doing...even to the extent of being imprisoned for it. We just aren't "thinking outside the box."

Sometimes these things pop in your head and there's no time to reason the thoughts out, it's like blurt mode, but here's how I would've worded the thought:

"We all live in a murderous world, as the tragic events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead.[del]Though that is nothing compared to[/del] In other murderous news, that is what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

I would've added a segue to seperate the thoughts a tad.

All well and good (theoretically) except that this logic assumes that humans and animals are intrinsically the same. Which is total cack. You can't alleviate shitty logic by underlining and depending on said shitty logic in your clarification.

Oh Skylarker...you know I just post this shit to give you something to blah blah blah about. :p

Thinking outside the box is one thing...specifically inferring a comparison between Morrissey and Christ is another. Morrissey is being persecuted (awww, poor baby) because he said that people dying at the hands of a lunatic was insignificant compared to the fast food industry...that, right there, says it all. he is entitled to his asinine value system but saying those words while ALL THOSE FAMILIES are in mourning is WOEFULLY callous and insensitive. there's nothing to respect about tactlessness.

Heck, we should just let the Norway killer go free. After all, he believed in what he was doing...even to the extent of being imprisoned for it. We just aren't "thinking outside the box."

All well and good (theoretically) except that this logic assumes that humans and animals are intrinsically the same. Which is total cack. You can't alleviate shitty logic by underlining and depending on said shitty logic in your clarification.

Frankly, I'm totally confused as to why Morrissey ever wore the, "f*** Solo" tee-shirt. After each new calamity, just when you and I think it cannot get any worse, here comes the Church of Morrissey to defend his latest diarrhea of the mouth. It honestly does not matter what he says or does, this segment will follow him with a willfully blind allegiance.

I'm not saying what he said on stage was sage wisdom, it was his strong belief in the importance of animal rights that landed him in this mess.

If you get what I'm saying, you get what I'm saying. If you don't, you don't. Not a big deal. But thanks for calling him a fool and me a fool. Gary Brooker would be so proud. :love: :p

He is 52 years old and most 52 year old men understand that it would be foolish and tacky to politicize a terrorist attack against defenseless children before most were even buried by saying that it was no worse than what happens when chickens are butchered for KFC. Those kids were murdered for political reasons and to be further used for a political agenda is just utterly disgusting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom