Morrissey on Desert Island Discs - 29 Nov 2009

The D.I.D's website says this:

Kirsty Young's castaway is Morrissey.

As the lead singer of The Smiths he captivated a generation of angst-ridden teenagers and, a quarter of a century later, he remains the outsider's outsider.

As a child, he was enthralled by the emotion and beauty in pop music. He discovered the joy of public performance when, as a six-year-old boy, he stood on a table and started singing. But from an early age he felt he had to avoid everything conventional life had to offer. 'I just didn't want the norm in any way, he says, 'and I didn't get it. And I'm very glad.'.

was an ad on Radio4 for it this morn, i just missed it, work friend told me he was 'wafflin' on about some record shop with sawdust on the floor. :thumb:

Desert Island Discs BBC Radio 4

Morrissey featured Sunday 29 November 11.15 (BBC Radio 4 FM only) and Friday 4 December 9.00 (BBC Radio 4).

As boxoctosis pointed out, along with Julia, the Moz & Kirrrsty chat will see DID's debut as a podcast. Find out more here.

Broadcasts:
1. Sun 29 Nov 2009
11:15
BBC Radio 4 (FM only)

2. Fri 4 Dec 2009
09:00
BBC Radio 4

What do they mean when they say tomorrow will be "FM only"? Will I not be able to listen to it through the Radio 4 website?

Broadcasts:
1. Sun 29 Nov 2009
BBC Radio 4 (FM only)

2. Fri 4 Dec 2009
BBC Radio 4

What do they mean when they say tomorrow will be "FM only"? Will I not be able to listen to it through the Radio 4 website?

I don't know for definite - but Radio 4 broadcasts some shows in long wave (Cricket matches, shipping forecasts etc) so it might mean that whilst DID is on on Sunday on FM something else is on Longwave.

Here's the schedule for LW tomorrow - http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/lw/2009/11/29 It looks like the cricket is on.

On line should be the FM version.

Dave

Broadcasts:
1. Sun 29 Nov 2009
BBC Radio 4 (FM only)

2. Fri 4 Dec 2009
BBC Radio 4

maybe they mean 'not on world service' i hope the digital has it, or im royally screwed. :mad:

Interestingly:
"This is the first episode of Desert Island Discs available as a podcast. From now on, you can automatically receive the latest episode as soon as it's available, and take it with you on the move to listen wherever and whenever you like."

So, no desperate rush to copy it... in theory, we can pick it up as a podcast. Bonus!

Dave

I'll bet a homebaked cheesecake that he picks one of his OWN songs. :thumb:

I just heard a trail for this that began with Kirrrsty's low fragrant burr breathily intoning 'My castaway this week...is Morrissey.'
Reader, I wet myself.

If I remember correctly, Kirsty first says to him 'when are you going to do what people expect you to' and Moz replies something like 'what do you mean? like feeding the pigeons?' it is then when she said 'No, I mean settle down, have children etc' and Morrisey said 'I am going to explode!' followed by the feet first comment.
I just caught the last 15 minutes of Sunday's programme just to check that Morrissey WAS still due to be next week's guest and YES he is.
Funnily enough this week's guest chose Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now as his last song choice.
why does questions about personal life ,is it a provocation http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4240840/:p

I just heard a trail for this that began with Kirrrsty's low fragrant burr breathily intoning 'My castaway this week...is Morrissey.'
Reader, I wet myself
really ,I thought in to wake up 5 am time here. :blushing:

Someone's had a sneaky preview. Click for a spoiler on his luxury item here.

Ahh, this interview is bored then.:(

he speak about suicide I thought that he was different, when he sang in the last tour :squiffy:

And when I'm lying in my bed
I think about life And I think about death
And neither one particularly appeals to me

you to be careful with I felt a Natural emotion

Back
Top Bottom