Morrissey on Desert Island Discs - 29 Nov 2009

Shoes - Reparata

can someone copy it to megaupload ..... i ask in advance as im out that night :rolleyes:

night? its on in the morning ya great ninny :p

The thing about DID is it can go one of two ways:
1) The guest's fav tunes ever
2) The tunes that have been the soundtrack to their lives (e.g. stuff that conjures up certain times in their lives)

Hope he goes for the latter

My Sunday routine finally reaches the dizzy heights. Jam on toast cup of tea and then out for drinks..

for your interest

Did anyone record D.I.D, I awoke too late

Why don't set the alarm clock?
You can listen again from iPlayer or repeat on Friday 4th December 9:00am.

Oh I just read Morrissey wasn't on it.
Julia Donaldson (kids book author was)- who cares about her!!!!

Today is 15th November.

Morrissey's edition will be on 29th November and repeat on 4th December.

Last edited:
I just listened and I thought he'd cancelled, as they said Ian Rose would be on next week, but then I realised we have two weeks to go. I must pay more attention.

Peter

Re: for your interest

You can listen again from iPlayer or repeat on Friday 4th December 9:00am.

Today is 15th November.

Morrissey's edition will be on 29th November and repeat on 4th December.

Then, we have our chance to listen Morrissey.

I just listened and I thought he'd cancelled, as they said Ian Rose would be on next week, but then I realised we have two weeks to go. I must pay more attention.

Peter

With Morrissey's recent track record your intital thoughts were hardly surprising!

Oh I just read Morrissey wasn't on it.
Julia Donaldson (kids book author was)- who cares about her!!!!

You want to be careful there, she will set the Gruffalo on you
But who is this creature, with terrible claws
And terrible teeth in his terrible jaws
He's got knobbly knees and turned-out toes
and a poisonous wart on the end of his nose
His eyes are orange and his tongue is black
and he's got purple prickles all over his back

Oh help! Oh No!! It's a...Gruffalo

aug22-thegruffalo.gif

Dave

And terrible teeth in his terrible jaws
He's got knobbly knees and turned-out toes

Well that bit could be the description of a Mozfalo, too...And turned out toes...hence not very stable...Collapsing easily and stuff.

I like how it says that Morrissey will be talking about his life and career...I very much doubt that, he'll find many off topic things to talking about haha

Radio 4 played an extract yesterday where Morrissey was asked about settling down etc and he replied 'when they carry me out feet first- that's when i'll settle down'. He also said something about exploding!

I think this is going to be a classic interview.

And I heard a trailer where they remixed the DID theme to sound like the Smiths. Then Moz described meeting Marr for the first time. Can't wait!

Radio 4 played an extract yesterday where Morrissey was asked about settling down etc and he replied 'when they carry me out feet first- that's when i'll settle down'. He also said something about exploding!

I think this is going to be a classic interview.

If I remember correctly, Kirsty first says to him 'when are you going to do what people expect you to' and Moz replies something like 'what do you mean? like feeding the pigeons?' it is then when she said 'No, I mean settle down, have children etc' and Morrisey said 'I am going to explode!' followed by the feet first comment.
I just caught the last 15 minutes of Sunday's programme just to check that Morrissey WAS still due to be next week's guest and YES he is.
Funnily enough this week's guest chose Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now as his last song choice.

Back
Top Bottom