Morrissey on BBC 6 Music Live 2017 (Oct. 2, 2017, Maida Vale, London) - reminder / reports

Setlist:

You Have Killed Me / I Wish You Lonely / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Ganglord / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / My Love, I'd Do Anything for You (not played) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (not played)

Setlist provided by @NeilW70 / Twitter.

• BBC 6 Music Live video highlights (10 songs, UK only) - BBC iPlayer. Link posted by Jim_Royle.
  • Photos posted at BBC Radio 6 Music / Facebook (4 total)

40878_maida_vale_bbc6music.jpg

• From @NeilW70 / Twitter. Link posted by BrummieBoy.

Full #morrissey setlist at #maidavale. Looks like three more songs after went off air. Photo credit to @Dr_Paul_Thomas

40877_maida_vale_setlist.jpg
  • Link posted by an anonymous person:

Just a reminder poached from the BBC site for people wanting to watch/hear the show:

How to catch Moz tomorrow:

1) On the BBC website

Visit the BBC Radio 6 Music homepage at bbc.co.uk/6music to keep up-to-date with all the latest highlights from this year's 6 Music Live.

You'll be able to watch the live performances, plus an interview with Lauren, by visiting us from 11:30am each day.

Then, from 7pm each evening, you'll be able to watch each set on-demand, available for the following 30 days.

There'll also be a selection of video highlights and photos from all the acts available via the website.

2) On the BBC Red Button
Press Red from any BBC TV channel from midday each day to watch Morrissey, Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Morrissey's sets live.

The performances will then be looped on Red Button, before a highlights programme goes live at 7pm.

There'll also be a special programme featuring the best bits from all the acts, available via the Red Button from Saturday 7 to Friday 13 October.

FULL RED BUTTON SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Monday 2 October: 12:00 - 16:15 / 19:00 - ongoing
Tuesday 3 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 4 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 15:45 / 19:00 - ongoing
Thursday 5 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Friday 6 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Saturday 7 October: ongoing - 17:50 / 22:00 - ongoing
Sunday 8 October: ongoing - 12:20 / 16:30 - 17:50 / 23:40 - ongoing
Monday 9 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 21:05 - ongoing
Tuesday 10 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 17:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 11 October: ongoing - 18:00 / 23:00 - ongoing
Thursday 12 October: ongoing - ongoing
Friday 13 October: ongoing - 22:00

3) On the Radio
Lauren Laverne will be taking her 6 Music show to Maida Vale, 10:00-13:00, each morning, featuring special editions of Memory Tapes, interviews with all the artists, and more build-up, before the live performance from 12:00.
Listen live, or on-demand for 30 days after broadcast, by following the links below:
4) On Facebook

Keep an eye on our 6 Music Facebook page every day from 10:30am to see Lauren in conversation with some of our acts and guests. They'll also pick the tracks to go on their Memory Tapes.

5) On Instagram

We'll be backstage on Instagram Stories, showcasing all the best photos from each performance.

6) On Twitter

Follow the conversation and share reactions on Twitter, and see some of the best moments from each session

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
People who are Islamophobic are not afraid of the religion, they are afraid of the practitioners of it! That's why IKIP and Trump (whom Morrissey claims to detest but who Morrissey agrees with on all things immigration) want to stop Islamic immigration. This is a bad thing because it has a devastating effect on real people's lives. The U.S. is stopping taking almost all Syrian refugees because of Islamophobia.

Do you know any Muslims? Are they scary? I have known plenty of Muslims and there wasn't any reason to be afraid of them! Just because there are Muslim fanatics doesn't mean we should punish millions of good, kind and innocent people.

BTW, in the U.S., we have just had a white man murder and injure hundreds of people, and we have had a number of such mass shootings by white men. Should I be afraid of white men? Should we limit white male immigrants?

Morrissey is dead wrong in his support for UKIP. That someone with his insight and sensitivity could be so wrong about something so important is very disappointing. It's not cute or calculated. It's guided by fear and ignorance, and he should know better.

O Jesus, of course peeps are scared of the practitioners, they are the ones that put the religion into effect.
Are you for real LOL. How about karate? LOL How come nobody is scared of practitioners of karate.

Dude, most Muslims ARE white dudes. What if this Vegas dude turns out to be Muslim. Get your mind right FFS.

Are you guys sane? The tube bombers would never have had the opportunity to do their deed had it not been for immigration. :crazy:

Any ideas on what the s1, s2 etc by the tracks refers to?

People who are Islamophobic are not afraid of the religion, they are afraid of the practitioners of it! That's why IKIP and Trump (whom Morrissey claims to detest but who Morrissey agrees with on all things immigration) want to stop Islamic immigration. This is a bad thing because it has a devastating effect on real people's lives. The U.S. is stopping taking almost all Syrian refugees because of Islamophobia.

Do you know any Muslims? Are they scary? I have known plenty of Muslims and there wasn't any reason to be afraid of them! Just because there are Muslim fanatics doesn't mean we should punish millions of good, kind and innocent people.

BTW, in the U.S., we have just had a white man murder and injure hundreds of people, and we have had a number of such mass shootings by white men. Should I be afraid of white men? Should we limit white male immigrants?

Morrissey is dead wrong in his support for UKIP. That someone with his insight and sensitivity could be so wrong about something so important is very disappointing. It's not cute or calculated. It's guided by fear and ignorance, and he should know better.
YES, my post is off topic, but it seems relevant...

It's like the 700 club. Pat Robertson is an inflammatory c*** of the highest order, but no one ever refers to him as a radical Christian, despite him broadcasting what amounts to calls for terrorist actions on behalf of Christians.

I want to see more radical Buddhism. Could you imagine a world where people weighed their choices and their effects on their fellow creatures, and sought to actually know themselves? Ignorance sells, and the world is becoming addicted. When there's no sense of accountability to self and others, the world gets pretty scary.

Beyond being a political problem, Morrissey's anti-Muslim immigration stand is an artistic problem. The more that he says or writes these provocative statements, the less we can give him the benefit of the doubt about songs like "Bengali in Platforms" or "National Front Disco". Supporters have argued, for example, that the former is an expression of sympathy to an awkward person trying to "belong" in a world that is already "hard enough". But now I can't hear it any other way then as, "Hey Bengali, you don't belong here, so shelve your Western plans (That means, "Get the f*** out of this country!)". Similarly, I always thought that "National Front Disco" skated a brilliantly dangerous line by painting a portrait of a disaffected youth in thrall to fascism and alienated from his concerned family. I always heard "England for the English" as being sung in the voice of the racist youth. But now I hear Morrissey himself singing "English for the English" and pining for the (white Anglo-Saxon country) that he would like to live in someday (when the score is settled!).

Why would a artist want to diminish their own work in this way?

It's like the 700 club. Pat Robertson is an inflammatory c*** of the highest order, but no one ever refers to him as a radical Christian, despite him broadcasting what amounts to calls for terrorist actions on behalf of Christians.

I want to see more radical Buddhism. Could you imagine a world where people weighed their choices and their effects on their fellow creatures, and sought to actually know themselves? Ignorance sells, and the world is becoming addicted. When there's no sense of accountability to self and others, the world gets pretty scary.

About time the amish waged war on the world with pitchforks. The revolution will start in Punxsutawney.

i cant believe this pish is still going on and I left last night thinking it would have died down.

The only thing worse than a racist is an anonymous racist.

Your mind is 100 percent racist. You advocate the theory that Muslims are not/cannot be white!!! LOL
Totally insane.
I take it you dont even know what 'race' means.

Morrissey fans are about to give up on him – Johnny Marr, please stage an intervention

Stuart Heritage
Morrissey’s latest outburst – a conspiracy theory about anti-Muslim politician Anne Marie Waters – ought to be the final straw for right-thinking fans of his music

'We probably should have seen it coming. By yammering on about Ukip, Morrissey ensured that he made the news again. If he hadn’t, what would have been the take-home reaction to the concert?Actor who plays Game of Thrones’ Samwell Tarly seen at a gig”? “More bad new songs from Morrissey”? Probably.

Instead, here’s another firestorm that Morrissey can propel himself along with, like when he called the Brexit result “magnificent” or when he said: “I like Nigel Farage a great deal,” or when he called Chinese people a “subspecies”. These outbursts are becoming so routine and so desperate that Morrissey is seemingly only a couple of bad decisions away from turning up to the Conservative party conference in a wedding dress.'

' the lunk-headed ravings of a professional irritant like Morrissey.'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/c...-him-johnny-marr-please-stage-an-intervention

Now we know your real name is Stuart Heritage, Brummie Boy.

Buddhist monks 'storm UN shelter’ to attack Rohingya refugees
Sinhala National Movement in Sri Lanka attacked the safe-house for the group of Muslims – which included women and children – in support of fellow Buddhists in Burma

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-burma-sri-lanka-united-nations-a7972236.html

next thing we will find out bennys name is torquil or farquar.

I have seen many shores
i hugged the land but nothing more
because i haven't met you

i have wined and i have dined with every bogus music mogul
no sign of you
i brush and i run
pressing pounds excluding charm
yet never in arms

and thats why home is a question mark
oh its a quest
home is a question mark
home is some place i don't know

i have been brave
every ..
another film on replay
this time Hell with Guillaume Canet

bless me that's why

home is a question mark
some place i dunno

home is a just word
or is it something you carry within you
I'm happy just to be here
if i ever find home

if i get there
would you meet me
wrap your legs around my face
just to greet me

if i ever get there
you think i will
do you really think i will?

many times i'd say
i still

[video]

He's no less anonymous than you are

That is mostly true, but...

1) Folks with a avatar have an online presence and construct a persona through posts and replies. We know who each other are even if we don't know our real identities. Every "anonymous" is the same.

2) I am not a racist (or anti-immigrant) so I don't have to hide behind anonymity in order to state hateful views.

Your mind is 100 percent racist. You advocate the theory that Muslims are not/cannot be white!!! LOL
Totally insane.
I take it you dont even know what 'race' means.

Good point. Muslims can be white. Going to Mecca and experiencing white Muslim brothers is what led Malcolm X to stop hating white people. I stand corrected.

Race is a social construct invented by the powerful in order to maintain power over the less powerful. We are all infected by the disease of racism. The best thing we can do is recognize the disease and stop spreading it!

Good point. Muslims can be white. Going to Mecca and experiencing white Muslim brothers is what led Malcolm X to stop hating white people. I stand corrected.

Race is a social construct invented by the powerful in order to maintain power over the less powerful. We are all infected by the disease of racism. The best thing we can do is recognize the disease and stop spreading it!

Malcolm X was shot by Muslims.

Race is a social construct? You mean there is no such thing as race?
LOL after you have been calling peeps here racist there is NO race? 'the best thing is to recognize', WTF have you considered taking up your own advice.

That is mostly true, but...

1) Folks with a avatar have an online presence and construct a persona through posts and replies. We know who each other are even if we don't know our real identities. Every "anonymous" is the same.

2) I am not a racist (or anti-immigrant) so I don't have to hide behind anonymity in order to state hateful views.

Construct a persona that makes a 180 turn in a matter of two posts LOL

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom