Morrissey 'naked with cake' cover photo turned down by The Sunday Times

Episode 29 - Our nightmare week with Morrissey - The Sunday Times Magazine Podcast
How difficult is it to photograph Morrissey? Pretty difficult, it turns out. Eleanor Mills and the team pull no punches in explaining how The Smiths frontman kept our photographer waiting in New York for four days and why today's Magazine interview with the controversial singer almost completely unravelled

The Sunday Times staff discuss here the difficulties they had getting Morrissey to agree to a photoshoot for the interview published 26.11.17.

Excerpt: "We got an email saying the shoot Morrissey wants to do, is he wants to be naked except for a cake - a great big icing-covered cake - in front of his genitals..."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the importance of being a fat baldy has been, bless his cotton socks !
The world won't listen but it will laugh out loud :rofl:

More ! More ! Bravo ! Ha ha ha ha ! :laughing: F A F !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

TROLL X33
4CK YOU BUTTFACE X41
DROP DEAD BENNY THE BASTARD WANKER X17
C@NT ARSE X56
TROLL X33
4CK YOU BUTTFACE X41
DROP DEAD BENNY THE BASTARD WANKER X17
C@NT ARSE X56

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

These people literally make me vomit; ellie, ellie and matt ~ white, upper class, thickos.
the same inbred gene pool/went to same school brigade who have been running the media in blighty for the last century.
pay lip-service to diversity and open-mindeness but all know each others mothers and read the same books, see the same films, listen to the same music.
í almost thought this was some kind of armando iannucci piss-take on modern journalism.
these are the people who actually run the sunday times magazine; í genuinely find that incredible.
the fact that Morrissey gave these morons the runaround is a badge to be worn with pride.
and, pardon me for my ignorance, but how is Morrissey naked with a cupcake over his cock unacceptable "in the present climate". what the f*** has that got to do with male predatory abuse of power? #CakeToo...?
20171126_191609.png

Hey ugly, been loving the smiles, spit out coffee a few times now. You've got a good attitude about all of it, I like that.
People on here take these pantomime shenanigans way too seriously. It's important to lighten the mood.

I don't support a lot of his views and I'm sure he is difficult to be around but I find it a bit shit of them to bitch about him like this TBH. Quite unprofessional.
I hear ya. Then again, I guess if he'd done the photoshoot on time as agreed, and not dicked them out of their 'exclusive' interview, they probably wouldn't be bitching about him, so it's swings and roundabouts.

These people literally make me vomit; ellie, ellie and matt ~ white, upper class, thickos.
the same inbred gene pool/went to same school brigade who have been running the media in blighty for the last century.
pay lip-service to diversity and open-mindeness but all know each others mothers and read the same books, see the same films, listen to the same music.
í almost thought this was some kind of armando iannucci piss-take on modern journalism.
these are the people who actually run the sunday times magazine; í genuinely find that incredible.
the fact that Morrissey gave these morons the runaround is a badge to be worn with pride.
and, pardon me for my ignorance, but how is Morrissey naked with a cupcake over his cock unacceptable "in the present climate". what the f*** has that got to do with male predatory abuse of power? #CakeToo...?

You sound old fashioned, and it's causing you pain. The universe doesn't care about you.

Cheer up. Have a coke.

"except for cake covering his, ahem, dick" don't think Korda Marshall said that.

link please. thanks in advance.

You want a link to Morrissey's dick?

Sorry girlfriend ain't gonna happen. Though you can help yourself to a slice of cake after Morrissey's finished with it.

Isn't there a photograph of Morrissey and his bad in which all of them are naked, but covering their genitalia with albums????

No irony at all in the question, I am sure I saw the photo... Or maybe it was a photo of another band and I got mixed up?

(A group photo, everyone is naked, everyone holds an album to cover his own dick). Was it Morrissey and his band or I got mixed up?

There is a picture of naked Morrissey in front of a cake that gets passed around for birthdays. Does anyone have it, i couldn't find it.

You're right. These people all know each other and when the revolution comes the fake liberals should be used as shields.
I can understand not wanted to see Morrissey naked and it's possible that "in the present climate" is just a nice way to say "keep your unwanted dick pix to yourself, please." But In the context of his recent comments I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say that the unwanted picture would not be completely free of association from the type of thing that put Anthony Weiner in prison. In case it isn't news there he is/was the the politician and husband of top Hillary associate, a woman called Huma, btw, who just can't stop shoving the camera down his pants and sending the results to underage girls.
"Where were the parents!"
Anyway, I hate that sort of person myself but in this case I think he's at an age where someone needs to tell him to keep his clothes on.

Isn't there a photograph of Morrissey and his bad in which all of them are naked, but covering their genitalia with albums????

No irony at all in the question, I am sure I saw the photo... Or maybe it was a photo of another band and I got mixed up?

(A group photo, everyone is naked, everyone holds an album to cover his own dick). Was it Morrissey and his band or I got mixed up?

morrisseyandband.jpg

The "in the present climate" comment was intriguing it is fascist implications for provocative entertainers - if any will exist ten years from now. Exhibitionism, tastelessness and naughtiness were traditions for the top fops of the pops. Granted, Morrissey is insane and the cake idea is lame, meaningless, not new and not much to look at, but that isn't the point. These nasty little vampires and their bilious little star chamber offers me little hope for the appeal of smart English journalism!

morrisseyy.jpg

I think it's from a photoshoot for Years Of Refusal

1) What does your perception of their class have anything to do with anything?
2) Even if they were pigeonholed in that upper class, so what?

I reckon it would of been better if Uncle Steve was covered in his favorite foods potato tacos and refried beans mixed with a non-dairy caramel macchiato from Starbucks.

It's in the post. Those kind of people put on a false front that they're open-minded but they're not. I'm not sure it can be made any simpler.

It's in the post. Those kind of people put on a false front that they're open-minded but they're not. I'm not sure it can be made any simpler.

You didn't address the class points, on both scores. It's almost as if they're having a go at poor, poor old Mozzer, and you hitch on to the first thing you can - their accents, and vilify them for their perceived class. Inverse snobbery.

Again - what has their perceived class got anything to do with anything here?

What class of person with what type of accent is best qualified to comment here?

Last edited:
This podcast, or rather its participants, are revolting. The ignorance and arrogance on display is shocking and I’m glad this exists because it shows the kind of snidey, superior buffoons who run the print media show.

It begins by somebody saying they’ve never heard the Smiths – fair enough – and then being told they’ve “missed nothing”....???!!!

It proceeds with the sort of witless impersonation of Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now that even Little & Large wouldn’t have stooped to in 1985. Also these people are too stupid to realise that Heaven Knows is a FUNNY SONG. It’s supposed to be a joke. But clearly humour in pop wasn’t on the curriculum at Eton.

Then we have the David Cameron quote, as in the feature, misattributed to Morrissey, not Marr, and Morrissey criticised for not owning up to something he never said. Lazy research, cubed.

Then we have the 3 idiots from the Sunday Times referring to the second hand Der Spiegel quotes “as he said in our interview” because they are too stupid to actually distinguish between what the journalist Chrissie Illey asked Morrissey and what she had to quote from Der Speigel.

Then we have ageism. Morrissey – “urgh” – a “58 year old man”. Would that say that about a woman? Probably not.

Then we have libel. Morrissey “is anti-muslim”. Is he? That’s probably news to him, and his lawyer.

Then we have Morrissey accused of maybe being a virgin but then – oh wait – no, he’ll have done “weird” sex somebody says. Weird as in what? Gay sex? Nice one, the Sunday Times.

And as for the cake photo – Morrissey was obviously taking the piss. Listening to this podcast, these conceited upper class twits deserved it. If you want to understand why Morrissey will never speak to the print media again, here’s your answer in ten toe-curling minutes. Morrissey should sue these monsters.

Cause they are running the show, still. let someone else have a go. The story is old and it goes on.

í really don't mind the upper classes; it's just the thick ones in charge í can't abide.

but you're right. it has nothing to do with nothing...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom