Morrissey meets with Elektra Records president and Zack de la Rocha

Re: Morrissey meets with Elektra Records president

Oh, I hope there's a deal in the works. Nice picture :)

Had coffee with him and Zac de la rocha. A deal coming?

2hxn5gh.jpg

:cheers: :cheers:

god bless these men!

Who else besides me hopes the meeting was about Morrissey recruiting RATM as his new studio band?

Edit to add: I'm not a RATM fan.

Who else besides me hopes the meeting was about Morrissey recruiting RATM as his new studio band?

what about his current band? to form RATMorrissey?

Rage Grammar ?

'and they say he's mentall'... just hope He get's a deal, RATM is too much noise, indeed says nothing to me about my life, dunno them that well to be honoust

Elektra boss: "So, Moz. We've been thinking. We'd really, really like to sign you to our label."
Moz: "Oh, wonderful."
Elektra boss: "... but only if you record a rap metal album with my man Zach here."

You remember when Sting did a new version of Roxanne with Puff Daddy? They could do an album of Morrissey and Smiths classics reworked with Zack providing additional vocals and some heavy RATM riffs thrown in.

"It was a good lay, yeah? It was good lay, yeah? It was a f***ing good lay, yeah?" etc, etc, repeat to fade

You remember when Sting did a new version of Roxanne with Puff Daddy? They could do an album of Morrissey and Smiths classics reworked with Zack providing additional vocals and some heavy RATM riffs thrown in.

"It was a good lay, yeah? It was good lay, yeah? It was a f***ing good lay, yeah?" etc, etc, repeat to fade

Or the other way round? Moz bouncing up and down, shouting "F*CK YOU - I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!". In a Gucci shirt.

Nice pic.
I'm sure Moz likes a little RATM now and then -- he's basically the living embodiment of "f*** you, I won't do what you tell me."
And he must've taken some pleasure in "Killing in the Name" hijacking the UK chart pole position back in Xmas 2009.

Upcoming duet?

Last edited:
Maybe he's trying to get another classic label to add to his collection. Jobriath, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne and Sparks have all put out records on Elektra.

Maybe he's trying to get another classic label to add to his collection. Jobriath, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne and Sparks have all put out records on Elektra.

The Doors were on Elektra as well.

Yeah the president has been hinting on his Instagram for a few days, so I think an announcement is coming.

I'm hoping he records in April and tours the U.S. in June/July.

I do like his antlers. :cool:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom