Morrissey lyric book?

LazyDyke

I'd really love to see a massive lyric book filled to the brim with Morrissey's lyrics from the days of The Smiths to now. Including b-sides.

It'd be extra cool if it had pics of original lyric sheets.

Would you buy it?

I'd really love to see a massive lyric book filled to the brim with Morrissey's lyrics from the days of The Smiths to now. Including b-sides.

Would you buy it?

No.

I can understand what he's saying...why would I pay money to buy a book that tells me what I already know?

It's been done by a fan, in a very limited run. I have a copy. Will post pics when I get back from holiday.

P.

Would you buy it?

Yes, I would.

As a companion to the autobiography, assuming it's actually worth reading more than the Amazon reviews.

If there was a 'Box Of Vision' type project [on acid-free paper] it might make a good investment for the kids, although it's hard to know how durable Morrissey will be at this stage and without further commercial success, it's unlikely BOV would commit to a minor artist.

It also probably won't / can't happen as that would require all the art/cover star rights holders to be on board, and I doubt they are. I doubt anyone in Team Morrissey has kept all this on track for licencings, so organising it would probably be just another car-crash. Shame, as the covers+lyrics would be the perfect coffee table companion to internet-free intensive listening sessions. As search engines are brought into line with Web 3.0 Copyright those ridiculous 'lyrics' sites with their flashing gee-gaws will bite the dust pretty sharpish. Which will be totally excellent.

*sincerely B.B*

http://www.boxofvision.com/

Would you buy it?

Yes. I would especially buy it if he did a limited signed edition! :p

I'd be interested if it was a lyric book filled with extensive linear notes by the man himself, about the context of the songs, what they mean to him and why he wrote them. That would make an interesting read, but I don't understand why anyone would want just a lyric book of all the songs when albums tend to come with lyric books and even if you download, there's the internet and if you're like me, you know most of the songs by heart anyway.

There's something about reading lyrics on the printed page.

You take them in differently than singing along to a song...even if you've memorized it and heard
it a thousand times.

Uncleskinny, would love to see pics of the fan printed book!

Any new word on the autobiography anyway??

I'm getting skeptical -- it would be just a couple months away now; pre-order options on amazon should have cropped up and some publicity gears should have started to turn......

1. Yes, a fully annotated collection of all his lyrics (with variations) would be lovely; however, between the temporarily-defunct PassionsJustLikeMine and a copy of Mozipedia, you can have the same effect.

2. No autobiography this fall. A deal would have been announced loudly, and I have heard nothing on the publishing grapevine, either. The book would probably be due from the author very early in a year (February or March) for release that fall unless it's being rushed to print as a celebrity tell-all. I can't fathom that; it will be well-edited and treated with dignity. So maybe next year? I've no idea how they prefer to time things like this--maybe key it to an anniversary or a birthday? Perhaps late summer, the 26th anniversary of the Smiths' breakup?

Any new word on the autobiography anyway??

I'm getting skeptical -- it would be just a couple months away now; pre-order options on amazon should have cropped up and some publicity gears should have started to turn......

I'd give it another 5 years :D

Back
Top Bottom