Morrissey interview with La Repubblica.it

That is way better. Thanks.

Love the image they used:

Immagine-2-654x404.png

When was Jake pestered by the press?

He can't even answer where he lives, FFS.

Very witty. Nice to see Moz in top form. I love his explanation for the cover art! Pmsl.

He can't even answer where he lives, FFS.

I imagine not disclosing his address keeps the bailiffs from the door

I'm not sure that Jake would want to advise this site of the nature and extent of any hassle he has received. Just because no stories actually appeared (probably due to Jake resolutely saying nothing at all), being pestered and doorstepped by tabloid hacks on fishing expeditions is no fun at all. I know there is a school of thought that says if a story hasn't been previously reported and verified by So_Low then it didn't happen, but...

The most in depth, concerning relavant things about him today. Enjoyed the response to what where wondered stance questions. Thanks morrissey. You sound reasonable and rational.

Macaroni!.....I thought that was hilarious, for some strange reason.

yeah i instantly wanted to make a joke about cooking him but in hindsight thought it in poor taste

Macaroni!.....I thought that was hilarious, for some strange reason.

I srsly doubt Moz is a big Ad Rock fan but I'll pretend for a second this isn't coin star.

I need Paul's Boutique again. I need something more. Intense distrust of Chachi bc of your affiliation. Worse than McDonalds. Remind me not to go to the movies these days.

Cheers.

Moz lives in the here and now and happiness is geographical. But is the real estate affordable?

An 82-year old Italian woman was beheaded in her London garden. Sick! :(

I guess Ezra Pound should not have endorsed fascism, not that I support cruel & unusual punishment, but he didn't mind gassing Jews?!

Finally, the confusing Harvest episode is explained in a way that makes sense. Business = headache (true.)

Moz shouldn't beat himself up for thinking the Ramones sucked at first. Some music has to grow on you and may not sound good at first. I'm not into the Ramones, myself, I'm into Macaroni Mozzer!

Coast to Coast AM blew an opportunity to play "Ouija Board, Ouija" Board last night (see link). Sometimes they play "How Soon is Now?" in the bumper music.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2014/10/04

Historical phrase :I love anything that has the rhythm of a funeral.

His intervieuws still are a joy to read, Morrissey can always have a career as having a talkshow, with some music,
bit like Jools, but more in depth talking.

break a leg Morrissey, Lisboa give Him all great welcome

'and they say he's mentall' ...the Frank and Walters..

That was a very nice read. Thank you for posting.
I'm really glad Moz was not killed in a canoe accident, and The Ramones, I believe, would concur. ;)

It was all going so well until he threw out 'your mother was a small black gypsy' as an insult at the end.

His intervieuws still are a joy to read, Morrissey can always have a career as having a talkshow, with some music,
bit like Jools, but more in depth talking.

I assume you are joking. If Moz helmed a talkshow it would be cancelled after the pilot episode. No guest would be good enough for him and he probably wouldn't turn up unless asked to leave the dressing room 49 times. His answer to every statement made by the guest would be "really? do you think so?", as he fluffs up his quiff and grimaces at the wrong camera. I can imagine the conversation:

Guest 1: "It's so great to be on your show, Morrissey. Especially as this is your first ever talkshow."
Moz: "Ammm no, you're wrong. You're wrong. But you're not northern so you could never understand."
Guest 1: "Understand what? This IS your first talkshow."
Moz: "Boz? How long has it been since I did my last talkshow?" (unintelligible garble from stage right where Boz has been busy snarfing all the free donuts)
Moz: "Yes, so you see I'm right and you're wrong."
Guest 1: "Moz, don't take this the wrong way but you are a freak sometimes, can't you see that? I'm just saying."
Moz: "I see the slate gray of the sky, and the trees. Why look at the guttersnipes when you can stare at the stars?"
Guest 1: "Okaaaaayyyy. Surely it must be time for me to sing my song now? I do have a record to promote".
Moz: "Really? Are you sure? I had one too but now it's gone. It was my best ever, until the next one."
Guest 1: "Yah I heard. And all because they wouldn't make a video for Istanbul. Don't you know nobody watches videos any more? They're too busy watching Harry Hill."
Moz: "Stop staring at me! I am not an animal. I am a HUMA...SEX.....UAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL". (puts potato sack over his head and storms off the stage).

ANNOUNCER: "TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOLKS (IF THERE IS A NEXT WEEK), WHEN, DUE TO A LACK OF GUESTS, MORRISSEY WILL INTERVIEW HIMSELF AND PERFORM (SORRY I MEAN SING) A SMITHS CLASSIC* THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING TOO LONG FOR: GOLDEN LIGHTS. ALSO MRS. SHUFFLEWICK WILL BE DUG UP FOR A ONE NIGHT ONLY READING OF AUTOBIOGRAPHY."

* where classic means a crap cover version of a crap song.

Last edited:
I assume you are joking. If Moz helmed a talkshow it would be cancelled after the pilot episode. No guest would be good enough for him and he probably wouldn't turn up unless asked to leave the dressing room 49 times. His answer to every statement made by the guest would be "really? do you think so?", as he fluffs up his quiff and grimaces at the wrong camera. I can imagine the conversation:

Guest 1: "It's so great to be on your show, Morrissey. Especially as this is your first ever talkshow."
Moz: "Ammm no, you're wrong. You're wrong. But you're not northern so you could never understand."
Guest 1: "Understand what? This IS your first talkshow."
Moz: "Boz? How long has it been since I did my last talkshow?" (unintelligible garble from stage right where Boz has been busy snarfing all the free donuts)
Moz: "Yes, so you see I'm right and you're wrong."
Guest 1: "Moz, don't take this the wrong way but you are a freak sometimes, can't you see that? I'm just saying."
Moz: "I see the slate gray of the sky, and the trees. Why look at the guttersnipes when you can stare at the stars?"
Guest 1: "Okaaaaayyyy. Surely it must be time for me to sing my song now? I do have a record to promote".
Moz: "Really? Are you sure? I had one too but now it's gone. It was my best ever, until the next one."
Guest 1: "Yah I heard. And all because they wouldn't make a video for Istanbul. Don't you know nobody watches videos any more? They're too busy watching Harry Hill."
Moz: "Stop staring at me! I am not an animal. I am a HUMA...SEX.....UAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL". (puts potato sack over his head and storms off the stage).

ANNOUNCER: "TUNE IN NEXT WEEK FOLKS (IF THERE IS A NEXT WEEK), WHEN, DUE TO A LACK OF GUESTS, MORRISSEY WILL INTERVIEW HIMSELF AND PERFORM (SORRY I MEAN SING) A SMITHS CLASSIC* THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING TOO LONG FOR: GOLDEN LIGHTS. ALSO MRS. SHUFFLEWICK WILL BE DUG UP FOR A ONE NIGHT ONLY READING OF AUTOBIOGRAPHY."

* where classic means a crap cover version of a crap song.

Hahahaha! Brilliant. Thank you for this - I needed the laugh.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom