Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guilty until proven innocent. Unless you’re part of a rape mob and follow a 9th century rapist named Mohammed. The phony virtue signaling lefties will then shower you with compassion and empathy. Build walls not barriers.

Nice of you to check in, Moz.

Oh yeah, the Daily Mail. A credible source if ever there was one. And the Telegraph too. Tory shitrag. Plus the Gatestone Institute is a xenophobic right wing think tank. So you post three right wing piles of shit as 'evidence'. Well done.

This man
Bill Poster_ excellent post.
Do you not find it unfortunate that Moz appears to attract so many of those on the right?

All fake news by DER SPARGEL!

"Unless you see the words form in my mouth,
unless you hear the words come out of my mouth,
if you don't see that I didn't say it!"

24068630_10155904923700967_673837918181209393_o.jpg

24068630_10155904923700967_673837918181209393_o.jpg

What bollocks. Either he stands by his wacko views or he doesn't. Presumably he'll be suing Der Spiegel to the full extent of the law. Which he won't, because he said those things, and is now trying to pretend he didn't.

At this point it would be a better look if he just owned his wacko views instead of giving us his “I was misquoted" shtick when it all backfires on him.

He totally wants it both ways, wants to stir up controversy but can’t deal with the consequences.

What bollocks. Either he stands by his wacko views or he doesn't.

- says the twat who hates Morrissey, yet spends every waking hour modding a Morrissey fan site. Oh, the irony of Skinny accusing anyone else of talking bollocks or holding wacko views! Surely nothing is more wacko than devoting so much time and energy to pursuing an unwinnable online vendetta against a pop star.

- says the twat who hates Morrissey, yet spends every waking hour modding a Morrissey fan site. Oh, the irony of Skinny accusing anyone else of talking bollocks or holding wacko views! Surely nothing is more wacko than devoting so much time and energy to pursuing an unwinnable online vendetta against a pop star.
Play the ball, not the man, turd-twister.

Shouldn't this be "Unless you see the words form in my mouth or my nephew posts them on Facebook"? Otherwise we're in a bit of a logical bind, not knowing whether we are allowed to accept the statement or not.

Bill Poster_ excellent post.
Do you not find it unfortunate that Moz appears to attract so many of those on the right?

I'm just finding the man himself unfortunate these days. He used to have a clue, and I used to love him and his work. He's a right wing crotchety old fool now. "Get those mainland Europeans off my lawn!"

Is that a genuine quote? He'll get it in the neck from many people if that is accurate.
Stockholm is Europe's capital of rape, since it is the capital of a country ranking 2nd in the world crime statistics re. rape, after South Africa. Guess why?

Very sad to see your ex-idol to be in this position. I'm unable to find any logic in his world view or positions. He just have a bunch of quite random opinions, which seem not very well-informed.

What? England and Wales are the 'rape capital' of Europe? Say it aint so...

http://www.euronews.com/2017/11/24/which-eu-countries-have-the-highest-rate-of-sex-crimes-

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/pr...23-1?inheritRedirect=true&redirect=/eurostat/

Meanwhile the US has higher figures than Germany. More than one in four women has been abused on public transport in Washington DC. Maybe we should be concerned about men from there? http://www.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/ending-violence-against-women/facts-and-figures

Sweden has higher than both but their stipulation as to what constitutes rape is far more strenuous than ours.

And some general insight which I found interesting https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/09/130914-rape-asia-pacific-un-men-violence-women/

What? England and Wales are the 'rape capital' of Europe? Say it aint so...

http://www.euronews.com/2017/11/24/which-eu-countries-have-the-highest-rate-of-sex-crimes-

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/products-eurostat-news/-/EDN-20171123-1?inheritRedirect=true&redirect=/eurostat/

Meanwhile the US has higher figures than Germany. More than one in four women has been abused on public transport in Washington DC. Maybe we should be concerned about men from there? http://www.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do/ending-violence-against-women/facts-and-figures

Sweden has higher than both but their stipulation as to what constitutes rape is far more strenuous than ours.

And some general insight which I found interesting https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/09/130914-rape-asia-pacific-un-men-violence-women/

Remember about these statistics that they are really not a record of all the crimes that happen. There are the crimes that happen, the crimes in which the police are contacted, and then the crimes which the police actually take reports on. Police sometimes try to dissuade victims from reporting crimes or don't take the crimes seriously. Many women are afraid to report crimes of sexual assault and hesitate to report sexual harassment.
The figure for Washington DC is for sexual harassment on public transport. This isn't the same thing as rape but I'm not minimizing it., just trying to be clear. That figure comes from a survey so it's not comparable to crime statistics. Many of these were not reported as crimes. So it's not saying one out of four women in Washington DC reported to the police that they were sexually assaulted on the bus. It's not in any way comparable.
The higher rates for England and Wales in that first link may partially reflect that women in England and Wales are more likely to report crimes of sexual assault than women in Serbia or Greece. Whatever the case the statistics are pretty useless in comparing different countries. The only way they would be meaningful is for a trusted organization within each country to compare statistics over time and see if the rate in England, for example, is rising or falling.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom