Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly is Kevin Spacey responsible for? Carrying a 14 year old upstairs to his bed and then NOT actually doing anything sexual with him? I fail to see the point here...or maybe I'm just too old to empathize with the super liberal Twitter Court.
The then 14yr old tells it differently. Now there's 20 allegations at the Old Vic...
Let me guess... Jimmy Saville was just the victim of manipulative children (all several hundred of them - including dead ones).
The issue, as you knew, wasn't Spacey - it was quite clearly Morrissey appearing to support the notion that child victims of abuse are just disgruntled complainers due to 'disappointment'. Children don't have adult sexual expectations to not be met by hapless adults. His behaviour is predatory and, of course, he'd obviously 'seek help' if he was innocent?
Paedophiles thrive when people assist them by attributing adult insight and behaviour to children - it helps them avoid responsibility.
Anyway,
Done here.
FWD.

The then 14yr old tells it differently. Now there's 20 allegations at the Old Vic...
Let me guess... Jimmy Saville was just the victim of manipulative children (all several hundred of them - including dead ones).
The issue, as you knew, wasn't Spacey - it was quite clearly Morrissey appearing to support the notion that child victims of abuse are just disgruntled complainers due to 'disappointment'. Children don't have adult sexual expectations to not be met by hapless adults. His behaviour is predatory and, of course, he'd obviously 'seek help' if he was innocent?
Paedophiles thrive when people assist them by attributing adult insight and behaviour to children - it helps them avoid responsibility.
Anyway,
Done here.
FWD.
On the Jimmy Saville era, remember that maturity back then started at an earlier age. I mean, people wouldn't get married at the age they did back then, now.

Maybe something was lost in the English to German back to English translation. Nothing really new here, Moz has grown particularly inarticulate in his old age. Every interview dwells too much on politics and the evil media. What evah happened to soliloquies into loneliness, isolation and unease with this world?

Maybe something was lost in the English to German back to English translation. Nothing really new here, Moz has grown particularly inarticulate in his old age. Every interview dwells too much on politics and the evil media. What evah happened to soliloquies into loneliness, isolation and unease with this world?
With age comes wisdom I guess. Most people change as they get older.

Unease with this world?

If there is one person on the planet who constantly expresses "unease with this world" then it is Morrissey. In fact, if one would do a brainstorming for this very topic his name would come up first.

Well well. It’s getting more ridiculous than I thought. Now defending Kevin Spacey. GOOD LORD :straightface:

Ladies & gentlemen, welcome to Orientalism 101 Lecture. Your new instructor is Mosreal (vegan guy-from Tel Aviv). Just take look at his background. His first love was Iran but then fall in love with Turkey. However -somehow- he got bored and now has an affair with Israel (till he sees Kapparot!). "Holy Israel".

Then what ? Marrying an Egyptian woman ? Living in Morocco (actually it is a nice place to live but none of our business right now) ? All these "mystical" things, using prayer sound in Istanbul song, praising Israel, talking about Arab Spring this is a part of a project. He wants to be seen as an intellectual singer knowing different cultures and fusing them into his songs. BUT they are all nothig but artifical. You are not Leonard Cohen or Bob Dylan with a Jewish background, and you won't be. :squiffy:

Cindy Love.

Don't post any more Nazi language. The pic is creepy enough. What a disgustingly weird looking language. Didn't the Nazi team win the Kickball Cup World Championship? No wonder. I guess weirdness and creepiness go along with kickball.

Anyway,
Done here.
FWD.

Maybe you should actually read the article instead of a summation of it before you go off on a tangent. Morrissey was referring to Harvey Weinstein when he mentioned the "complainers of abuse merely being disappointed". Not children. But you mentioned being tipsy earlier, so I guess you made a drunken mistake...looks like you're not immune to those either.

Regarding Rapp; I've read his statement. He flat out says a visibly drunken Spacey picked him up, placed him on his bed and then hovered over him as a sexual advance until he got up (on his own free will), went to the bathroom and then subsequently left (on his own free will). He didn't rape him. He didn't kiss him. He didn't grope his dick like everyone else and their Daddy is claiming. He didn't keep him from leaving or even try. And you or anybody else has the gall to call that a sexual assault? That's an absolute insult to actual rape victims...you know, those people who don't just get to get up and walk away on their own free will. Remember them?

How many of these people claiming sexual assault have been underage? My count out of the 30 or so (so far) has been 1. Very strange for someone who is such a "predatory pedophile" to spend the next 31 years of their life groping only legal dick to see if he could get laid.

Why would he say he is "getting help"? Same reason he admitted he was gay. He was trying to save his career.

I also don't give a shit about Jimmy Saville. This has nothing to do with Jimmy Saville. When Kevin Spacey is accused of rape, you'll have a point, until then, you just sound like one of those pathetic twats that compare Trump to Hitler just to be dramatic.

View attachment 42902

That polaroid is quite interesting. Morrissey is clearly pissed-off. But I like that because he doesn't give an inch. He could've smiled but didn't. That says a lot.

I would be pissed too. That woman actually asked him if he ever had sex with minors or if he had sex with adults when he was a minor himself.

I wish he would avoid talking if he's just going to upset everyone all the time. That Kevin Spacey part of the interview is very dodgy.

'dodgy' indeed. Can we trust the translation? Though from what is given... I think it is clear he is talking from his point of view and his awareness when he was 14 years of age. I don't read in his answer to the question him taking into account laws of consent. His answer seems to be based on what his awareness at that age was and what he would do if placed in that same situation. (edit: though, to say that Rapp even at his age should have known better is not something I would agree with, if that is what M is actually saying)

but in his answer to the next question he does say.. 'I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone.' And in his answer to the question before the 'Spacey question' he says...'Of course, there are extreme cases, rape is disgusting, every physical attack is repulsive.'

Last edited:
'dodgy' indeed. Can we trust the translation? Though from what is given... I think it is clear he is talking from his point of view and his awareness when he was 14 years of age. I don't read in his answer to the question is him taking into account laws of consent. His answer seems to be based on what his awareness at that age was and what he would do if placed in that same situation.

but in his answer to the next question he does say.. 'I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone.' And in his answer to the question before the 'Spacey question' he says...'Of course, there are extreme cases, rape is disgusting, every physical attack is repulsive.'

We are having a similar situation in our Government here in the UK. A Welsh MP was believed to have killed himself after allegations against him.

Visitors of Wyngarde-solo.com Alarmed to Learn Singer Does Not Hold Exactly Their Views

This evening wyngarde-solo.com has been ablaze with comments from both regulars and anonymous visitors. Many of them are upset that a pop singer does not hold the same views that they do. LeedsLad, a regular, insists that the singer is racist because of a comment the singer did not make, yet was nonetheless published in Netherlands Monthly Entertainment. Others, like Flakefluster, have continued making the same assertions as usual while modifying the contents of an interview published in a language they don't understand to match their beliefs that everyone who doesn't believe that everything is alright could not possibly be fully alright themselves. MaidenAuntFatty, another regular, insists that Wyngarde is attempting to implant programs designed by the NSA into their prefrontal cortex so that they will, despite loathing Wyngarde, continue to visit the primary website dedicated to the singer while eating pork rinds.

Updates as they unfold!

Morrissey was thinking of covering this one for LIHS but BMG for some reason advised him not to.

I for one support his statements. And people who complain that his politics are all over the place. Well that’s what happens when someone doesn’t tow a party line and thinks for themselves.

Nothing a child does brings about their abuse - the adult is ALWAYS legally responsible in these situations. It was Spacey's behaviour and choices that lead to his current circumstances. To attribute anything to potential CHILD victims is not good at all. That's only one step above "she was begging for it 'cause of how she was dressed."
Unfortunately, his view is a cognitive distortion and ultimately gives abusers permission to act now and mitigate later.
I really hope this genuinely isn't his view.
I'm sure we can all have varying views on race, religion et al, but I would hope one common view here would be that adults that see children as viable sexual targets are totally culpable and that no victim is responsible for their abuse.
Apologies - bit tipsy.
Regards,
FWD.

totally agree.

Last edited:
Morrissey was thinking of covering this one for LIHS but BMG for some reason advised him not to.

They compromised with 'When You Open Your Legs'?

flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom