Morrissey interview in The Sunday Times Magazine 26th Nov. 2017

*Full interview now in thread*

41536_sundaytimes_20171126.jpg

Talking about Hollywood scandals - should be fun :)
He's interviewed by the person recently pictured with him:

Regards,
FWD.
(Well predicted Brummie).
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine...s-kevin-spacey-and-harvey-weinstein-07bj7f87q

UPDATE Nov. 27:

Posted by an anonymous person:

A slightly different version of the interview

Morrissey (Sunday Times Magazine, Nov. 26, 2017) - Chrissy Iley

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the paper this morning and the reason I bought it was Moz on the cover of the magazine insert. I was disappointed that there were no new photos. On a positive note the paper comes with a tv guide for the week :D

Thank God I didn't send him that case of red wine last Christmas. He would've probably send it back with a bomb.

He made a few points I don’t agree with but he did so a lot more reasonably than he did in the Speigel interview. If I’d read this one first, I might have been persuaded to make allowances and buy the album.

That said, I hate these sort of weekend supplement interviews. They always end up as being more about the journalist than the subject. The self-regard of this Iley woman is enough to make Grace Dent look like Kurt Cobain.

Loved Boy George's description of a previous meeting. The kind of experience to stay with you and probably make you smile on a less than interesting day when your mind wonders....

o_O Well, this part was quite embarrassing.

Is it still true, I ask, that he doesn’t identify as heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual but, as he puts it, “humoursexual”? “No, humasexual as in we’re all humans.” Oh, I thought it was only about sleeping with people that you had a laugh with. “That would dramatically limit things."

So the Kevin Spacey comments worked out so well for him that he thought he'd try it again. "Where were the parents?"

Where is his press agent? Of all the things to take on as a cause this is about the worst. He's an idiot.

You also must keep in proportion the circumstances leading to murder when a partner tries to leave a relationship, when it's really just another pathetic attempt at courtship. You must be careful to consider all possible excuses.

This abstract way of looking at offences causing distress and damage to real people, leaning on the side of perpetrators, echoes his QC full of false humility or one of those lonely High Court judges, from the not too distant past. It's as if Morrissey doesn't care about those attacked, and as if he believes his readers won't care what he says either, however indolent. Maybe his antennae are broken or worn out?

This is not good. Is he trying to be cool and impress sexual predators? Was he a victim of one? Do i care? That whole thing about “where were the parents” omg.

He’s definitely not the safety haven i held him as in the 90s. This is some dark stuff.

STRANGELY, THE BEST PARAGRAPH IN THIS INTERVIEW IS:

Some of his views must jangle with his new generation of younger fans. He has said that he thought Brexit was magnificent, and the new single Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s Up on the Stage ends with a haunting chorus of “exit exit”, which some people have translated as “Brexit Brexit”. He denies it. “No, it’s not a Brexit song. There’s no Brexit in it,” he insists. “The line is, ‘All the audience head for the exit when she’s on stage’, so it’s nothing to do with Brexit. People just rush to stupid conclusions and create facts and create their own truths and slaughter the issue.”

COME HITHER "MR BREXIT" et. al. - WHERE ARE YOU NOW, YOU FOOLS ?

Yours,
Nancy Sinatra
x

I read this and I look for the man I used to love. The article ends and I wonder what happened to that kind and gentle man. This man is a narcissistic bore.
You are a f***ing bore of the highest order.

All in all I thought that was probably the best Morrissey interview for a very long time. The difference of being interviewed by an interviewer is clearly the difference. Better than answering questions by email. It was nice to see quite a spark of the old Moz there in regards to his plain diet and the wit around Russell Brand. Interesting to see that he did acknowledge his relationship with Jake. No mention that he currently is in one with Damon. So perhaps Damon is just the PA. I'm sure I've seen red wine in a rider before.

Clearly its obvious not to invite Morrissey around for a curry and a glass of red wine.

Did Dot Cotton ever have another son turn up in Eastenders? Surely such a big storyline would have warranted a recast. They wouldn't have changed weeks worth of scripts because Morrissey didn't want to play the part.

o_O Well, this part was quite embarrassing.

Is it still true, I ask, that he doesn’t identify as heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual but, as he puts it, “humoursexual”? “No, humasexual as in we’re all humans.” Oh, I thought it was only about sleeping with people that you had a laugh with. “That would dramatically limit things."

What exactly is embarrassing about it?
I thought it was just a joke.
Maybe I don’t understand cause I am not English and it is just impossible to understand.

But I would like to understand more of the things that are considered “not done” in general in the English society.

There is a strange paradox between the unwritten rules of things considered “not done” and being embarrassing and the great sense of comedy and selfmocking humour that is so appreciated by me.
I don’t get it all but it keeps on fascinating me. :thumb:

What exactly is embarrassing about it?
I thought it was just a joke.
Maybe I don’t understand cause I am not English and it is just impossible to understand.

But I would like to understand more of the things that are considered “not done” in general in the English society.

There is a strange paradox between the unwritten rules of things considered “not done” and being embarrassing and the great sense of comedy and selfmocking humour that is so appreciated by me.
I don’t get it all but it keeps on fascinating me. :thumb:

It didn't come across as a joke to me. Maybe it was, but if not then it was embarrassing for her to get that word wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom