Morrissey interview in The Sunday Times Magazine 26th Nov. 2017

*Full interview now in thread*

41536_sundaytimes_20171126.jpg

Talking about Hollywood scandals - should be fun :)
He's interviewed by the person recently pictured with him:

Regards,
FWD.
(Well predicted Brummie).
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine...s-kevin-spacey-and-harvey-weinstein-07bj7f87q

UPDATE Nov. 27:

Posted by an anonymous person:

A slightly different version of the interview

Morrissey (Sunday Times Magazine, Nov. 26, 2017) - Chrissy Iley

Last edited by a moderator:
The Weinstein comment in the original is 173 degres less than inflammatory. No wonder the subs wanted to (ahem) sex it up

The Weinstein comment in the original is 173 degres less than inflammatory. No wonder the subs wanted to (ahem) sex it up

Yup, I think they've been a bit naughty and made it look like he is backing up the (now slightly disputed) Spiegel comments. I think it has even been reported this way in a number of places.

"But when Morrissey was announcing his homosexuality he was very lonely. "

It's strange when you make a perfectly rational statement and someone like Brummie rates you as a troll. Seems to say more about them really...

Morrissey, he’s the spirit of Camus and Sartre in one same spirit : revolted and revolutionary. He is a man fully useful for everyone, those who like him and those who do not like him, those who agree and those who disagree, media, fans, non-fans and others celebrities. After all the reactions, who can say no ?

Morrissey, he’s the spirit of Camus and Sartre in one same spirit : revolted and revolutionary. He is a man fully useful for everyone, those who like him and those who do not like him, those who agree and those who disagree, media, fans, non-fans and others celebrities. After all the reactions, who can say no ?
Wow Natalie, interesting post. I must be honest and say that I only think I know what you mean.
Are you saying that Moz fulfills a need for everyone whether they love or loathe him?
Couldn't get the existentialist bit but what would I know?

Wow Natalie, interesting post. I must be honest and say that I only think I know what you mean.
Are you saying that Moz fulfills a need for everyone whether they love or loathe him?
Couldn't get the existentialist bit but what would I know?

Hi Peter.

Yes. Existentialism. In the name of this principle, we are pushed to militantism (for or against by arguing, struggle by ideas), or to revolt (to refuse, to be indignant of the situation and also human/animal condition itself), or to make the revolution.

Briefly :

On some subjects, we assert by ourselves (a “natural” ideology) and on other ones, we need a revelation and/or a lifeblood (= driving force? guide?).
Veganism represents a great revolution (I mean as a movement of the society to change ideas and ways of life)

With the statements about news which generate the opening of several threads, thoughts, positions, sharing of information on all the subjects of existence are encouraged in more extensive debates because of the great number of fans, and sometimes even beyond of the initial subject approached by M. Morrissey and people disputes or approves. Exchange ideas, to be revolted or not, positioning “for” or “against”, this means to exist.

Hi Peter.

Yes. Existentialism. In the name of this principle, we are pushed to militantism (for or against by arguing, struggle by ideas), or to revolt (to refuse, to be indignant of the situation and also human/animal condition itself), or to make the revolution.

Briefly :

On some subjects, we assert by ourselves (a “natural” ideology) and on other ones, we need a revelation and/or a lifeblood (= driving force? guide?).
Veganism represents a great revolution (I mean as a movement of the society to change ideas and ways of life)

With the statements about news which generate the opening of several threads, thoughts, positions, sharing of information on all the subjects of existence are encouraged in more extensive debates because of the great number of fans, and sometimes even beyond of the initial subject approached by M. Morrissey and people disputes or approves. Exchange ideas, to be revolted or not, positioning “for” or “against”, this means to exist.
Nathalie, thank you for taking the time to respond at such length and erudition. I take on board your point particularly the example of veganism as vehicle of change.
However I would question the role of Moz.
The interesting discussions had here reflects more I think the wit and intelligence of Solo 'ers rather than the man himself. I find no imagination, insight or intelligence in any of his pronouncements.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom