Morrissey interview in The Sunday Times Magazine 26th Nov. 2017

*Full interview now in thread*

41536_sundaytimes_20171126.jpg

Talking about Hollywood scandals - should be fun :)
He's interviewed by the person recently pictured with him:

Regards,
FWD.
(Well predicted Brummie).
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine...s-kevin-spacey-and-harvey-weinstein-07bj7f87q

UPDATE Nov. 27:

Posted by an anonymous person:

A slightly different version of the interview

Morrissey (Sunday Times Magazine, Nov. 26, 2017) - Chrissy Iley

Last edited by a moderator:
No interviewer asks him about England Is Mine :moviecamera:
Is the movie really that irrelevant?

Do you like animals?

I care about people of all faiths, races, gender, etc.

I don't think anyone voted Brexit because of animal welfare, because it wasn't one of the issues. If animal welfare in Britain improves as result of Brexit, and I seriously doubt it will, it will be a lucky coincidence, rather than through the 'enlightened conscience' of the Brexit voter.

I care about people of all faiths, races, gender, etc.

I don't think anyone voted Brexit because of animal welfare, because it wasn't one of the issues. If animal welfare in Britain improves as result of Brexit, and I seriously doubt it will, it will be a lucky coincidence, rather than through the 'enlightened conscience' of the Brexit voter.

Making our own laws was a main issue - so yes, animal welfare. I don't want to link arms with people that condone - 'bullfighting, veal farming, foie gras ‘production’, live exports for slaughter and cruel fur product imports'.

Are you aware of 'pulse fishing'? It is a Dutch invention and they have been doing it in British waters.

Making our own laws was a main issue - so yes, animal welfare. I don't want to link arms with people that condone - 'bullfighting, veal farming, foie gras ‘production’, live exports for slaughter and cruel fur product imports'.

Are you aware of 'pulse fishing'? It is a Dutch invention and they have been doing it in British waters.

Do you live in a world of fantasy?

But we've just voted in a way to make it easier to make fox hunting legal again. My issue with the EU was they always gave a buffer between us and the hateful Tories. Or in this case, animals and the hateful Tories. I guess my point is, our actions make taking the moral high ground over say Spain very difficult.

Also fair to notice there were no rebuttals in print of the German article, just affirmation, despite him attempting to distance himself in last night's gig.

But we've just voted in a way to make it easier to make fox hunting legal again. My issue with the EU was they always gave a buffer between us and the hateful Tories. Or in this case, animals and the hateful Tories. I guess my point is, our actions make taking the moral high ground over say Spain very difficult.

Don't forget that, apart from fox-hunting, this Tory govt. wants to make the ivory trade legal again.

Fox hunting will NEVER pass. And don't go thinking all of the Conservative party hate animals (or their voters for that matter) The tweet I posted before from Henry Smith, he is a vegetarian and a Tory.

Surely - 'The EU protocol on animals being sentient beings allows bullfighting, veal farming, foie gras ‘production’, live exports for slaughter and cruel fur product imports.' shows you that they are nothing but a smoke screen?

Don't forget that, apart from fox-hunting, this Tory govt. wants to make the ivory trade legal again.
Did you not listen to what TM said on Wednesday???

Chrissy Iley made this interview a bit confusing because she must have interviewed him around the 11th to the 15th of November, because he was in Arizona by the 16th, but she adds quotes by him in the printed interview that he said in another one (spiegel) that wasn't released until the 17th. After reading this, I feel as if Moz may have been lost in translation in the German interview because his comments here are a bit more reasonable, especially with him adding that he has never been sexually assaulted. Just yesterday he also said to ignore printed interview, so who knows the truth.....

Fox hunting will NEVER pass. And don't go thinking all of the Conservative party hate animals (or their voters for that matter) The tweet I posted before from Henry Smith, he is a vegetarian and a Tory.

Surely - 'The EU protocol on animals being sentient beings allows bullfighting, veal farming, foie gras ‘production’, live exports for slaughter and cruel fur product imports.' shows you that they are nothing but a smoke screen?

I don't for one minute think that they do all hate animals but they do vote as a block and that's what will bring back fox hunting. I wrote to my MP, Kenneth Clarke, about it and he just said that while he doesn't agree with it he'd vote for it anyway along party lines.

I don't for one minute think that they do all hate animals but they do vote as a block and that's what will bring back fox hunting. I wrote to my MP, Kenneth Clarke, about it and he just said that while he doesn't agree with it he'd vote for it anyway along party lines.
There will NOT be a vote on it any time soon. And given public dislike of the Conservatives at present coupled with the election result, I very much doubt they will attempt to even try and raise this again.

There will NOT be a vote on it any time soon. And given public dislike of the Conservatives at present coupled with the election result, I very much doubt they will attempt to even try and raise this again.

Sorry but I just don't share your belief that the Tories give a shit what the population thinks. The likelihood is that the latest vote will be used to throw out any prosecutions over fox hunting, not that one of those will ever arise.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom