Morrissey "Intermission Music" 1991-2009 Various Artists Compilation (Updated 26 March '19)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
The following is a collection of various artist's music used at gigs from the years: '91 - '09.
Now with static links - peruse the tracks at your leisure and download what you want or have the whole thing as a zip.
This may well be something I carry forward myself in to more recent gigs - time permitting.

Mikael was the person who put the effort in to collecting all these tracks together back in 2008.
I don't know if they still visit here or to what extent other people helped with files / information, but to all involved: it was very much appreciated and warm thanks for putting the effort in.

My own contribution to this was to go through every file and get rid of m4a files, source higher bit rate files and a few digital upgrades (like EDILS by The Pretenders is now the remastered version from Pirate Radio), go through every tag, rename / reorder, remove extended tags that were redundant and then give every file a unified art file.
I make no claims to be an artist, but have cobbled together some images to make a cohesive collection.
Using Cheltenham font - oh the 'feels'.

Again, all credit and thanks to all who collated these in the first place.

Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD.

jb 1991.jpg
1991 index.png

https://mega.nz/#F!lsESHKbA!84NHpUAb8ukY1goTTekz8A

mm 1995.jpg
1995 index.png

https://mega.nz/#F!t41iHaxA!D9IojsIFZurcAHZaP_IDPw

folder.jpg

1997 index.png

https://mega.nz/#F!c5kxESrK!9lk6A0YoaWPi_C0YvLSMVg

WA1173388 99 00.jpg
99-00 index.png

https://mega.nz/#F!xp80QAbb!ZP4Tkg_dp-K_hiaoSAm4DQ

js1564622 2002.jpg
2002 index.png

https://mega.nz/#F!I8twAQRI!z2YpiqT4JAeOzWXthcVgEQ

Great stuff! Thank you! Compilations like these are the main reason that I still bother coming to this site for. Everything else going on within is an uneccessary distraction, to be honest. :thumb:

Fab collection, well done all involved. I remember buying a tape of the 1991 intermission music from Chris Adams back in the day some of the songs were unidentified then, spent a fortune on tapes and videos from him. I think i still remember the address, guissens court, welwyn Garden city or there abouts

Updated: 10 Feb, 2019.

Changed 1997 VP text colour as it looked awful.
Added the last 64 tracks - now live.
Note: there a few songs that are repeated over the years.

Regards,
FWD.

I saw Right Said Fred at number 30 under 1991 and did a double take. Although, I'm Too Sexy would be a kitsch intermission addition.

Changed 1997 VP text colour as it looked awful.
Added the last 64 tracks - now live.
Note: there a few songs that are repeated over the years.

Fantastic upload, thanks very much for this huge bucket of pic'n'mix! ;-)

Updated: 26 March, 2019.

(see above for the link in the second post - Jobriath picture).

I will do my best to continue from where Mikael left off - only 10 year's worth left!

Submitted for your approval: a collection of music used during 2009.
This saw 2 tours with several legs: The Tour of Refusal & The Swords Tour.
The songs/videos used were chopped and changed around throughout the year, but this represents the bulk of them.
A couple weren't sourced as it would have meant YouTube conversions and I'm not too in to that idea.
(Namely: Millie Small's My Boy Lollipop from Finnish TV & The NY Doll's Looking For A Kiss live @ Musik Laden).
All the tracks used were sourced by myself and nothing was 'converted' from YouTube.
I was just starting to pull together tracks for 2011, but they are mostly the same as 2009 - may go to 2012 next.
Feedback always welcome.
Enjoy,
Regards,
FWD

This is truly an amazing collection. Thank you.

As someone who has strived to find the intermission music, I’ll certainly be downloading these whole collections!

Just a thought re: your above post, FWD: if the song does appear on the pre-show list as a live version or television performance, could you include a studio version of said track? I’m pretty sure archivists would rather have the original iteration of that track rather than for it not to be included.

Whatever you decide, thanks again for your hard work!!

IMO the artwork on these unofficial releases beats the official cover art of late hands down. (Whatever "hands down" means.)

This is truly an amazing collection. Thank you.

As someone who has strived to find the intermission music, I’ll certainly be downloading these whole collections!

Just a thought re: your above post, FWD: if the song does appear on the pre-show list as a live version or television performance, could you include a studio version of said track? I’m pretty sure archivists would rather have the original iteration of that track rather than for it not to be included.

Whatever you decide, thanks again for your hard work!!
I will take that on board.
Luckily, there's not many to find original versions for. Basically, the idea was to use the version played at gigs, but it isn't too difficult. Perhaps some of the older tracks might give me a migraine, but having sourced or upgraded a lot of tracks - not impossible.
Regards,
FWD.

Just downloaded all of the ZIPs and getting the below error on all but one (1997) and of course no files. Doing this on a Mac, has anyone else experienced this?

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.39.55 AM.png

Just downloaded all of the ZIPs and getting the below error on all but one (1997) and of course no files. Doing this on a Mac, has anyone else experienced this?

View attachment 68727
95 or 97?
Both appear to be live from this end.
If you need a specific one re-zipped, let me know.
Have little use of Apple, but can't see why it wouldn't work.
(Perhaps it doesn't like zipping all the individual tracks on the fly?).
Regards,
FWD.

95 or 97?
Both appear to be live from this end.
If you need a specific one re-zipped, let me know.
Have little use of Apple, but can't see why it wouldn't work.
(Perhaps it doesn't like zipping all the individual tracks on the fly?).
Regards,
FWD.
97 is only one that unzips for me. NP. I'll try using another program to unzip or on a Win10 PC.

97 is only one that unzips for me. NP. I'll try using another program to unzip or on a Win10 PC.
I should read more slowly.
There isn't anything wrong with the files and there was heavy traffic/downloading when they first appeared - so unsure what's up.
They definitely work on Win 10.
I will recheck on my PC shortly.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom