Morrissey Infographic: Musical Influences & Favourite Artists/Songs/LPs

40270_Morrissey-influences3.jpg

There is a 10% off discount code for Morrissey-solo customers. Please enter the code ANNCOATES at checkout.

Designed and shipped from Manchester, UK.

This poster print released a couple of weeks ago goes deep into the vast and eclectic jukebox of Morrissey favourites. It includes:
  • 80+ artists that influenced or had an impact on Morrissey like Timi Yuro, The Crystals, Jimmy Jones, Klaus Nomi, Ramones and Billy Fury
  • Morrissey's favourite LPs such as Nico's Chelsea Girl and Smoking Popes' Born To Quit
  • Morrissey's favourite singers such as Dawn Upshaw, Al Martino and Melanie Safka
  • 350+ songs that had an impact on Morrissey including:
- Every song covered by The Smiths / Morrissey
- Every song mentioned on Morrissey's Autobiography
- Morrissey's pre-show, stage entrance and post-show songs
- Morrissey's 'Supreme 13 Singles', Desert Island Discs, 'Singles To Be Cremated With', 'Under The Influence' and more

Some of the names included in this print: New York Dolls, Sparks, Nico, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Sam Cooke, T.Rex, The Marvelettes, Elvis Presley, Shirley Bassey, Bobby Hatfield, The Cramps, Love Affair, Jackie Wilson, The Foundations, Vince Taylor, Sacha Distel, X-Ray Spex, Crass, Brigitte Bardot, Magazine, Joni Mitchell, The Velvet Underground, Patti Smith, Maria Callas, The Fall, Brian Eno and Ludus just to name a few.

From rock ‘n’ roll and punk to folk and country, and from pop and glam rock to R&B and beyond. The result is a fascinating visual journey across music culture and the Morrissey universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
would look good framed.shows Morrissey has a wide and varied taste in music.least someone has put a bit of time and effort into designing this.

Yes, this is nice! Morrissey has really interesting and idiosyncratic taste in music. His discussion of the music that he is passionate about is one of the many great elements of the autobiography. I have discovered a lot of music that I really love by checking out some of these artists that Moz has mentioned over the years. Good stuff!

Yes, this is nice! Morrissey has really interesting and idiosyncratic taste in music. His discussion of the music that he is passionate about is one of the many great elements of the autobiography. I have discovered a lot of music that I really love by checking out some of these artists that Moz has mentioned over the years. Good stuff

Ignore the last anonymous post beginning "Yes, this is nice!". I didn't know I wasn't logged in when I posted it. I reposted it when I was logged in!

Where are the Walker Brothers?
Tomita?
I am not going to look further for any omissions and it does seem to me a very interesting book.

One thing else, i like it when his preferences and taste are to some extend more or less a bit secret and suddenly revealed in his pre-video shows or by a quip to someone mentioning it.
As if he more or less was trapped unguarded and he could not hide is enthusiasm.

I don't want to know "all" about his musical influences and tastes cause then there is nothing more to tell, to be surprised and to find out about.

There is a chance now in these interwebs dominating times our Moz will be investigated so thoroughly and registered so deeply until the last minuscule detail, he can't escape any more.
I thinks as an artist and a person you need to escape sometimes.

Don't tell me he brought it on to himself cause how would he have known it would happen like this? Nobody could.

Where are the Walker Brothers?
Tomita?
I am not going to look further for any omissions and it does seem to me a very interesting book.

One thing else, i like it when his preferences and taste are to some extend more or less a bit secret and suddenly revealed in his pre-video shows or by a quip to someone mentioning it.
As if he more or less was trapped unguarded and he could not hide is enthusiasm.

I don't want to know "all" about his musical influences and tastes cause then there is nothing more to tell, to be surprised and to find out about.

There is a chance now in these interwebs dominating times our Moz will be investigated so thoroughly and registered so deeply until the last minuscule detail, he can't escape any more.
I thinks as an artist and a person you need to escape sometimes.

Don't tell me he brought it on to himself cause how would he have known it would happen like this? Nobody could.

Tomita? yes. is it not there? I didn't look. Don't think he ever mentioned or gave a clue to liking Scott or his... 'Brothers'.

'more or less a bit secret'

Noooooooooooooo ! I want 'Under the Influence' vol. two ! vol 3 ! vol..... 400 ! :lbf: I can never get enough of those sweet ingredients that make up the wonderful ear and eye dessert that is MOZ! cake for the heart and soul ! eat up ! :D

Tomita? yes. is it not there? I didn't look. Don't think he ever mentioned or gave a clue to liking Scott or his... 'Brothers'.

'more or less a bit secret'

Noooooooooooooo ! I want 'Under the Influence' vol. two ! vol 3 ! vol..... 400 ! :lbf: I can never get enough of those sweet ingredients that make up the wonderful ear and eye dessert that is MOZ! cake for the heart and soul ! eat up ! :D

I know, I feel the same but when you've completely eaten it all, then there is nothing anymore for us all to consume.
I think Moz knows it and doesn't give it all at once.
There still always has to be something to wish and to long for!
So he is not overdosing it. For his own good and for his fans.
;)

I know, I feel the same but when you've completely eaten it all, then there is nothing anymore for us all to consume.
I think Moz knows it and doesn't give it all at once.
There still always has to be something to wish and to long for!
So he is not overdosing it. For his own good and for his fans.
;)

' then there is nothing anymore for us all to consume'

Sorry, I was only thinking about me. :oops: Didn't think I'd have to share with the rest of you. :D

' then there is nothing anymore for us all to consume'

Sorry, I was only thinking about me. :oops: Didn't think I'd have to share with the rest of you. :D

I hate you for that! :ha-no:
I want my piece of Moz-cake too!! :yum:

Why do people buy a painting when they've seen it? Why buy a song when you've heard it?
Hey I think this could be a song. If I make Top of the Pops I'll give you 3%.

To see it again.
To hear it again.
But to reread pure information you already have seen and registered won't tell you any new thing.
The painting might still be attractive and there would be details to discover you didn't notice yet.
Same with the music.
I'd say there is a magical side to it that isn't there in the pure information but I do value the work as such.
Cheers Calamine !

for a conversation piece ?

among whom? please,don't ask me.

'There is a 10% off discount code for Morrissey-solo customers. Please enter the code ANNCOATES at checkout.'

WHAT?! 10% ?! I never agreed to just 10 % !!!!! ;)

'There is a 10% off discount code for Morrissey-solo customers. Please enter the code ANNCOATES at checkout.'

WHAT?! 10% ?! I never agreed to just 10 % !!!!! ;)

But you did and then claimed you didn't know and understand and it was all too complicated for you!
But maybe you have a right to a 25% off discount.
There must be a lawyer who'd convince you of that!
And not that difficult to find?
Rethinking now, don't do it KS, it will bring you tears!

But you did and then claimed you didn't know and understand and it was all too complicated for you!
But maybe you have a right to a 25% off discount.
There must be a lawyer who'd convince you of that!
And not that difficult to find?
Rethinking now, don't do it KS, it will bring you tears!

All that I understand is that I should get Ann's coat at check out.

All that I understand is that I should get Ann's coat at check out.

They are so nice and it would probably been seen as ungrateful but I would ask about the size of Ann's coat and trying it on before accepting it cause if you disliked it or it wouldn't fit you, or both, what are you supposed to do with it? :confused:

Listing it on e-bay? The coat Moz originally mentioned, a true Moz-inspired, original, genuine, vintage and highly wanted item?
Come to think of it, go for Ann's coat Ketamine Sun! :D

Last edited:
I want to thank the morrissey-solo customers that have been buying these infographic prints. The response has been wonderful and I can't thank you all enough.

As per the question above re. Tomita, he's featured on the sidebar of the poster that contains many more artists and groups than the ones included in the main section.

Thanks again.

Alejandro
shop.thesenseofdoubt.com

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom