Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
I do not care about statistics when headlines say things like "Texas hospital system is prepping tents to deal with rapid surge in Covid-19 patients"

That is not something that has ever happened in the lifetime of anyone on this board. The numbers don't matter. The story matters. A guy posted on tik tok that his wife who has cancer had to leave the hospital early to free up a bed for a covid patient and the hospital is full of unvaccinated people.

How do you explain hospitals being over capacity, people walking off the job, people begging for vaccines right before intubation and death rates as high as they have ever been and it's only summer?

Most counties have about 10 - 20 intensive care beds per 100,000 population.
Most winters ITU beds get pushed to capacity. It just never really makes the news.

No. When he is an anti-science person who thinks this all is a hoax, it behoves us all to call out this bullshit, because the views he espouses make people die
Says mr Anti-Trans

The Cruel World Festival, which Morrissey is headlining is now requiring proof of full vaccination for all concertgoers! :)

The negative covid-19 test is only acceptable until October 1, 2021 for all Goldenvoice shows. The Cruel World festival is in 2022.

So they’re not accepting that you don’t have Covid/a negative Covid test, as another option in 22?

That's what it looks like. I imagine it is to protect the unvaccinated. I'm all for it.

So if they want to protect the unvaccinated, that would mean that
everyone including the vaccinated will be required to wear masks.

Anyway it would be strange not to accept proof that you don’t have Covid.

Actually, a test of negative should be the only thing that’s mandatory to enter venue or place of performance.

The fully vaccinated still catch, spread and have died due to the virus.

Actually, a test of negative should be the only thing that’s mandatory to enter venue or place of performance.

Yes you're right Ketamine, that's the best approach. Thats my concern tomorrow night, The Ritz is a pretty compact place and even though I'm vaccinated and did a test today, which was clear, I wonder how many will be there who haven't tested themselves.

Sure, masks are cool too. Yes, although fully vaccinated have died, it's overwhelmingly unvaccinated people hospitalized and dying in the United States. Today in the news, Moderna much more effective against Delta variant than Pfizer, if anyone still needs to get vaccinated!

Yes you're right Ketamine, that's the best approach. Thats my concern tomorrow night, The Ritz is a pretty compact place and even though I'm vaccinated and did a test today, which was clear, I wonder how many will be there who haven't tested themselves.

I know it sucks, but I would wear a mask in that situation. And I probably wouldn’t hang out in the building and crowd until the show begins. Though more importantly have a good time. :thumb:

Sure, masks are cool too. Yes, although fully vaccinated have died, it's overwhelmingly unvaccinated people hospitalized and dying in the United States.
Probably because the vaccinated have been rewarded by being allowed not to wear masks.
Today in the news, Moderna much more effective against Delta variant than Pfizer, if anyone still needs to get vaccinated!

A test of negative should be the only requirement. It’s the only thing that truly makes sense.

Vaccinated or not, no one is immune.

How do you explain the most vulnerable in the UK being wilfully and needlessly exposed to the Covid virus, whilst those unlikely to suffer ill effects were denied their right to earn money, and pay their rent?
Me thinks you are changing the subject and did not answer my question. I won't even read it with any serious intention of trying to understand it until you answer mine.

How do you explain hospitals being over capacity, people walking off the job, people begging for vaccines right before intubation and death rates as high as they have ever been and it's only summer? Remember, this is in the context of your 0.3% rate which I dismissed as irrelevant.

Most counties have about 10 - 20 intensive care beds per 100,000 population.
Most winters ITU beds get pushed to capacity. It just never really makes the news.

If they were putting up tents for hospital overflow it would make the news.
If they were storing bodies in refrigerated trucks because the morgues were full it would make the news.

PUSHING capacity and going over it repeatedly while workers are exhausted and quitting and car manufacturers went into the ventilator building business are two VERY different things.. all things you would know about if this was happening all over the US due to the flu or anything else.

Here is a video that explains why people don't understand the numbers.

Holy Koolaid - Don't Make This Deadly Mistake

And here is a teaser image of what the video is going to explain about what happens if everyone in the US got vaccinated vs no one.

1628804866776.png

Me thinks you are changing the subject and did not answer my question. I won't even read it with any serious intention of trying to understand it until you answer mine.

How do you explain hospitals being over capacity, people walking off the job, people begging for vaccines right before intubation and death rates as high as they have ever been and it's only summer? Remember, this is in the context of your 0.3% rate which I dismissed as irrelevant.
Decades of under investment is the answer: the NHS has been running at capacity every winter for several years.

Incidentally, hospitals near me are not running close to capacity at the moment.

Can you please advise as to why you think the UK government was introducing Covid patients into care homes, and consequently causing the deaths of thousands of people it, itself, had identified as vulnerable? Whilst simultaneously locking healthy individuals up? The clue is ‘Con-vid.’

Decades of under investment is the answer: the NHS has been running at capacity every winter for several years.

Incidentally, hospitals near me are not running close to capacity at the moment.

Can you please advise as to why you think the UK government was introducing Covid patients into care homes, and consequently causing the deaths of thousands of people it, itself, had identified as vulnerable? Whilst simultaneously locking healthy individuals up? The clue is ‘Con-vid.’
My question was about American hospitals. Why is covid the only thing that has ever pushed them over the edge? And since is has pushed them to that point, why aren't people more concerned?

As far as how to answer your question.. I really have no idea why the UK Govt. did that but I did find This link that does back up what you say fully.

But if it's con-vid.. are you saying it's not real? It's not deadly? It's not actually a problem? I don't get the point of calling it that so I am trying to understand what people are trying to convey when they use the term.

My question was about American hospitals. Why is covid the only thing that has ever pushed them over the edge? And since is has pushed them to that point, why aren't people more concerned?

As far as how to answer your question.. I really have no idea why the UK Govt. did that but I did find This link that does back up what you say fully.

But if it's con-vid.. are you saying it's not real? It's not deadly? It's not actually a problem? I don't get the point of calling it that so I am trying to understand what people are trying to convey when they use the term.

a lot of Americans don’t know anything about how anything works from the post office to taxes to voting. Many don’t know what ICU beds are aside from a one word def they might have just from the title

What Hovis is suggesting is that the most vulnerable were left to die in a cynical effort to drive up the numbers, thereby giving the government a springboard to implement new policies that inevitably violate the civil liberties of all of its citizens.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom