Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
Morrissey is included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

I don't recall specifically about the vaccine, but he has called the pandemic a hoax and 'Con-vid'

Last edited:
Morrissey is included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

or here:

Personally I don't think he has made any but if people assume Morrissey Central conveys Morrissey's views, then it's easy to see why people would come to that conclusion. That's the problem with letting Sam post content.

Scepticism about the lockdown process, and the related threats to liberty (including the duress supporting the vaccination roll-out), remains distinct from an ‘anti-vax’ position.

:rolleyes:

a 'new' member followed immediately by the usual suspects.:lbf:
do the math peeps:hammer:

Unfair, but at the same he kind of had it coming. He really should stop with this rebel nonsense and save his goddamn career. He’s not an idiot and it’s a shame he’s being made out to be one.

Unfair, but at the same he kind of had it coming. He really should stop with this rebel nonsense and save his goddamn career. He’s not an idiot and it’s a shame he’s being made out to be one.
Morrissey—a James Dean fanatic—being told to stop with the rebel nonsense, by a Smiths fan? I give up.

Personally I don't think he has made any but if people assume Morrissey Central conveys Morrissey's views, then it's easy to see why people would come to that conclusion. That's the problem with letting Sam post content.
Hear , hear.

I agree. This is yet another classic example of Sam killing his uncle, with his dumb ass website.

I would say also, LA, which likes to think it's a trendy wendy , likes to follow the UK and M, isn't as popular as he once was there.

Lots of people who "like," him say they would bever want to meet him and only like him as a pop star- which is a big switch from what it used to be like,

Even the "die hard" Morrissey Nite people ( I put it in quote marks, as most of these people dont actually like M or know anything about him, they just use him to be popular ) , have stopped doing M nites (because people stopped going) , they now do Smiths nites instead.

I mention this as in the press and public's mind M is seen as a pop star Trump . So, anything that is seen as anti-science and ultra-right they subscribe to him

He only has himself to blame on this one, his choice of party support. His use of the words like "kung Flu" and "Plandemic" and liking of fringe Youtube stars and his nephews rampage on M Central was always gonna project him this way.

Myself, personally. I do not think he is anti-vaccine as such and expect he has had the jab, I just think, like a lot of us, he just thinks this has all be blown up out of proportion and can see freedoms being taken away .
That my guess.

Morrissey—a James Dean fanatic—being told to stop with the rebel nonsense, by a Smiths fan? I give up.
James Dean was 23, not (pushing) 63. And there are good ways and bad ways to rebel.

Moz got caught up in some nonsense.
Not sure why these folks think somethin'
bad is gonna happen to'em if they get the
vaccine.
Matter of fact, I even got a pretty pony
band-aid for doin' it.

As far as I know, he hasn't made any statement regarding the vaccine. Even though Sam indeed seems like he might be an anti-vaxxer, the topic was not addressed in the interview. Maybe they don't agree on this? My personal guess is that Morrissey is fully vaccinated, but doesn't feel the need to publicly share his vaccination status. The journalist just did not do his research very well, but what's new?

Another thing I did not like about the article is how it implies that Pete Parada is a staunch anti-vaxxer. He released a balanced and well-thought-out statemented on his Twitter, explaining that his doctor advised him against taking the vaccine because of his medical history. There is a big difference between not taking the vaccine yourself for personal reasons and becoming an active member of the anti-vax movement trying to convince others not to take it, like the artist the article is about.

Anyways, as much as I love Morrissey, he does have a penchant for bad, not very well thought out puns. It seems like the word play itself is more important than the meaning it might convey.

Scepticism about the lockdown process, and the related threats to liberty (including the duress supporting the vaccination roll-out), remains distinct from an ‘anti-vax’ position.

Those are all pro-virus positions.

Leaps of logic and associative guilt are part of the binary puritanical recessive decision making process these days I’m sad to say

Sam wouldn't post anything on Central that he knew Morrissey disagreed with. He speaks to his uncle a lot,and knows his views.

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

or here:

I don't recall specifically about the vaccine, but he has called the pandemic a hoax and 'Con-vid'
A hoax with more than 4 million deaths ....
But that joke isn't funny anymore

Moz got caught up in some nonsense.
Not sure why these folks think somethin'
bad is gonna happen to'em if they get the
vaccine.

Matter of fact, I even got a pretty pony
band-aid for doin' it.

I’m totally with Morrissey and ‘against the vaccine’ :rolleyes: ;)

but if we were promised a pretty pony bandaid ? then we’d definitely change our minds too! :rock:

He didn't say it was a hoax. He didn't say Covid wasn't real. The 'con' he referred to was the way in which lockdown has not effected the wealthy and has been disproportionately forced upon poorer people, driving them further into poverty. He then likened poverty to slavery (not Covid or lockdown), and he's not wrong.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom