Morrissey (in the list of names) to be honoured by Manchester's new Walk Of Fame

Manchester's 20 'Walk of Fame' names revealed - Manchester Evening News

4th October 2016
Manchester Evening News
reports that 20 local heroes will receive stars on the walk.

Excerpt:

The 20 names on Manchester’s new ‘Walk of Fame’ have been revealed.

The Star Walk Manchester has been unveiled to mark the launch of a new bar - The Liquor Store - on First Street, off Whitworth Street West.

The owners of the bar held a poll to find 20 Manchester icons - and this is what the vote turned up.

...As well as the Gallaghers and Morrissey, The Stone Roses' Ian Brown, Joy Division frontman Ian Curtis, Bez from Happy Mondays, Simply Red singer Mick Hucknall and Factory Records boss Tony Wilson are among the big music names.

Star Walk Manchester is to be unveiled to mark the launch of a new bar in the city, The Liquor Store, which opens this Saturday (October 8).

UPDATE Oct. 5:

Photo from saint_simon_ / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39184_morrissey_star.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ena Sharples? :)
Dead, but somehow still alive. o_O

Does it has to be a living person?
Why can't it be a fictitious person?

Oh, wait, for you it needs to be a person that can be blazered well enough and the only one who can is your (our!) Moz! :D
Sorry Rifke, you'll have to share him.

Thought about George Best but he is from Ireland, or Northern Ireland, don't know exactly, sorry don't mean to be rude.
For me he is partly a Manc icon as well.
But I guess you are not into football that much!
Cheers Rifke :thumb:
i thought it was clear enough gerrit! there is only one obvious choice! if, say, i were to spy MY moz beautifully befitted in a handsome blazer and george best, in, you know, whatever non-noteworthy garments he favours, walking along the street together ahead of me and then they both walked off in separate directions just WHO do you think i'd be slyly following for the remainder of their walk and patiently waiting for in the bushes until such time as they resumed their outdoor activities? dont tell me you have to think about it. there is only one blazer man/mancunian for me. <3

Jesus, leave me alone.
Just out of curiosity. What would I tell this person (if that was him)? That some Piefke on Morrissey-solo annoys the shit out of me but says you are a dweeb? WTF is wrong with you?
you lack finesse, bro (piefke, what's that even supposed to mean?). here's what you do. you motion jack over with your index finger, and when he comes like a little dog with his big eager to please eyes, you say "hey chum, i just wanted to let you know that even though we're in this together and i got your back when the immigration authourities raid this place i have it on good authourity that you're a bit of a dweeb." and then you go back to picking grapes and lusting over kate middleton until the bell rings to signal your shift is over. simple as.
also, ive already told you i would have to decline your request to leave you alone so stop harassing me about it, already, mmkay.

you lack finesse, bro (piefke, what's that even supposed to mean?). here's what you do. you motion jack over with your index finger, and when he comes like a little dog with his big eager to please eyes, you say "hey chum, i just wanted to let you know that even though we're in this together and i got your back when the immigration authourities raid this place i have it on good authourity that you're a bit of a dweeb." and then you go back to picking grapes and lusting over kate middleton until the bell rings to signal your shift is over. simple as.
also, ive already told you i would have to decline your request to leave you alone so stop harassing me about it, already, mmkay.

Too bad for me the starbucks boy isn't around, otherwise, you would've been pecking at him. You know what "sweetheart"? You are not worth a nanosecond of my life. I know you are desperately trying to win me over, but your attempt for a mating call is failing. YOU are on MY ignore list. I don't know what your motives are, but it's obvious that you like to make yourself feel better and bigger by putting down people you don't even know.

PS: I don't pick grapes for living and don't look down on people who do. In fact, those people have more class and charm then you will ever have.

Too bad for me the starbucks boy isn't around, otherwise, you would've been pecking at him. You know what "sweetheart"? You are not worth a nanosecond of my life. I know you are desperately trying to win me over, but your attempt for a mating call is failing. YOU are on MY ignore list. I don't know what your motives are, but it's obvious that you like to make yourself feel better and bigger by putting down people you don't even know.

PS: I don't pick grapes for living and don't look down on people who do. In fact, those people have more class and charm then you will ever have.
do you ever have opinions that arent tired old cliches easily proven false by anyone with a speck of intellect? ACTUALLY, i dont look down at all on people who pick grapes for a living (god knows, i dont really have room to as my own job isnt exactly ideal). spending all day on a vineyard, not having to deal with people, being able to recite poetry to yourself as you work.....sounds good to me. i would happily pick grapes as an illegal immigrant if it meant getting to live in the country of my choice. the fact that you took it as an insult as opposed to the good natured needling it was meant as, and were quick to disassociate yourself with it, tells me that you look down on it more than you care to admit.

PS: you're an anon, you dont have an ignore list.

This is the real walk of fame. Why do you Brits/Euros have to try and copy everything from the USA and then talk shit about the USA while wearing a Yankee Baseball cap?

It is so nice to see Morrissey when he is home looking like a happy normal person with a belly full of pasta with marinara sauce instead of seeing him with the horrible scowls he has on his face while he has to look over the crowd at a place like Manchester or Boznicheckherzogiskichecserb while you pull on his hands and shirt just for your selfish self gratification because you will never see him again in concert or for another 8 years just to get your money so he can pay his property taxes on the house in Malibu.

corbis-42-67647859.jpg

This is the real walk of fame. Why do you Brits/Euros have to try and copy everything from the USA and then talk shit about the USA while wearing a Yankee Baseball cap?

It is so nice to see Morrissey when he is home looking like a happy normal person with a belly full of pasta with marinara sauce instead of seeing him with the horrible scowls he has on his face while he has to look over the crowd at a place like Manchester or Boznicheckherzogiskichecserb while you pull on his hands and shirt just for your selfish self gratification because you will never see him again in concert or for another 8 years just to get your money so he can pay his property taxes on the house in Malibu.

View attachment 40692

There is a strong possibility that you are a descendant of a Brit/Euro you simple tit.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom