Morrissey Houston in-store from 1992 showcased

Abrahan writes:

The Houston Press has a project where I've mashed up old photos with their current location. Today's installment showcases Morrissey invading Houston on July 29th, 1992.

Its on page 3 with accompanied by news footage from the day.

08_07291992b.jpg

1. 20 years ago: Morrissey at Record Rack July 29th, 1992, Shepherd and Alabama.

Fresh from his record-breaking first solo world-tour, he nearly caused a riot as 500 people were promised to meet the former Smiths frontman in a rare in-store signing and many more showed up. Proof that this was pre-internet: Not a single mention from any of our local newscasters (many who are still on the air) that Morrissey was ever in a band called The Smiths. See video:

Last edited:
What I would give for a time machine. Actually, I have nothing to give that anyone would actually want.

Well as odd as it may be, we love our mozzer here in texas. I love running into random people here who love him.

Last edited:
Morrissey needs to watch this and some of his clips from when he appeared on Hangin' With MTV and some of the other shows--especially when he performs with Boz, Gary, and Spencer.

This shows him at his best--not with half-naked bandmates and one in drag. Oh, how he has lost his mojo and the respect of many fans. The lack of focus on the music (by the ridiculous sideshows) should be so obvious to him, yet he persists.

How sad.

Oh, how he has lost the respect of many fans.

Evidence?

No, I thought not.

This forum is full of threads that feature similarly fatuous sweeping statements. I think you'd only find a dozen (at most haters) here on So Low who wouldn't laugh at such an asinine comment, yet still you persist in the delusion that you speak for the masses. How sad.

Super cool photos and video. :cool: Thanks for the trip back in time.

Well as odd as it may be, we love our mozzer here in texas. I love running into random people here who love him.

Well said, VivaGill. :thumb: Although, I run into far too few people who even have heard of him here in Big D. :straightface:

If only you had registered your 'video edit magic trial version' back in the day. Oh well lets hope hes still looking that young in Edinburgh on monday...

Good Grief! I remember reading about the record signings and seeing him on 120 minutes. I still have the VHS labeled "MORRISSEY '92". It has the record signing he did in Grand Rapids (I THINK it was Grand Rapids), various videos, the Saturday Night Live performances, and Hanging with MTV. Exciting times! Good times. I never heard another fan utter an unkind word about Morrissey back then. Miss those days.

Good Grief! I remember reading about the record signings and seeing him on 120 minutes. I still have the VHS labeled "MORRISSEY '92". It has the record signing he did in Grand Rapids (I THINK it was Grand Rapids), various videos, the Saturday Night Live performances, and Hanging with MTV. Exciting times! Good times. I never heard another fan utter an unkind word about Morrissey back then. Miss those days.

I have those VHS tapes too... He was our Beatles... MTV, Johnny Carson, Request Video, SNL... good times indeed!

He had talent back in those days. Miss those days.

No. You're older now, and a BITTER swine, you've forgotten that he was the only one who ever stood by you...

Or maybe you've just always been grumpy...I dunno.

the MTV Grand Rapids 1992 midnight release with Morrissey signing 'Your Arsenal' still puzzling me,
Why not Boston,NY,LA or Salt Lake City

Anyway it was OK

dunno about this one, why post, well , also 20 years ago

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom