Morrissey 'Honoured Beyond Words' By Peta Award - Contactmusic

Morrissey 'Honoured Beyond Words' By Peta Award - ContactMusic

Excerpt:

...In a letter to Peta founder Ingrid Newkirk, Morrissey writes, "I am honoured beyond words to be named as Peta's Person of the Year! Higher praise is hard to come by! I make no sensational claims for myself... I simply say 'No' to any form of animal suffering, and to the execution of innocent beings. Peta remains indefatigable and visionary, and together we have the executioners on the run."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is Morrissey (or if not), I (we) want you to know, that regardless of the negativity on this website, we do still truly love you and admire you for your efforts against animal cruelty. You are truly an inspiration to all and will always be so. Thank you. Congratulations on the award! Sorry for being to gushy, but it's true and I (we) mean it.

No, I am not Morrissey; just a fan with some common sense. It is nice to hear people say positive things about him, so thank you. It is evident that we live in a completely warped world when wonderful people such as Morrissey are being bullied in such a manner by his own "fans." It is very ridiculous and, in my opinion, such people should not even be fans of the man if they think of him in such a detrimental way. When I saw him live this year, I was utterly amazed by how spectacular he sounded and I thought he chose very interesting songs to sing. And, naturally, after the concert all I heard were people complaining about him not singing "There's A Light..." or "Suedehead." Typical bores. Anyway, there are real fans out there, such as you and I, which I think does help Morrissey press on through this madness, however it is quite likely that one day goodbye will be farewell.

i was being totally serious,this country is in a complete mess.:p

You're all hypocrites. The only way to stop any being from suffering be it animals, friends, family or your neighbor is to kill yourself. If you're really for NO suffering go for it. How about the suffering we have to go through listening to vegetarians pontificate about how righteous they are?

sod off, you boring vegans....I REPEL YOU WITH MY HAMBURGER!! NOM NOM NOM

Morrissey should know better at this stage than to attribute any great value to vegetarianism.Contrary to the post above there is no such thing as "humane milk". Beyond the problem of using other species as property to exploit, consider for a moment what becomes of the "useless" male calves born by the perpetual cycle of pregnancies the mother cows are forced to endure so humans can take their subsequent lactations.

Morrissey should know better at this stage than to attribute any great value to vegetarianism.Contrary to the post above there is no such thing as "humane milk". Beyond the problem of using other species as property to exploit, consider for a moment what becomes of the "useless" male calves born by the perpetual cycle of pregnancies the mother cows are forced to endure so humans can take their subsequent lactations.

Exactly my point. Vegetarians are ridiculously short sighted.

Exactly my point. Vegetarians are ridiculously short sighted.
That's a pretty short sighted view. Vegetarians choose to be so for many different reasons. Maybe some reasons are not as well thought
out as one would prefer.
I think the argument that meateaters are short sighted would be easier to support.

That's a pretty short sighted view. Vegetarians choose to be so for many different reasons. Maybe some reasons are not as well thought
out as one would prefer.
I think the argument that meateaters are short sighted would be easier to support.

Self-righteous and preachy vegetarians are short sighted - and most of all; hypocritical. Particularly our 'hero' who says he supports NO suffering to ANY animals EVER. So what about that massive rider loaded with cheese you have, old Moz? As another poster said, would he like his tits pulled at against his will day/day out? God knows they're big enough. And what about the male calves which are surplus to requirements? What do you reckon happens to them? Released into the wild? Oh no, that's right, they're slaughtered. All in the name of dairy farming.

The cheek of the man, honestly. Deary me.

out as one would prefer.

Vegetarianism makes sense by only one criteria, not liking meat. Any other and it's hard to make a case for it's value.

Vegetarianism makes sense by only one criteria, not liking meat. Any other and it's hard to make a case for it's value.
I think there is a very good case that can be made. Unfortunately I simply can't be arsed to do it here and now. Maybe someone more motivated will read this and rush in to make up for my laziness.
I will say though, to avoid any animosity between us, that I do not regard meateaters as morally deficient in any way whatsoever.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom