morrissey frink thread!

dcd583de2cb5a7eb8e0cdabf5ebcd15e.jpg

Morrissey-Directv-Arena-72F12-Mica-Garate-Indie-Hoy-3-.jpg

Last edited:
Decent. I've always liked looking at his arms. I don't mind some extra pounds on men's or women's torsos who have reached a certain age. At some point in your life, fighting against these charming rolls of flounder is like swimming against the current. So, just let them live and exert some population control when necessary.

I have to say if it was a question of either shooting a bow and arrow or fencing, I would personally challenge someone to fence me in a fencing duel

it was that Bowie/Mozzy photo above that made me consider this.

Also, wearing that fencing uniform would be like an amazing superpower on me.

Couple of pictures by John Stoddart I've never seen before.

Morrissey and Pat Phoenix, photographed having a little chat in Alderley Edge for May 1985 issue of Blitz (with Tony Booth checking in on them in one of the shots).

Apparently Morrissey didn't mind Pat smoking either ;) (The red wine might have helped with that...?).
Frighteningly dull outfit on Moz, but well compensated by Pat's substantial glamour. And I love close-ups where you can see his contacts (I'm a bit freakish).

MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985_1.jpg
MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985_2.jpg
MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985_3.jpg
MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985_4.jpg
MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985_5.jpg
MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985_6.jpg
MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985_7.jpg

Plus one of the shots that made it into the magazine (and which is arguably the best of the close-ups). Love her slightly amused gaze.

blitz_may85-page01.jpg

Bonus: A Bunnyman and a frightened rabbit caught in the flashlight (photographed in Liverpool for No. 1, 28 April 1984).

(Pity this isn't in colour, the blue of his cardigan is a lovely shade.)

MorrisseyIanMacCullochbyJohnStoddart1984_1.jpg

Smaller but clean versions attached below.

Attachments

• MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (1).jpg
    MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (1).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (2).jpg
    MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (2).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (3).jpg
    MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (3).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 0
  • MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (4).jpg
    MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (4).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (6).jpg
    MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (6).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
  • MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (7).jpg
    MorrisseyPatPhoenixbyJohnStoddart1985clean (7).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Couple of pictures by John Stoddart I've never seen before.

Morrissey and Pat Phoenix, photographed having a little chat in Alderley Edge for May 1985 issue of Blitz (with Tony Booth checking in on them in one of the shots).

Apparently Morrissey didn't mind Pat smoking either ;) (The red wine might have helped with that...?).
Frighteningly dull outfit on Moz, but well compensated by Pat's substantial glamour. And I love close-ups where you can see his contacts (I'm a bit freakish).

View attachment 74077View attachment 74078View attachment 74079View attachment 74080View attachment 74081View attachment 74082View attachment 74083

Plus one of the shots that made it into the magazine (and which is arguably the best of the close-ups). Love her slightly amused gaze.

View attachment 74113

Bonus: A Bunnyman and a frightened rabbit caught in the flashlight (photographed in Liverpool for No. 1, 28 April 1984).

(Pity this isn't in colour, the blue of his cardigan is a lovely shade.)

View attachment 74084

Smaller but clean versions attached below.

Thank You. These are GOLD 💝

The mix of chintz & glamour is wonderful. I would hazard a guess that Steven is in his Sunday best. But then Pat is probably in hers too 😉

Never figured Pat for a Marlboro Woman.

Wonder if her agent got the daffodils in on purpose? Love the “Daily Mail” down the side of the settee too.

And I love close-ups where you can see his spots (i’m a bit freakish).

How can they see the love in our eyes…?”

Now, i fancy a wee vino. Or four…

Thank You. These are GOLD 💝

The mix of chintz & glamour is wonderful. I would hazard a guess that Steven is in his Sunday best. But then Pat is probably in hers too 😉

Never figured Pat for a Marlboro Woman.

Wonder if her agent got the daffodils in on purpose? Love the “Daily Mail” down the side of the settee too.

And I love close-ups where you can see his spots (i’m a bit freakish).

How can they see the love in our eyes…?”

Now, i fancy a wee vino. Or four…

That's a lot of love. Which is perfectly understandable, because these are very loveable.

Cheers.

wine.jpg

White, unfortunately. And, technically, 'cooking wine'. It is Monday after all. 😉

Last edited:
Found this sublime shot on Alasdair McLellan's website today.

LA, 2004

Morrissey, Alasdair McLellan, LA, 2004.jpg

Partial absence of light can be quite attractive...

I had never seen a clean version before, only the one used on the Arena Homme+ Summer/Autumn 2017 cover.

Morrissey, Alasdair McLellan, LA, 2004_ArenaHommeCover.jpg

Found this sublime shot on Alasdair McLellan's website today.

LA, 2004

View attachment 74945

Partial absence of light can be quite attractive...

I had never seen a clean version before, only the one used on the Arena Homme+ Summer/Autumn 2017 cover.

View attachment 74946

McLellan is a Master ~ of black & white and colour. Sublime work in both domains.
Morrissey should be biting Al's hand off to let him shoot him, or do something visual for him. Not that, given the Currentclimate, y'know...

Even if only...?

Candy + Alasdair McLellan.jpg

Instead, we have AM currently hooking up with 'inspirational legends' (ahem) like indie middle-aged muzak hipsters like Saint Etienne, for LP photographs and films. All very charming people í'm sure, smart as whippets, and knowingly knowing all the very best people to know, and thus destined to be forever blessed by 4* reviews by those same besties, for whatever mildly pleasant background fripperies they slide out.
í just really don't know what you are meant to feel, or do, while listening to that kind of music. Other than feel, or be...cool?
í saw a review of their new 'single' that described the "shimmering vocal" of Sarah Cracknell. Now, a 'vocal' is different from actually 'singing', right? And 'shimmering' to me reads as weak & thin? Ms C actually has a more musical speaking voice than she has when attempting to 'sing'. They should try spoken word muzak. í'm sure The Guardian would still give it a solid 4...

McLellan is a Master ~ of black & white and colour. Sublime work in both domains.
Morrissey should be biting Al's hand off to let him shoot him, or do something visual for him. Not that, given the Currentclimate, y'know...

Even if only...?

View attachment 74954

Instead, we have AM currently hooking up with 'inspirational legends' (ahem) like indie middle-aged muzak hipsters like Saint Etienne, for LP photographs and films. All very charming people í'm sure, smart as whippets, and knowingly knowing all the very best people to know, and thus destined to be forever blessed by 4* reviews by those same besties, for whatever mildly pleasant background fripperies they slide out.
í just really don't know what you are meant to feel, or do, while listening to that kind of music. Other than feel, or be...cool?
í saw a review of their new 'single' that described the "shimmering vocal" of Sarah Cracknell. Now, a 'vocal' is different from actually 'singing', right? And 'shimmering' to me reads as weak & thin? Ms C actually has a more musical speaking voice than she has when attempting to 'sing'. They should try spoken word muzak. í'm sure The Guardian would still give it a solid 4...

Haven't you heard? It's not only the dReAdfuL, utterly detestable, deeply fascist ~political views~ and the horrible, horrible things he's DONE that disqualify Morrissey in every possible way from ever getting a positive review ever again.

His music's also been shite for at least over a decade now. If we're being generous. More like a quarter of a century.
8 LPs since "Vauxhall and I" and NOT A SINGLE DECENT CHOON ON THERE!!! Man's a f***ing fraud...

That's what they say, anyway. 😉

Last edited:

Even if only...?

View attachment 74954

Saint Etienne peaked when they covered The Field Mice with their second single.

Bowie wearing Vans Authentic Desert Sage

2002.jpg

m_5bdd04f82e1478d38aa3be81.jpg

Mozza wearing Converse Star Player Cloud Gray

IMG-20180910-WA0002.jpg

V3_1_Gallery_1_87441-800x800.jpg
You have posted this information several times now, always with the same pictures. Are you an ad bot? I do not appreciate this sort of repetitive covert advertising.

Back
Top Bottom