morrissey frink thread!

Via @manic_pixels and the photographer's website

Leather-clad and slightly cross-eyed

TheSmithsParis1984YouriLenquette.jpg

📷 Youri Lenquette, Paris, 1984
Taken when they where interviewed for Les Enfants Du Rock for their first Paris concert:

The perfect breezy lightness of The Quiff...

"But you made a choice between Jean Marais and Clint Eastwood, for example."

"Oh, most definitely and I shouldn't have to explain why." 💕

PS. I love how Morrissey wore Johnny's sparkly little necklace on his belt loop like a trophy a month later:

TheSmithsGlastonbury1984.jpg

TheSmithsGlastonbury1984_2.jpg

Always loved this shot, by Rankin, at the Royal Festival Hall, 2004, London.

Great set-up, great looks, and great memories, of great days ~

Morrissey, Royal Festival Hall, 2004 ~ Rankin.jpg

Cute cuticles too...

Always loved this shot, by Rankin, at the Royal Festival Hall, 2004, London.

Great set-up, great looks, and great memories, of great days ~

View attachment 72104

Cute cuticles too...

Aw, this is the same session that produced the pictures that were used for the Meltdown programme, right?
Love his hair and blissful smile here.

MeltdownProgramme.jpeg

MeltdownProgramme2.jpeg

Rankin atoning for 1997's sins...

MorrisseyRankin2004.jpg

Is that a fan account, record company account?????? Manager????

I'm confused.

@Famous when dead can you help???

Still the same fan account, that looks somewhat official. Has 52 times more followers than the "official" Central account though 😅

Is that a fan account, record company account?????? Manager????

I'm confused.

@Famous when dead can you help???
This is the account I'd mentioned as run by a fan selling dubious items, dubious posts etc. It had zero to do with Morrissey, but more people followed it when they copied the Twitter tag line about not being Moz etc, to the point where 'inner circle' types were following probably thinking it was official - it's actually 'doggobenny'.
Regards,
FWD.

This is the account I'd mentioned as run by a fan selling dubious items, dubious posts etc. It had zero to do with Morrissey, but more people followed it when they copied the Twitter tag line about not being Moz etc, to the point where 'inner circle' types were following probably thinking it was official - it's actually 'doggobenny'.
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you!

I'm quite shocked that they don't sort it out. The public should know what they're getting & fan accounts shouldn't mirror official accounts.

Aw, this is the same session that produced the pictures that were used for the Meltdown programme, right?

Indeed so.

The red leather shots were taken inside the foyer of the Royal Festival Hall, on the striking banquettes outside the main auditorium. Now gone, í think? Last time í was in the RFH was a couple of years ago for a "Phantom Thread" live orchestral screening with Paul Thomas Anderson, and while straining at the threshold í had a pang of nostalgia for some studded scarlet leather.
Then í heard Chrissie Hynde yawping with a pal in the corner of the bar, and was in half a mind to gingerly approach. But visions of bit bulldogs filled my head and í sidled off home...

Morrissey Rankin 2004.jpg

Scream if you wanna go bigger...

A Meltdown Whopper!

One of the treasures that í did manage to salvage from my de-clutter-f***-up was a 40" x 60" glossy poster of the above, and another of the full line-up listed down one side with Moz gazing on at his own curation.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I'm quite shocked that they don't sort it out. The public should know what they're getting & fan accounts shouldn't mirror official accounts.

🙃

ScreenshotSERInstagram.jpg

Love his hair and blissful smile here.

View attachment 72108

View attachment 72109

Rankin atoning for 1997's sins...

View attachment 72110

Just popped up on eBay, coincidentally...

Morrissey Rankin Polaroid 2004.jpg

"...and his drumstick was only this big"

£500, minimum, for a Polaroid...?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164865931708?hash=item2662c679bc:g:fGMAAOSwOOlgnmfq

...Protect me from what í want :pray:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Foetal in Dublin, 27th of April 1991 ~

Morrissey, Dublin, 27th April 1991 ~ Kevin Cummins.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom