morrissey frink thread!

Anyone have any high-quality/resolution images of the Tench St/Reardon St b&w photos that I could get blown up to make posters?

Photographed by Juergen Teller, 1990.

MorrisseyTeller1990_1.jpeg
MorrisseyTeller1990_2.jpg

Anyone have any high-quality/resolution images of the Tench St/Reardon St b&w photos that I could get blown up to make posters?

The following are scans that í took & touched up a tad, from original His Master's Voice / EMI 8x10 promotional photographs ~

12812205725_583aae95a6_k.jpg

12791115864_836b1456a0_k.jpg

If you want the full-size scans {5K & 4K} of these images click on the link below {m-s only allows me to post a certain size} ~

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUPyGaa

The album contains those two Wapping whoppers, plus an additional two Battersea big ones, just cos í love them so ~

5794593788_cf9650c254_3k.jpg

5794063553_1b252b5650_o.jpg

Again, sourced from original record company promo 8x10s.

And, for good measure, these tiny Teller gems, grabbed from the "Arena Homme+" 'Memphis Morrissey' edition of 2015 ~

15899332221_28a97995f8_o.jpg

15900610622_84090d6282_o.jpg

39758433595_4469bf4153_o.jpg

Just to give further illustration of the greatness of The Quiff on that sunny May day in far-off London town...

Attachments

• 12812205725_583aae95a6_k.jpg
    12812205725_583aae95a6_k.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The following are scans that í took & touched up a tad, from original His Master's Voice / EMI 8x10 promotional photographs ~

View attachment 69689

View attachment 69690

If you want the full-size scans {5K & 4K} of these images click on the link below {m-s only allows me to post a certain size} ~

The album contains those two Wapping whoppers, plus an additional two Battersea big ones, just cos í love them so ~

View attachment 69691
View attachment 69692

And, for good measure, these tiny Teller gems, grabbed from the "Arena Homme+" 'Memphis Morrissey' edition of 2015 ~

View attachment 69693

View attachment 69694

View attachment 69695

Just to give further illustration of the greatness of The Quiff on that sunny May day in far-off London town...

ps ~ Here is a wee Wapping wonder that í forgot. It's only somebody's telephone scan of the "AH+" mag mentioned above, the only Teller frame not available elsewhere digitally, and it's a little curved. But...THE HAIR...THE HAIR ~

51034180208_6e330b786b_o.jpg

And í also have a recently acquired Reardon Street HMV 8x10 that í have not been able to scan, as yet. It's one that was commonly used in the inkies & mags back in the daze, of Moz lovingly patting the pretty pavement...there there ~

Morrissey Reardon St.jpg

View attachment 69689

View attachment 69690

View attachment 69691
View attachment 69692

View attachment 69693

View attachment 69694

View attachment 69695

Amazing - thank you! 😊

Mentally I'm still here...

Did you see me in a muslin shroud?

MorrisseyIainMcKell1985 (1).jpg

MorrisseyIainMcKell1985 (2).jpg

MorrisseyIainMcKell1985 (3).jpg

1985 - Iain McKell

Amazing - thank you! 😊

Let us know how you go with your printing endeavours. í would be immoderately interested in buying one, or two, when you do ;)

Last edited:
Has the wurrrld changed or have I changed?

í find each of these interviews, alone, captivating in the extreme.

But watched together, back-to-back, they are, to purloin a phrase, mesmerising.

But that's me for you really...?

ps ~ í can have both :)

Has the wurrrld changed or have I changed?

í find each of these interviews, alone, captivating in the extreme.

But watched together, back-to-back, they are, to purloin a phrase, mesmerising.

But that's me for you really...?

ps ~ í can have both :)

I love how you can always recognise the same little gestures and tics and linguistic features in him over the years.

It's the world that's changed, really.

More Catlin captures; confirming immaculate perfection of The Hair.

One of these profiles would appear to be reversed? í shall leave it for wiser eyes than í to work out which...

Morrissey Andrew Catlin 1985 profile (i).jpg

Morrissey Andrew Catlin 1985 profile (ii).jpg

More Catlin captures; confirming immaculate perfection of The Hair.

One of these profiles would appear to be reversed? í shall leave it for wiser eyes than í to work out which...

It's the first one. :blushing:

Some of these were originally printed in the 16 March 1985 issue of Melody Maker on occasion of a Trial by Jury aka a collective interview by a number of fanzine writers (among them one ... Dave ... Has-been...? No, sorry. It's Haslam, actually.), which had been proposed by Morrissey because after merely two years in the spotlight he was already tired of speaking to the music press, or, as he called it, he'd "virtually exhausted the conventional format of pop rag interviews", bless his heart.

MorrisseyAndyCatlinbig.jpg

MorrisseyAndyCatlinsmall.jpg

A couple of shots were later used/reprinted in Uncut specials, that's were the reversed image probably comes from. I have a few more colour pictures of him hiding under the stairs, but he really looks like an ailing prawn in those...

Last edited:
It's the first one. :blushing:

Some of these were originally printed in the 16 March 1985 issue of Melody Maker on occasion of a Trial by Jury aka a collective interview by a number of fanzine writers (among them one ... Dave ... Has-been...? No, sorry. It's Haslam, actually.), which had been proposed by Morrissey because after merely two years in the spotlight he was already tired of speaking to the music press or as he called it, he'd "virtually exhausted the conventional format of pop rag interviews", bless his heart.

View attachment 69804

View attachment 69805

A couple of shots were later used/reprinted in Uncut specials, that's were the reversed image probably comes from. I have a few more colour pictures of him hiding under the stairs, but he really looks like a ailing prawn in those...

Jed Mercurio (who is notoriously rude irl) slagged off a Guardian hack, a whole bunch of Guardian hacks falsely tweeted he was being sexist but piously claimed they'd fairly review Line Of Duty anyway - then The Guardian did a hit piece on it.

The art-hack ecosystem is so petty.

I'm currently trying to work out what the drama was in this picture. Where did you last see the keys?:

332efe18b46b00d49acb0704fe0fbed3.jpg

Jed Mercurio (who is notoriously rude irl) slagged off a Guardian hack, a whole bunch of Guardian hacks falsely tweeted he was being sexist but piously claimed they'd fairly review Line Of Duty anyway - then The Guardian did a hit piece on it.

The art-hack ecosystem is so petty.

I'm currently trying to work out what the drama was in this picture. Where did you last see the keys?:

View attachment 69808

They were fighting over who had seen the Japanese first pressing of Get It On first....

MozBozJapan_1.jpg

Boz had some pretty good arguments why he should be the one to keep it...

MozBozJapan_2.jpg

But then Moz threatened to get his hands on Boz's mammary glands and that was the end of the matter.

MozBozJapan_3.jpg

They lived happily ever after until Moz made Boz wear pretty dresses on stage 😉

MozBozJapan_4.jpg

終わり

Back
Top Bottom