morrissey frink thread!

For me, where all frink began, and shall, probably, end...

í am guessing this is all 'officialmoz' will be doing to mark the 30th Anniversary of the Glorious Runt of the Litter? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, ordinarily í can recall every detail of those particular daze, but was the retail release of "Kill Uncle" delayed by a week? Cos t'google says that it was unleashed upon an unsuspecting world on the 4th March 1991. And yet, this ~

Art Suffer England Hatred.jpg

~ indicates the 25th of February?

:unsure:

ps ~ hopefully, there will be other opportunities to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the beautiful sickly child, once í unpack the '91 Vintage VHS from the crate. Unopened as yet. Diagnosed chronic delayed-pleasurist ~ í like to tease myself...

For me, where all frink began, and shall, probably, end...

í am guessing this is all 'officialmoz' will be doing to mark the 30th Anniversary of the Glorious Runt of the Litter? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, ordinarily í can recall every detail of those particular daze, but was the retail release of "Kill Uncle" delayed by a week? Cos t'google says that it was unleashed upon an unsuspecting world on the 4th March 1991. And yet, this ~

View attachment 69167

~ indicates the 25th of February?

:unsure:

ps ~ hopefully, there will be other opportunities to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the beautiful sickly child, once í unpack the '91 Vintage VHS from the crate. Unopened as yet. Diagnosed chronic delayed-pleasurist ~ í like to tease myself...

I don't expect a single word from any of the real official channels - that 'official' @officialmoz account is fake.

Anyway... Love those Uncle pics especially the ton of eyeshadow visible in the shot posted by fake Uncle M on Insta.

Wonder why the cryptic note from the ad made a comeback in 2007?

Art Suffer England Hatred DrumKit2007.png

I don't expect a single word from any of the real official channels - that 'official' @officialmoz account is fake.

Anyway... Love those Uncle pics especially the ton of eyeshadow visible in the shot posted by fake Uncle M on Insta.

Wonder why the cryptic note from the ad made a comeback in 2007?

View attachment 69183

Would that be after the NME decided to give him another kicking for the racism in their writers' heads????

The whole Finsbury Park bollocks came back when his career was looking good - to be honest I think the spiral in his health & work starts there. It made David Quantick attack him in Word, which led to the Guardian flagging up the China comment & rolled on into endless articles that he's a troll who has relentless outbursts.

Which makes me think of Paul Morley's comment:

20210220_224116.jpg

Would that be after the NME decided to give him another kicking for the racism in their writers' heads????

The whole Finsbury Park bollocks came back when his career was looking good - to be honest I think the spiral in his health & work starts there. It made David Quantick attack him in Word, which led to the Guardian flagging up the China comment & rolled on into endless articles that he's a troll who has relentless outbursts.

Which makes me think of Paul Morley's comment:

View attachment 69185

Think the NME interview/article in question (conducted by current associate editor of Guardian Culture Tim Jonze) actually came out 1 December 2007. The drum kit screenshot is from Hollywood Bowl 8 June 2007.

That Morley interview is just lovely. "(face)"

Edit: the now defunct fanpage Lucky Lisp featured a good overview of the NME argument including a comprehensive timeline, which can be accessed here (see "Morrissey vs. the NME" on the left hand menu).

Last edited:
Think the NME interview/article in question (conducted by current associate editor of Guardian Culture Tim Jonze)
actually came out 1 December 2007. The drum kit screenshot is from Hollywood Bowl 8 June 2007.

Edit: the now defunct fanpage Lucky Lisp featured a good overview over the NME argument including a comprehensive timeline, which can be accessed here (see "Morrissey vs. the NME" on the left hand menu).

Maybe he was thinking of Oscar.

Tim 🙄🙄🙄

Think the NME interview/article in question (conducted by current associate editor of Guardian Culture Tim Jonze) actually came out 1 December 2007. The drum kit screenshot is from Hollywood Bowl 8 June 2007.

Edit: the now defunct fanpage Lucky Lisp featured a good overview of the NME argument including a comprehensive timeline, which can be accessed here (see "Morrissey vs. the NME" on the left hand menu).

I'd read it before - but my God, what a pious lot of f**king sh*te from Conor... he's just keeping the liberal world of rock pure in thought at a time of increased tensions - not trying to get his sales up by using an inflammatory headline about a hot topic that would only make tensions worse.

Still, Moz using the word immigration makes more sense if it was in the question. He doesn't pick up traps in the framing. He fits his interests around it.

And they know it:

20210303_153654.jpg

20210303_153716.jpg

(Smash Hits, January 1985)

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Hi. Perfect hair and smokey eyes. That's all.

Is that matching nail polish or the lights shining off a manicure?
Definitely yellow nail polish again. I've probably posted this one from the same night before...

Yellow.jpeg

Morrissey by Kevin Cummins, Tokyo, September 1991

View attachment 69136

Apropos the Edith apparel, just found out that this glorious interview was first broadcast by the BBC Television Service on the 6th of May 1959, 2 weeks & 2 days before that stifled Friday night at Park Hospital, Davyhulme...

Sod Oprah, Freeman was yer man. Having asked the Dame, apologetically, have you ever seriously contemplated marriage, to which she replies "that, I think, I cannot answer", Freeman replies "No reason indeed why you should at all" and moves on.

Viva Elvith!

Edith 6th of May 1959.jpg

C’mon Moz!, just because fans ask you to pop their pimples, doesn’t mean you actually have to do it, yuck!
??? Can't see no pimples here. Her skin looks almost immaculate, if not untouched, like that of a Bronte-sister. You must have pimples on ya eyes, man.

My current obsession:

Morrissey - Through the Looking Glass

Photographed by Andy Catlin, Rough Trade offices, London, February 1985

MozCatlin85_1.jpg
MozCatlin85_2.jpg
MozCatlin85_3.jpg
MozCatlin85_4.jpg
MozCatlin85_5.jpg

Yes, I have a couple more but those 5 form a perfect sequence ...

I'm especially keen on the jumper. So s o f t...

View attachment 69486

í'd never really 'got' those old Catlin shots before; sometimes saturation can dilute the power of an image. But, yeah, they are pretty pretty.

And, good lord, that was a damn fine hair day in Feb '85. Pretty much the finest Quiff of Smiffs-era {as someone who heartily subscribes to the theory that The Quiff didn't really attain immaculate perfection until the solo years ~ he had to up his game from '87; he could no longer rely on his hair looking good in comparison with the...ah...varied...efforts of Wythenshawe's own Keef Jones?}

That 5th B&W shot is illegally good. {The colour is nice for the knitwear, less so for the skincare? }

í'm sure he must have been weary of inkie snappers setting up yet another awful "Orphée" ordeal. But who can resist a floor-length reflection...?

Back
Top Bottom