morrissey frink thread!

Morrissey by Robin, 2006

morrissey-9-1.jpg

morrissey-5-1.jpg

morrissey-7-1.jpg

morrissey-11-1.jpg

morrissey-6-1.jpg

morrissey-4-1.jpg

(Tipped off by a post on Facebook/Twitter)

Some of these I'd never seen before. Presumably all taken in a lift when he performed on Canal+ for their 'L'album de la semaine' programme.

Edit: Also shared by Robin on Instagram

Last edited:
More Owen {Mike. Not Frank. Nor Jake} ~

Contact sheets 1 and 2 {On the pen is mighty Roland Mouret, former pop stylist, now fashion designer} ~

Morrissey Mike Owen contact sheet (i) 1992.jpg

Morrissey Mike Owen contact sheet (ii) 1992.jpg

* {frames 13 & 14 above are reversed for some reason}

Morrissey Mike Owen 1992.jpg

Morrissey Mike Owen (ii) 1992.jpg

Morrissey Mike Owen (iii) 1992.jpg

Photographed in London in the Spring of 1992.

Pretty spiffy profile pic of Morrissey, circa sometime in 1989.
Photographed by vintage Manchester photographer Sefton Samuels in his house in Altrincham {Sefton's, not Steven's}.
This shot, and others, accompanied a short interview Moz gave to oblige his teenage vegetarian son {Sefton's, not Steven's} who asked very politely one day when he bumped into him outside his house in Altrincham {Steven's, not Sefton's}. The piece appeared in the November '89 issue of "Greenscene".
í would guess the photographs were taken in the Summer, and they seem to me to be the last time we saw Moz without the sideburns.
From creaking memory, í remember being quite startled to see the sideys in September in the spread that Kevin Cummins shot in his Bowdon garden {Steven's, not Kevin's}, and then in the "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" promotional film the next month.
These were as nowt compared with the magnificent sculpted growths we would be treated to in the dawning bliss of the '90s, but í do recall a brief bristle at that nascent stage at the idea of such a thing on Moz.
Seems deeply silly now, and their aesthetic perfection in combination with The Quiff soon enough made immaculate sense. But í think at the time the idea of armpit-shaving Morrissey with side growth seemed...queer?

Enjoy, anyroad ~

Morrissey 1989 Sefton Samuels.jpg

ps ~ í recall taking a cutting of this shot to my local fiendly barber and saying can you make me look like this please?

"OK: I will need 4 things ~ 1. scissors, 2. clippers, 3. board-certified plastic surgeon and 4. pharmaceutical-grade MDMA"...

Pretty spiffy profile pic of Morrissey, circa sometime in 1989.
Photographed by vintage Manchester photographer Sefton Samuels in his house in Altrincham {Sefton's, not Steven's}.
This shot, and others, accompanied a short interview Moz gave to oblige his teenage vegetarian son {Sefton's, not Steven's} who asked very politely one day when he bumped into him outside his house in Altrincham {Steven's, not Sefton's}. The piece appeared in the November '89 issue of "Greenscene".
í would guess the photographs were taken in the Summer, and they seem to me to be the last time we saw Moz without the sideburns.
From creaking memory, í remember being quite startled to see the sideys in September in the spread that Kevin Cummins shot in his Bowdon garden {Steven's, not Kevin's}, and then in the "Ouija Board, Ouija Board" promotional film the next month.
These were as nowt compared with the magnificent sculpted growths we would be treated to in the dawning bliss of the '90s, but í do recall a brief bristle at that nascent stage at the idea of such a thing on Moz.
Seems deeply silly now, and their aesthetic perfection in combination with The Quiff soon enough made immaculate sense. But í think at the time the idea of armpit-shaving Morrissey with side growth seemed...queer?

Enjoy, anyroad ~

View attachment 68869

ps ~ í recall taking a cutting of this shot to my local fiendly barber and saying can you make me look like this please?

"OK: I will need 4 things ~ 1. scissors, 2. clippers, 3. board-certified plastic surgeon and 4. pharmaceutical-grade MDMA"...

I think his top is very cute here. Looks like a pattern of small rockets. 🚀

MozSeftonSamuels1989_1.jpeg
MozSeftonSamuels1989_2.jpg

Better look at the pattern

MozSeftonSamuels1989_3.jpg

Little Tim Samuels went on to become an acclaimed documentary filmmaker.

He also presented Not Like Any Other Love, the Culture Show episode on The Smiths

Last edited:
I think his top is very cute here. Looks like a pattern of small rockets. 🚀

View attachment 68877View attachment 68878

Better look at the pattern

View attachment 68879

Little Tim Samuels went on to become an acclaimed documentary filmmaker.

He also presented Not Like Any Other Love, the Culture Show episode on The Smiths

Fantastic Bird!

That James Brown tweet is interesting, in reference to a point í'd always wondered about ~ did Morrissey also have a flat/'apartment' in Altrincham, in addition to Beechmount? Brown talks about visiting him on Bentick (sic) Road. Bentinck Road, in reality, is just over the back of Bowdon Road. And í've seen many other references to Morrissey and his flat in Altrincham. Plus that AirBnb that was listed a few years ago, advertised as 'Morrissey's old house' was on Bentinck Road?

Also, í wonder if it was Tim he was referring to in the pull quote below, from James Brown's encounter for the 'NME'? ~

18-february-1989-nme_2.jpg

Fantastic Bird!

That James Brown tweet is interesting, in reference to a point í'd always wondered about ~ did Morrissey also have a flat/'apartment' in Altrincham, in addition to Beechmount? Brown talks about visiting him on Bentick (sic) Road. Bentinck Road, in reality, is just over the back of Bowdon Road. And í've seen many other references to Morrissey and his flat in Altrincham. Plus that AirBnb that was listed a few years ago, advertised as 'Morrissey's old house' was on Bentinck Road?

Also, í wonder if it was Tim he was referring to in the pull quote below, from James Brown's encounter for the 'NME'? ~

View attachment 68885

I've been asking myself the same questions regarding Mozzerian residency.

I've also often wondered what on earth made him choose a house opposite a school after he'd already had to endure the noise of "affluent, horrendous little monsters" in his Chelsea flat.

I've been asking myself the same questions regarding Mozzerian residency.

I've also often wondered what on earth made him choose a house opposite a school after he'd already had to endure the noise of "affluent, horrendous little monsters" in his Chelsea flat.

just more... grist for the mill.

& thanks for that link. Nice to know that he dabbles in the black arts, though, not surprising.

:cool:

Fantastic Bird!

View attachment 68885

He's a wee eco-warrior on the quiet.

just more... grist for the mill.

& thanks for that link. Nice to know that he dabbles in the black arts, though, not surprising.

:cool:
I absolutely adore this little piece of writing. It's so pure. I could read about his boring routine all day.

If I could choose content to be published on Central, I'd wish for him to write a weekly report, including all the films he's watched, his shopping list and stories about the birds and squirrels he's fed. And a hot toddy before bed.

Last edited:
I absolutely adore this little piece of writing from him. It's so pure. I could read about his boring routine all day.

If I could choose content to be published on Central, I'd wish for him to write a weekly report, including all the films he's watched, his shopping list and stories about the birds and squirrels he's fed. And a hot toddy before bed.

same! that was the first thing I thought too! what if Central was like that Smash Hits article. We could only dream, and it seems that’s how he likes it! just leaving us to our dreams. :(:lbf:

Though this early article and another one much later in 2000 something (Edit: actually 1992) he mentions that he sleeps in the nude, which I thought he was just joking, but this I take it confirms that he in fact does.

Well, I certainly don’t sleep in the nude :oops:

Last edited:
same! that was the first thing I thought too! what if Central was like that Smash Hits article. We could only dream, and it seems that’s how he likes it! just leaving us to our dreams. :(:lbf:

Though this early article and another one much later in 2000 something (?) he mentions that he sleeps in the nude, which I thought he was just joking, but this I take it confirms that he in fact does.

Well, I certainly don’t sleep in the nude :oops:
I definitely remember that as well!
From Details, 1992.

"Is it true you sleep in the nude?
Yes I do. I like the freedom of movement, especially in the event of a fire.
Does that mean boxer shorts for day?
Are you asking me what type of underwear I wear? I didn't until about a month ago."

I think he might have mentioned it again later.

I could never, ever sleep in the nude. I'd instantly disintegrate.

I definitely remember that as well!
From Details, 1992.

"Is it true you sleep in the nude?
Yes I do. I like the freedom of movement, especially in the event of a fire.
Does that mean boxer shorts for day?
Are you asking me what type of underwear I wear? I didn't until about a month ago."

I think he might have mentioned it again later.

I could never, ever sleep in the nude. I'd instantly disintegrate.

Yes that’s it ! of course you would nose!
;):thumb:

disintegrate?!
o_O:confused: :lbf:

Now that sounds like a "Quincy, M.E." episode that í might actually watch?

The only thing that í have on in bed is Channel 5 ...

I could never, ever watch telly in bed. Instant disintegration etc.

Unless you mean...

CHANEL_No5_parfum.jpg

That programme is terrifying, you get the sniffles, take a couple of pills & it sets off a chain reaction that kills you in a week.

You missed out the link in the chain where you f*** with the Kennedy boys :(

Back
Top Bottom