morrissey frink thread!

No, unfortunately not. But I also found an uncropped version.

View attachment 68410

I have the strongest feeling I've seen it before, but can't quite place it. Looks like sound check.
I wanna say 2011-ish based on hair and the big tiger's eye rings he was wearing around that time.
Thanks! Found a couple of nice pictures from that night

SDA_2068-copia.jpg

SDA_2155-copia.jpg

SDA_2152-copia.jpg

I wouldn't even notice he had a ring on if he was sitting next to me telling me all about it.

But, if he had some gossip...

View attachment 68419
Well, tiny, ring-related fun fact for gossip: he used to wear a claddagh ring in the early 90s.
A meaningful piece of jewellery of which Wikipedia informs us:

1. On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the fingertips: the wearer is single and might be looking for love.
  2. On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the wrist: the wearer is in a relationship; someone "has captured their heart"
  3. On the left ring finger with the point of the heart toward the fingertips: the wearer is engaged.
  4. On the left ring finger with the point of the heart toward the wrist: the wearer is married
He wears it on the middle finger of his right hand...

MozHandsDouglasBros.jpg

Photo by the Douglas Brothers also works as an excellent piece of hand frink. I think the ring on his left hand is the one Richard Davalos gave him.

Well, tiny, ring-related fun fact for gossip: he used to wear a claddagh ring in the early 90s.
A meaningful piece of jewellery of which Wikipedia informs us:

1. On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the fingertips: the wearer is single and might be looking for love.
  2. On the right hand with the point of the heart toward the wrist: the wearer is in a relationship; someone "has captured their heart"
  3. On the left ring finger with the point of the heart toward the fingertips: the wearer is engaged.
  4. On the left ring finger with the point of the heart toward the wrist: the wearer is married
He wears it on the middle finger of his right hand...

View attachment 68421

Photo by the Douglas Brothers also works as an excellent piece of hand frink. I think the ring on his left hand is the one Richard Davalos gave him.

í didn't understand any words what you wrote. Until "hand frink "...

Moz ring.jpg

:blushing:

Nice quality capture of Morrissey on 'The Frank Skinner Show' December 2004.

Pretty frinky, plus didn't know where else to post it...

Nice quality capture of Morrissey on 'The Frank Skinner Show' December 2004.

Pretty frinky, plus didn't know where else to post it...

Oh, frills and velvet... :bow:

In the Frank Owen TRAVESTY Morrissey said he was terrified of Perrys, Beer Monsters & violence caused by football.

& then we have:

View attachment 68406

View attachment 68407

Working through his terror in plain sight...

This is very interesting. He may be reclaiming a image of Britishness as belonging to him also. I think he may get a kick out of taking on the macho image and perverting it by someone like him wearing it, turning it on it’s head, making it new.

Also makes me think of what he said in 91 about skinheads in nail varnish as his ideal fan. Again nail varnish and the strange juxtaposition with something that’s considered macho or dangerous, it’s the combination that appeals to him. It may also in part point to his attraction to the NY Dolls when in his early teens. Toughs in make up.

"I'm incapable of racism, even though I wear this T-shirt and even though I'm delighted that an increasing number of my audience are skinheads in nail varnish. And I'm not trying to be funny, that really is the perfect audience for me. But I am incapable of racism, and the people who say I am racist are basically just the people who can't stand the sight of my physical frame. I don't think we should flatter them with our attention. ... The sight of streams of skinheads in nail varnish, it somehow represents the Britain I love. Wouldn't it be awful to find yourself 'followed' by people you didn't want? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the skinhead was an entirely British invention."

This is very interesting. He may be reclaiming a image of Britishness as belonging to him also. I think he may get a kick out of taking on the macho image and perverting it by someone like him wearing it, turning it on it’s head, making it new.

Also makes me think of what he said in 91 about skinheads in nail varnish as his ideal fan. Again nail varnish and the strange juxtaposition with something that’s considered macho or dangerous, it’s the combination that appeals to him. It may also in part point to his attraction to the NY Dolls when in his early teens. Toughs in make up.

"I'm incapable of racism, even though I wear this T-shirt and even though I'm delighted that an increasing number of my audience are skinheads in nail varnish. And I'm not trying to be funny, that really is the perfect audience for me. But I am incapable of racism, and the people who say I am racist are basically just the people who can't stand the sight of my physical frame. I don't think we should flatter them with our attention. ... The sight of streams of skinheads in nail varnish, it somehow represents the Britain I love. Wouldn't it be awful to find yourself 'followed' by people you didn't want? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the skinhead was an entirely British invention."

Yeah - it's certainly something worth looking into more & finding some clues.

For him to start wearing the clothes of people he was terrified of means something - about masculinity, or trauma, wanting their love - something.

And for him to start doing it in the wake of a the Smiths ending when he didn't want them to, is interesting as well.

Researching Moz exposes you to some of the worst journalism on Earth.

He apparently has never mentioned secular abattoirs...

20210208_091906.jpg

Low In High School was a political manifesto, not songs with different themes.

20210208_165617.jpg

It's only his jokes & his pictures that make it bearable.

c2ae605403990630a2f7f58960bab2e9.jpg

Could it be a kind of alter ego, like Sasha Fierce?

He said he liked Marr because he's aggressive & gets things done.

Football hooligans had the courage to chase him around Manchester while he desperately tried to hide.

Marr had left him & he didn't expect to survive.

So perhaps taking on the persona of a football hooligan gave him confidence?

And maybe men who could never admit to not having confidence like other men can sense what he's doing & that's where the devotion comes from??? The need to hug him, because at last they've seen their secret fears embodied by someone who shares them???

Male empowerment.

Which is why Miranda Sawyer was so sour about men throwing themselves at him.

MozColourCramps.jpg

b18e8262126b579f5a25cc7b4aba2615.jpg

Could it be a kind of alter ego, like Sasha Fierce?

He said he liked Marr because he's aggressive & gets things done.

Football hooligans had the courage to chase him around Manchester while he desperately tried to hide.

Marr had left him & he didn't expect to survive.
Johnny is confident, not aggressive. Maybe Moz was just sick of people taking the piss out of his 'fey ways' and sick of his flailing, wailing Smiths 'image'. That's why he didn't like that daft clip of 'Stars in Your Eyes' on Wossy.

Johnny is confident, not aggressive. Maybe Moz was just sick of people taking the piss out of his 'fey ways' and sick of his flailing, wailing Smiths 'image'. That's why he didn't like that daft clip of 'Stars in Your Eyes' on Wossy.

Aggressive was the word Morrissey used.

I think he was using it to mean determined & not shy of a confrontation, rather than thuggish.

Aggressive was the word Morrissey used.

I think he was using it to mean determined & not shy of a confrontation, rather than thuggish.
Where/when?

Back
Top Bottom