Morrissey Friends

M

MuteWitness616

It's a terrible thing to not have a friend who enjoy Morrissey's voice as much as I do... Is anyone else in my shoes?

I'm lucky enough to be surrounded, for the most part, by people who like Moz. That's with the exception of one roommate who gets so annoyed when I listen to my sweet Morrissey. We've got into arguments on several occasions because I guess I play him too much. I don't understand what "too much" is. It's not in my Moz dictionary. Does not compute.

I'm in a situation where most people I know enjoy the same music as I do, but Morrissey stands alone as one I enjoy that they just can't grasp/appreciate. Not heavy enough maybe? I don't know, he's very much an acquired taste. You really can't get other people into him, though, as you say, by playing a bunch of his songs, no matter how good they may be. It's very much a personal thing. A song hits you in a certain way, you delve deeper, and the appreciation comes from within. That's how I see it, at least.

Mine are half and half. Friends from work etc just do not get it. Other friends do, which is obviously MUCH more amenable. I get tired of trying to defend and sing the praises of him to them so generally dont bother. A lot of these people I couldn't see as Moz fans anyhow. Nor would I particularly want to.

My friends either don't know Morrissey or they don't like him. It's their loss, not mine. :cool:

...I used to get almost physically assaulted in my work place ( Ford factory, Halewood, UK) EVERY time The Smiths were on Top of the pops, etc back in the '80s. just because I liked them....
( A " professional "Football Hooligan I worked with nearly tore my throat out because of the title of "Frankly Mr. Shankly" because he was a Liverpool FC fan....( Hi Marty!!) and he thought it was A "Manc" having a go at Liverpool FC's Deceased manager.
I actually played it to him on my Walkman, So he could hear the song for himself, before slaughtering me, and he then asked if he could hear the rest of the album, so I lent him the Walkman.
he was last seen Dancing around, waving Car wiring around like Flowers, shouting "These are F**king good, These"....
And then I gave him some "Cramps" to listen to.....
The rest is history!!!
Most of my mates Love Mozzer as much as me, and Amazingly enough..they all "Get" his Sense of humour with the lyrics....

...I
( A " professional "Football Hooligan I worked with nearly tore my throat out because of the title of "Frankly Mr. Shankly" because he was a Liverpool FC fan....( Hi Marty!!) and he thought it was A "Manc" having a go at Liverpool FC's Deceased manager.
I actually played it to him on my Walkman, So he could hear the song for himself, before slaughtering me, and he then asked if he could hear the rest of the album, so I lent him the Walkman.
he was last seen Dancing around, waving Car wiring around like Flowers, shouting "These are F**king good, These"....
The rest is history!!!
nice story:)..did he see any concerts?

My roommate went from hating Morrissey to liking him and seeing him live and willing to go to another show should he come around again. Not a huge fan but it's better than nothing.

...I used to get almost physically assaulted in my work place ( Ford factory, Halewood, UK) EVERY time The Smiths were on Top of the pops, etc back in the '80s. just because I liked them....
The rest is history!!!
Most of my mates Love Mozzer as much as me, and Amazingly enough..they all "Get" his Sense of humour with the lyrics....

:eek:
what a story..

Only my brother and I like Moz/Smiths..It's funny, he got me into them, and now I'm a bigger fan than he is :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom