Morrissey expresses gratitude for loving messages after his son Dude's death - "so little time"

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/so-little-time

SO LITTLE TIME
January 21, 2020

"My deepest thanks to all the loving messages that reached me on the sudden death yesterday of my son, Dude. Of course, I'll be an emotional wreck for months and months to come. But … haven't I always been? Dude will always go wherever I go. He is me.
Believe me, heartfelt thanks."
- Morrissey.

full

photograph S.E.R.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not acceptable to refer to a cat as your son unless you've taught it to ride a bike.

Uncleskinny why the ‘dislike’ ? Was it the ‘better days ahead’ that put you off?
can’t relate to something that positive?

I can't be arsed calculating, but what proportion of posts on his, errr, 'site' are death-related? A guess - 40% to 50% right now

I can't be arsed calculating, but what proportion of posts on his, errr, 'site' are death-related? A guess - 40% to 50% right now
I can't be arsed calculating, but I wonder what proportion of your posts are embarrassing, know-f***-all, tedious, repetitive shite. A guess - 99% to 100% right now and for the past 10 years.

You utter, utter twat.

Of course,they f***ing are!
1)He is Morrissey
2) He is a 60 year old man. His heroes, friends , contemporaries and now are dying.
His own mortality is now a reality.

It was one thing when he sang of death(usually romatically) in his 20s/30s/40s.
He knew it was coming intellectually but now he is feeling it coming.

Uncleskinny why the ‘dislike’ ? Was it the ‘better days ahead’ that put you off?
can’t relate to something that positive?

& why wonder about how many times Morrissey - that's famously optimistic & life-loving Morrissey - is posting about death????

SO LITTLE TIME
January 21, 2020

"My deepest thanks to all the loving messages that reached me on the sudden death yesterday of my son, Dude. Of course, I'll be an emotional wreck for months and months to come. But … haven't I always been? Dude will always go wherever I go. He is me.
- Morrissey.

full

photograph S.E.R.

Related item:
"I love cats because I enjoy my home, little by little they become its visible soul." - Jean Cocteau.
What a beautiful soul.

also hemingway shed tears over the death of his cat "uncle willie".

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/mar/30/ernest-hemingway-letters-reveal-softer-side
(sorry for the guardian link)

In February 1953, Hemingway wrote to Ivancich of his pain at having to shoot his cat, Willie, after it was hit by a car. "Certainly missed you. Miss Uncle Willie. Have had to shoot people but never anyone I knew and loved for eleven years. Nor anyone that purred with two broken legs," wrote the author, also revealing the heartless behaviour of a group of tourists who arrived at his house the same day. "I still had the rifle and I explained to them they had come at a bad time and to please understand and go away. But the rich Cadillac psycho said, 'We have come at a most interesting time. Just in time to see the great Hemingway cry because he has to kill a cat.'"

ernest-hemingway-quotes-02-830x467.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SO LITTLE TIME
January 21, 2020

- Morrissey.

full

photograph S.E.R.

Related item:
I've tried, really tried,to be extraordinarily moved by the cats death.
But I just can't understand why Morrissey can support 'For Britain' yet issue that about a cat. I've had cats all my life, and know the pain when they die or are killed by cars.
He knows NOTHING about human life.
Living an isolated life of luxury and privilege.
SO DON'T EVER PONTIFICATE TO ME.
You absolute 100% f***ing arsehole. 21/01/2020.

Of course,they f***ing are!
1)He is Morrissey
2) He is a 60 year old man. His heroes, friends , contemporaries and now are dying.
His own mortality is now a reality.

It was one thing when he sang of death(usually romatically) in his 20s/30s/40s.
He knew it was coming intellectually but now he is feeling it coming.
once you hit fifty it just hits you that you could literally die at any moment,scary as,not me of course,I will still be kicking around in thirty or forty years time till I start pishing my troosers, then it will be time to go.

jack kerouak was very attached to his cat tyke
enhanced-buzz-13948-1346964029-5.jpg

"Jack also loved cats, especially his cat Tyke, whose unfortunate passing he wrote about in loving detail in his memoir Big Sur.

"The next sign is in Frisco itself where after a night of perfect sleep in an old skid row hotel room I go to see Monsanto at his City Lights bookstore and he's smiling and glad to see me, says 'We were coming out to see you next weekend you should have waited,' but there something else in his expression -- When we're alone he says, 'Your mother wrote and said your cat is dead.'

Ordinarily the death of a cat means little to most men, a lot to fewer men, but to me, and that cat, it was exactly and no lie and sincerely like the death of my little brother -- I loved Tyke with all my heart, he was my baby who as a kitten just slept in the palm of my hand and with his little head hanging down, or just purring for hours, just as long as I held him that way, walking or sitting -- He was like a floppy fur wrap around my wrist, I just twist him around my wrist or drape him and he just purred and purred and even when he got big I still held him that way, I could even hold that big cat in both hands with my arms outstretched right over my head and he'd just purr, he had complete confidence in me -- and when I'd left New York to come to my retreat in the woods I'd carefully kissed him and instructed him to wait for me 'Attends pour mue kitigingoo' -- But my mother said in the letter he had died the NIGHT AFTER I LEFT."

××××÷÷÷÷××××÷÷÷÷
Holding up my

purring cat to the moon

I sighed."

- Jack Kerouac, American Haiku, 1959

more inspiring cat stories can be found here:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/30-renowned-authors-inspired-by-cats

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom