Morrissey Dreams

Last night I dreamt that...

I was going to the Hull gig which was all seated so when I found my seat (9 rows from the front) I decided to go and hunt for Moz. There was a big sports field and at the other end was where Morrissey was getting ready, so I went over and my old English teacher was sat at the window, signing autographs on Morrissey's behalf. He refused to sign my arm though.

Then I headed back over to where the gig was and it had already started, and I kept trying to get nearer the front. Morrissey kept smiling at me and asking if I was OK. Then after the gig me and him went on a walk to watch this local football match, I linked arms with him but then he held my hand and I was so happy :sweet:

Alas, just a dream :tears:

I some twisted reversal of fortune i had a dream that my mum was marrying Morrissey. She was saying how great it'd be for Moz to be my dad.... no mum, that would be sick. I'm still a bit miserable about it, sad i know.

I had a bizarre dream about Morrissey coming around for dinner and my father (who's a chef) was cooking for him and I was stressed out because my dad couldn't understand the idea of vegetarian!

Everything that he cooked used some sort of animal by-product, or had oysters in it or something! I woke up in a cold sweat, luckily it was just a dream...

I some twisted reversal of fortune i had a dream that my mum was marrying Morrissey. She was saying how great it'd be for Moz to be my dad.... no mum, that would be sick. I'm still a bit miserable about it, sad i know.

:eek:

Last night I dreamt that Morrissey released 'Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed' as the new single, but, for a joke, he'd changed loads of the lyrics to include Jesse's name - like "Jesse, why did you do it" and "Jesse is nothing much to lose". The video was set in a deserted town that looked like something from a western, and it showed Morrissey performing the song outside a grotty motel. Jesse and Matt were the only band members present, and at one point in the video Morrissey put Jesse in a headlock and started strangling him. During the final chorus, Jesse pushed Moz over.
Anyway, my friend and I standing in a queue at a convenience shop discussing the video when Jesse walked in, so we went over and said hello. We asked him about the video and he rolled his eyes and sighed, and said "Morrissey wants everyone to know who's got a bigger arse. That's why he used all those long shots." :squiffy: We pretended we understood, and shook his hand and told him our names. He smiled and replied to me "It's nice to meet the face behind the name" and produced the sleeve for 'Mama', and showed me my name in the acknowledgements, but I couldn't understand why it was there. Then he said goodbye and left, and we noticed he's bought a chicken sandwich and we worried that he'd fallen out with Morrissey. :blushing:

I had dreamt of Morrissey a couple of months before I joined this forum. It was a really rather strange dream. In the dream I was backstage at a concert I do not remember who was playing. I was sitting on a couch with Morrissey on one side and Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue on the other. Well Nikki was bemoaning on how his musical legacy is shit and that nobody was going to remember his band. Well, I felt sorry for him and was trying to think of songs from the Crue that were actually good. All I could come up with were the songs that they play at topless bars. I told him that as long as there are topless bars, his music will be remembered. Meanwhile, Morrissey is on my other side with his head on my shoulder, whispering very seductively into my ear. He was trying to get me to go home with him. Well being married and hetero, I was extremely flatterred and actually considered it in my dream. I then woke up from my sleep with a sheepish grin. Told my wife the dream. She says I would have went home with him because of me extreme devotion to him. She is probably right. Feels good to get that off my chest, thanks!:squiffy:

Your dream would please this crowd ten times more if you were actually Johnny Marr. :rolleyes:

I have recurring Morrissey dreams. Dream usually involves Morrissey holding some sort of open Q & A, and me having to push through scores of people from another event to get to the front. I finally get down there and rack my brains for something clever to ask but draw a blank...

Yours?

theres a naked man standing laughing in your dreeeeamms,you know who it is,but you dont like what it means!!!:lbf:danny k from hull

A few nights ago, I dreamt that I was at a Morrissey concert in Sheffield in a.. field. It was really odd. I was in the front row and he asked a few of us our names and was quite chatty.

Right then. Last night I dreamt Morrissey was performing on a stage at the front of one of my lecture rooms at university, and then started playing "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore," but cut off the first half of the song and started with the "All of the gifts that they gave..." part. I pulled him down so he could hear me and asked if he did that because it's going to be a future single, if it was like a single edit version.

He said yes and I was incredibly happy. The end.

took a few too many Tylenol PM's a had my first Moz dream. We were on a packed tour bus, Moz included, and wound up in front of my house. We all got out & Moz did a show in the middle of my street..lol wtf

I haven't had a Morrissey dream :tears::tears:

Had lots of Doctor Who dreams (mmm David Tennant) and a Robin Hood dream about Guy of Gisborne (mmmm Richard Armitage) :lbf:

I'd love a Morrissey dream but i fear my mind would refuse to let me awake and i'd spend the rest of my life stuck in the dream.. Still would be worth it though, right?

It's so cliched but I dream about Morrissey a LOT. They always have the same theme, predictably we become friends I of course am the only one who understands him! He recognises this - is so grateful and the dream is always around that.

However, quite often it takes on another form where we end up kissing ha ha(swoon - great dreams these ones) but thats as far as it goes (wonder why?!!!)

My fave dream about Moz that I'll never forget he came to pick me up from this shitty student house I used to live in in his car that he leaves the venues in - him sat in the back - and wants me to run away with him!!! Ah!

OK. I'm officially sick of the recurring moz dreams. Just when I think I am over my obsession (its been 20 years almost) another goddamn dream pops into my empty head! Last night, another concert.. I think all of my dreams in this thread have taken place at concerts. This one was at some type of open air venue where everyone was eating... almost like a food court you would see at a mall. Made it on stage (easy) but was given the cold shoulder by Moz. He dodged me and kind of pushed me away. Asshole.

I have recurring Morrissey dreams. Dream usually involves Morrissey holding some sort of open Q & A, and me having to push through scores of people from another event to get to the front. I finally get down there and rack my brains for something clever to ask but draw a blank...

Yours?

i had this strange dream where moz was in the toilets of a gig i went to,i told him that i was with a new girlfriend and was trying to impress her and asked if he could say hello to me,like he knew me on the mike when he went back on stage.so when he went back on stage he started singing how soon is now,halfway through the song he stopped and said"ladies and gentlemen,id just like to say hello to my dear friend Danny from Hull"i replied"f*** off moz,im busy"then my alarm clock went off;);

i had this strange dream where moz was in the toilets of a gig i went to,i told him that i was with a new girlfriend and was trying to impress her and asked if he could say hello to me,like he knew me on the mike when he went back on stage.so when he went back on stage he started singing how soon is now,halfway through the song he stopped and said"ladies and gentlemen,id just like to say hello to my dear friend Danny from Hull"i replied"f*** off moz,im busy"then my alarm clock went off;);

:rofl:

I had a VERY vivid dream a year or so ago that I can't remember if I posted... and I'm not going to go looking for it. The gist was that Morrissey had his *people* create a virtual Morrissey experience for us so he could give us the love we crave without having to form big relationships with all of us. It was a dim room and you'd go in and there was Morrissey, but it was a virtual Morrissey. It didn't speak. It only communicated in facial expressions and body language. It hugged. It nestled. You could pet it. It was kind of wonderful. But it wasn't real.

At the end of the dream I remember feeling like it was nice of him to care about us enough to do that for us.

Heh.

:lbf: at the petting part... But cute dream :D
As for me, I am positive that I had a dream guest-starring Moz the other night, but I cannot for the life of me remember what actually happened in it :mad: hmmm...

Last edited:
This one's a little long and very detailed....

I dreamed last night that I was at a Morrissey concert. It was in something like a large parking lot, with some general admission standing in front of the stage, and some assigned areas for people to stand, kind of like parking spaces. The crowd was very sparse, yet people stood very politely in their spots. I was in one of those spaces, quite far from the stage. So, Moz did Let Me Kiss You, It's Not Your Birthday Any More, and some other songs. Suddenly, in the middle of a song, he jumped down off the stage and ran up an "aisle," and stopped very close to where I was. There was a lady who was holding a scrap of paper and a pen, and Morrissey gestured as if he'd autograph her paper, but she backed away. He said into his microphone, "Oh, you're shy, you're shy." Then I rummaged through my purse and pulled out an envelope and a pen. I ran towards him saying, "But I'm not!" I grabbed him and hugged him, shoving the envelope and pen into his hand. I just clung to him while I told him my name, for some reason spelling out my last name for him (it's my habit to actually do this, cause no one can spell or say my name correctly). He scrawled my name and his signature the best he could on the envelope, since he was holding the envelope against his hand as he wrote. Then he ran back up to the stage, and I went back to my spot and did some sort of celebratory dance. I took some videos of him with my camera absentmindedly. Later, I was showing one of the videos to my pregnant co-worker. It turns out Moz had executed a perfect swan dive into the crowd in front of the stage at one point. I exclaimed something like, "And he's fifty years old! FIFTY YEARS OLD!!"

Back
Top Bottom