Morrissey currently has 1,845,965 monthly listeners on Spotify

That may be true, but Morrissey and The Smiths have taken a hit since it aired in the UK. I'm surprised that The Smiths have taken a bigger hit than Morrissey. It could be a short-term drop. Who knows? Take a look next week and see I guess.

I doubt it's related to the show. Numbers go up & down. Restrictions have lifted etc.

I doubt it's related to the show. Numbers go up & down. Restrictions have lifted etc.

It isn't a coincidence, Nerak. I had another thread on here that tracked Morrissey. They didn't drop once:

It isn't a coincidence, Nerak. I had another thread on here that tracked Morrissey. They didn't drop once:

Who is watching it in 2021? I guess we'll see where it goes.

Not sure why anyone gets carried away/hung up by Spotify monthly listeners, in a lot of cases they are driven by a moment in time. James are up by about 5ok on last months figures and are now at 2.25m monthly listeners but only because they are drip feeding tracks from their forthcoming album. Other than that it seems to be bands who have had massive iconic hits in their past that increase month on month , Oasis being an example who still get nearly 16 million monthly listens or up and coming bands like The 1975 who get over 10 million.

Not sure why anyone gets carried away/hung up by Spotify monthly listeners, in a lot of cases they are driven by a moment in time. James are up by about 5ok on last months figures and are now at 2.25m monthly listeners but only because they are drip feeding tracks from their forthcoming album. Other than that it seems to be bands who have had massive iconic hits in their past that increase month on month , Oasis being an example who still get nearly 16 million monthly listens or up and coming bands like The 1975 who get over 10 million.

Nobody is getting carried away.

Just look at Morrissey'sand The Smiths' figures in this thread prior to The Simpsons episode airing in the UK. Then look at todays.

Something is happening:

Morrissey now has:

1,840,658 monthly listeners - a drop of 37,770 since last Thursday

812,256 followers

The Smiths have:

6,195,066 monthly listeners - a drop of 58,577 since last Thursday

2,638,801 followers

Morrissey now has:

1,808,238 monthly listeners - Still dropping

816,995 followers

The Smiths have:

6,184,799 monthly listeners - Still dropping