Morrissey confirmed for Riot Fest

UPDATE May 27:
TTY: Chicago Riot Fest back on

UPDATE May 23:

TTY: Morrissey not part of Chicago Riot Fest as of May 23

UPDATE 6:58 AM PT:

Morrissey is listed on the official Riot Fest lineup page for Chicago (Sep. 16, 17, 18). Tickets on sale now.

Riot Fest reveals 2016 lineup, and it’s batshit crazy - Consequence Of Sound
Chicago and Denver events boast Morrissey, Ween, Deftones, Death Grips, Sleater-Kinney, NAS, Rob Zombie, Refused, and many more

Excerpt:

Riot Fest has revealed the lineups for its upcoming festivals in Chicago and Denver.

Now in its 12th year, the festival’s flagship event, Riot Fest Chicago, takes place September 16th – 18th at Douglas Park. And, once again, the lineup is absolutely bonkers.

In addition to a previously announced reunion of the Misfits’ founding members, the lineup boasts Morrissey, Ween, Social Distortion (performing White Light, White Heat, White Trash), Rob Zombie (performing White Zombie’s Astro-Creep: 2000), Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New, NAS, Deftones, Refused, Death Grips, Descendents, The Specials, Foo Fighters side-project Chevy Metal, and Fugazi offshoot Girls Against Boys.

38697_chicago_2016_admat_WEB2-662x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a feeling about this for some strange reason.

Cue additional late summer/fall US dates.

Moz joins the D list acts.
Misfits that were unknown when they were together is the big headline.
Ill be surprised if this even takes place.
Moz is out place here, probably will end up walking off stage if it happens.

No way this is a meat-free event. I could smell Portillo's hot dogs from here.

It's times like these I miss living in Chicago. Not the walking backwards into a 50 mile an hour wind when it is 10 below zero in the winter, or melting like an ice cube on a burning sidewalk in the summer. The weather in September should make for an excellent outdoor musical experience.

I would be most interested to see Juliette Lewis & the Licks perform. She was on Howard Stern and mentioned her band. Most actors want to be in a band, but I always liked her as a person. She seems down to earth and up for anything.

Oh sweet 6lb 7oz baby Jesus thank you for this year's Riot Fest Lineup! I bought my 3 Day pass when I saw MOZ was playing then I saw everyone else: The Misfits, The Specials, Social Distortion, NAS, GZA, Method and Redman!!! This fest blows Lolla out of the water!

Do you normally add piss to your cereal or was today a special occasion?

D-List acts?? Just because you don't even know 90 percent of the bands playing does not make them D List; I've always dreamed of Moz playing this festival. This fest has been the best music festival in the country hands down.

If I recall correctly, a recent TTY post stated that live shows would be suspended indefinitely until there was a new record deal/new material to promote. He could have changed his mind for various reasons, but I can't help wondering whether bigger news is on the way.

If I recall correctly, a recent TTY post stated that live shows would be suspended indefinitely until there was a new record deal/new material to promote. He could have changed his mind for various reasons...

Probably got a new tax bill. Expect him to conveniently forget that he's vowed never to play the UK again at some point in the next couple of years, as well. Anyway, there's no way he'll do at least one isolated festival show, so there will at least be some warm up dates around September. Don't know if I can be arsed to go to a festival - they generally suck.

Probably got a new tax bill. Expect him to conveniently forget that he's vowed never to play the UK again at some point in the next couple of years, as well. Anyway, there's no way he'll do at least one isolated festival show, so there will at least be some warm up dates around September. Don't know if I can be arsed to go to a festival - they generally suck.
That's because you have yet to attend Riot Fest.

Hell yes (an alkaline trio reference)

Aside from moz I'd love to see

The descendants (good god they've got a new album coming out yay)

Social distortion

Brand new (love the album god and the devil are raging inside me)

Slater Kinney

Deftones

The specials

Girls against boys

Death cab

Nofx

Thursday ( again hell yes that's gonna a great show)

Glassjaw ( just wow)

Meat puppets

Leftover crack

White lung

Sure some of these are slated for the Denver show but I hope they play all of them or both at this point

Bands that can be missed with malice

The misfits

Refused (who are terrible and have been coasting on new noise now for over a decade or two)

Death grips

Morrissey would be in great company here and at Least a few of the bands openly love him or his music

I know for Morrissey this is easy. A 20 minute set and only a 3 hour flight from L.A., but does he even have any fans left outside of California?
I hope this doesn't end up like that festival in I think some place like New Hampshire last summer that had the crowd completely disinterested and chanting KFC...KFC....KFC. Chicago and Denver people sure love their meat. Anonymous-

Saw Bob Mould in Manchester earlier this year, he is fantastic!
I like him alright. Don't really care for husker du but sugar was good. Wouldn't mind seeing his set at all along with the dandy war holes in Denver. Saw them play a New Years Christmas show and they were good

Misfits unknown? Have you been living under a rock for 30 years? probably the most famous American hardcore band of all time. You see that crimson skull logo literally everywhere. Now, Morrissey walking off is a possibility because the last couple of year have been a mudfest and I don't think he'll take too kindly to mud being thrown at the stage which I'm sure will happen. But Elvis Costello headlines one night last year and he did fine, so…

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom