Morrissey confirmed for Riot Fest

UPDATE May 27:
TTY: Chicago Riot Fest back on

UPDATE May 23:

TTY: Morrissey not part of Chicago Riot Fest as of May 23

UPDATE 6:58 AM PT:

Morrissey is listed on the official Riot Fest lineup page for Chicago (Sep. 16, 17, 18). Tickets on sale now.

Riot Fest reveals 2016 lineup, and it’s batshit crazy - Consequence Of Sound
Chicago and Denver events boast Morrissey, Ween, Deftones, Death Grips, Sleater-Kinney, NAS, Rob Zombie, Refused, and many more

Excerpt:

Riot Fest has revealed the lineups for its upcoming festivals in Chicago and Denver.

Now in its 12th year, the festival’s flagship event, Riot Fest Chicago, takes place September 16th – 18th at Douglas Park. And, once again, the lineup is absolutely bonkers.

In addition to a previously announced reunion of the Misfits’ founding members, the lineup boasts Morrissey, Ween, Social Distortion (performing White Light, White Heat, White Trash), Rob Zombie (performing White Zombie’s Astro-Creep: 2000), Death Cab For Cutie, Brand New, NAS, Deftones, Refused, Death Grips, Descendents, The Specials, Foo Fighters side-project Chevy Metal, and Fugazi offshoot Girls Against Boys.

38697_chicago_2016_admat_WEB2-662x1024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple things:
1.) Nice to see the "retirement" from playing live is short lived
2.) Does Morrissey actually live in LA again ... and I'm the last one to get the memo? He seems to be here a lot, but I assumed it was for business reasons, etc.

I thought he said he retired from playing th u.k. And not everywhere. I also think he said he
I'm vets all over the world at this point but I've no idea really.

Damn missed tigers jaw and the wonder years. I've posted a bunch of there stuff here over the last year and really love vet both bands. Needs some modern baseball and it'd be a p.a. Trifecta

Couple things:
1.) Nice to see the "retirement" from playing live is short lived
2.) Does Morrissey actually live in LA again ... and I'm the last one to get the memo? He seems to be here a lot, but I assumed it was for business reasons, etc.
He says he hasnt a permanent fixture anywhere, dont know anything about houses other thab apparently has one in the uk somewhere.
Moz lived in LA for a while so i assume he has friends and things he likes there so its not unusual he visits quite often.

Misfits unknown? Have you been living under a rock for 30 years? probably the most famous American hardcore band of all time. You see that crimson skull logo literally everywhere. Now, Morrissey walking off is a possibility because the last couple of year have been a mudfest and I don't think he'll take too kindly to mud being thrown at the stage which I'm sure will happen. But Elvis Costello headlines one night last year and he did fine, so…

Yes unknown. That hardcore stuff only appeales to a tiny segment of derelicts, who know nothing about music but choose to attend concers in order to bang and bounce into each other. They 'music' is irrelevant as long as its nothing with any sensibility.

Moz must really need the cash to subject himself to such a booking where they will surely will torment hims with shouts of KFC if they recognize him at all

Odds are that none of the bands on this fest have a proper record conctract but self release or use a do it a home record label.
Million dollar sellers you wont find on any of the stages. Sort of company Moz has always avoided, as he preferred glitz and glamour not mud and grasscakes.
Because must pay for food he must then do it. I wonder what Damon will make of the surroundings.

Riot Fest is one of the most vegan-friendly fests out there, if not THE MOST vegan friendly fest.
Based on last year's food vendors, it most certainly IS NOT meat-free. Corn dogs, pulled pork, beef of all kinds.

Got my ticket this morning. I'm going to be in town that weekend to see Belly on Saturday and Lush on Sunday both at the Vic. If Morrissey (actually) plays on Friday night I will be super happy!! Otherwise I'm going to have to make some decisions. I would think the Misfits(the big headliners) would be Saturday? But I'm not sure how they do it at this fest. I do agree it's an odd lineup for him to be in the middle of. I really hope he doesn't back out...

He has lived in L.A. since 1996 and does not have a "place in the UK" or Switzerland or Portugal or whatever place delusional fans like to post here. Obviously he has always wanted to get as far away from the UK as he can. He also bought a plot at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Get it? He wouldn't even be caught dead in the UK. Anonymous-

Last edited:
He has lived in L.A. since 1996 and does not have a "place in the UK" or Switzerland or Portugal or whatever place delusional fans like to post here. Obviously he has always wanted to get as far away from the UK as he can. He also bought a plot at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Get it? He wouldn't even be caught dead in LA. Anonymous-
Who said anything about him not being caught dead in LA, is he not allowed to go anywhere else in the world or something? or own a house for that matter.

I thought he said he retired from playing th u.k. And not everywhere. I also think he said he
I'm vets all over the world at this point but I've no idea really.
Trifecta

Right, but then he cancelled the other leg of the tour and with the state of his recording contract ... there was speculation on here that maybe he was done. While I didn't necessarily believe that, just saying I'm glad that's not the case.

Please more tour dates, can i get greedy and ask for at least a mini US tour?

Right, but then he cancelled the other leg of the tour and with the state of his recording contract ... there was speculation on here that maybe he was done. While I didn't necessarily believe that, just saying I'm glad that's not the case.

If he was done I'd imagine a statement would be made.

There are some big sellers there at least for a few people in there time prime etc such as jimmy eat world death cab for cutie. He's also gonna be in good company as I imagine a bunch of you guys are older and not from here but must remember the deftones, who's white Poney also sold a few records, got a compliment from moz not long ago when chino was wearing a moz shirt at a show and of course a lot of people have mentioned brand new writing a song about morrissey and the smiths. I really wish I could go to this as its gonna be amazing. As for the misfits, they're kinda like the ramones or cbgbs being more of a tee shirt band than an act beloved for there music. Many wear the logo and look who couldn't name a single song. I'm not a fan myself but at least the drama of the two touring acts caLled the misfits will be put to bed and that'll be that. I think the replacements played last year which was awesome. I'm thinking of killing my wife to go just to see Thursday and Glassjaw play

Basement are a really good band and of course I must shout out to a Baltimore band, war on women. I'd watch bad relish for like the millionth time I guess though I'm not a big fan of the later albums. Same with the vadals. I love that morrissey will be playing this. I think this will be a really good audience for him but I wonder what the settling will be. Also a shout out to Jerry Finn would go down really well with this crowd as many there will know and miss him. Bands and attendees

Mozzer and Ween at the same gig? I wish I was in Chicago. As for the rest of the fillers I guess you need time to walk around and stretch your legs.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom