Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Hopefully, Ringleader of the Tormentors will get a decent remaster so people can finally hear it properly for what it is: his only truly great album this century.

I do t think it’s the only good thing he’s done but it is a great album hampered in ways it shouldn’t

What meltdown are you on about? You don't know anything really, apart from what's in your head.
You seem to continuously over-analyse, & over-dramatise to the point of extreme annoyance; seems like it's your nature. Maybe you're in a rut of your own, & need to get out of it yourself.
Just wait until it comes out, then make a judgement, if you still feel the need.

publicity meltdown - & I do over-analyse & over-dramatise, because that's what the media/social media does. That's the business.

Yawn...yes of course you did...oh deluded one.
Just out of interest though, what did the toilet attendant have to say, actually?

he's in marketing, but it is vaguely similar...

He said just what I said he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing obviously politically toxic in the titles at least, so maybe we be spared an album of far-right diatribes, which was my main worry. Then again, people claimed 'Jacky' was all about Brexit, so people will read shit into anything.

I worry about right-wing diatribes, I even worry he'd do it just because you're not meant to. But, he has never done it before (as someone else pointed out) so fingers crossed.

They need to be chained or else they will cheat around cause they are all whores or as we call them in Sweden:

SLYNDJUR!

Reminds me it is time to feed the 3 bitches in my bunker. If they get pregnant the kid is the food.
get back to the dark web ya rat and take your filth with you.

I'm thrilled. The prospect of a new Moz album PLUS reissues of old (hard to get on vinyl) albums? Assuming its not just CD reissues BMG are planning??!!!
Last time I saw a vinyl of Southpaw on music stack it was $300. If I'd known it could go for that much I'd never have given away my second copy.

True, the most interesting part is that he is getting dropped from his label. They aren't interested in any more of his new stuff, just his older, better stuff!
While it is true that his contract is up, I’m not sure they’re more interested in his older stuff. And who knows, maybe they’ll offer him a new contract? Time will tell.

While it is true that his contract is up, I’m not sure they’re more interested in his older stuff. And who knows, maybe they’ll offer him a new contract? Time will tell.
Yes but that twat wants him to be dropped from the label. It has nothing to do with actual logic. If they were more interested in his older stuff why give him a contract for three albums? I'd say wanting to rerelease his back catalogue is a sign they want him to re-sign.

Last edited:
Yes but that twat wants him to be dropped from the label. It has nothing to do with actual logic. If they were more interested in his older stuff why give him a contract for three albums? I'd say wanting to rerelease his back catalogue is a sign they want him to resign.

Did you mean re-sign (as in sign up again), or resign?

My internship with Epstein wasn't a complete waste of time after all.
Yes, there will always be a place for your sort at the BBC if the royals get sick of you. Jim Jim falls will fix it for you, inbred cretin hoor.

Yes but that twat wants him to be dropped from the label. It has nothing to do with actual logic. If they were more interested in his older stuff why give him a contract for three albums? I'd say wanting to rerelease his back catalogue is a sign they want him to resign.
You could very well be right. Makes a helluva lot more sense than BMG not wanting anything to do with him despite reissuing his back catalogue.

tenor.gif

Actually, this would be a good title for the album. Kind of like "Viva Hate"..."Good Grief" like finding an appreciation for grief.,,,or not.
I like it. Sort of an older, wearier 'Viva Hate'. Like someone who can no longer be bothered to get angry.
It's a lot better than what he's proposing, that's for sure.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom