Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Yes, IANADOAC - good cover art please
And 5+ vinyl editions.
Looking forward to hearing.

Nationalists across the world are ready to support you and fly the flag of free speech and beat down all the snowflake lefties that dare come close to any venues.

Bobby is Bobby Charlton.
Ruth is Dr. Ruth

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

This is the main takeaway - good, bad or indifferent - make the most of this one, as it's likely to be the last new original Morrissey studio album in a long time, possibly ever. Morrissey struggled like crazy to find a record company last time, and that was before his right-wing public profile meltdown of the past couple of years. I find it very hard to see how anyone will want the negativity of having him signed to their label now - it's just not worth all the hassle and bad publicity. Unless maybe For Britain have the money to start their own boutique record label?

Very excited as always for a new Moz album, but even the title sounds like he’s moaning already. I reckon it’s gonna be a tedious listen of finger pointing and blame gaming for everything he’s been called out on over the last year.

Very excited as always for a new Moz album, but even the title sounds like he’s moaning already. I reckon it’s gonna be a tedious listen of finger pointing and blame gaming for everything he’s been called out on over the last year.
So his best album since Viva Hate then!

Sounds lovely and he will scare away the last few snowflakes and declare Manchester to be the arse of the wolrld full of communists that he wants to see dead.

Yeah, hadn't Korda Marshall or somebody originally said that they anticipated this being a long-haul association?
Yes, he did in this Music Week interview from 2017.

MW: What else does his partnership with BMG cover?

Korda: We have also signed the publishing going forward as well [worldwide for future releases]. It’s a long-term relationship.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom