Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Too good to be true, he says...
I have high hopes for the Shit is on its way out and Darling, I bite a pillow. And the special honour goes to the solo resident The Truth a.k.a. Dr. Ruth. You are famous now!

What are you so happy about? Can you read? He also killed his recording contract!

:lbf:

Le Pew, hes having many remasters put out by BMG :lbf:

when he gets ready to make a new album then he will make the new contract.:rock::rock:

after this new album he will take a break and relax and kick back and laugh at the
newer :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: album which nobody will care about. AGAIN. :laughing:
(probably recorded by Jr Le Pew as Sr Le Pew is bed ridden:pray: he ll make Jr hurry up
and make a sucko album so as to use some of the Moz publicity as he always does, the cuck)

The other thing to keep in mind is that a post on Central isn't a guarantee that any of this will actually happen.

That's what I was thinking, pretty ambitious release schedule for someone whose contract is up. Is there really a market for the re-mastered albums? I'll bet BMG will see how the new album does first. In other words, all that information is a smokescreen to mask losing another label.

So he was signed to a three album deal late in life and after searching hard for a label and still released a covers album. Must have really meant something to share those songs.
Well, that or 'here's an easy way to make some money and give BMG one of the albums they payed for'. Morrissey's career has certainly had a few cases of what look suspiciously like 'contractual obligation albums' (eg: 'World of Morrissey', 'Greatest Hits' etc) - hell, even back to the days of 'Rank' which - great as it is - was only released to get out of the deal with Rough Trade. From the outside it looks as though he's desperate to get a record deal - then each time he gets one, something sours and he tries to fulfull his obligations and get out as soon as possible.

:lbf:

Le Pew, hes having many remasters put out by BMG :lbf:

when he gets ready to make a new album then he will make the new contract.:rock::rock:

after this new album he will take a break and relax and kick back and laugh at the
newer :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: album which nobody will care about. AGAIN. :laughing:
(probably recorded by Jr Le Pew as Sr Le Pew is bed ridden:pray: he ll make Jr hurry up
and make a sucko album so as to use some of the Moz publicity as he always does, the cuck)
This is why you shouldn't drink while pregnant, ladies.

Interesting to hear that Live At Hollywood Bowl is finally getting an official release

Yes, I can’t wait for this. I think that gig was excellent; a truly great set-list.

Strange that it is listed as a reissue, though, seeing as it has never been released.

It’s a real shame that Beethoven, & Earl’s Court aren’t getting the same treatment.

Yet to see any kind of dog on a chain.

Is he morphing into Robert Smith recycling the same words all the time?

Next Moz single:

"High as a kite".

The other thing to keep in mind is that a post on Central isn't a guarantee that any of this will actually happen.
A bit like the news that you broke about being a recording artist. Still not over that nerdy video you made.

I will never listen to anything from this racist klansman again. Any of you who listen to or buy his awful music are actively aiding and abetting white supremacy. Shame on all of you.

Get a grip & try sorting out your life, as it’s obviously not going very well.

sounds like a mix of suicidal Americana, anti-Authoritarian bombast & love rejections, with a 1960s slant. I'll probably like the songs & hate the production. It does all feel like he wants to be exiled & die forsaken in a hotel room somewhere, like Oscar. I wish he'd snap out of it.

Yes, he did in this Music Week interview from 2017.

MW: What else does his partnership with BMG cover?

Korda: We have also signed the publishing going forward as well [worldwide for future releases]. It’s a long-term relationship.

Well, when it comes to Morrissey, three albums is definitely a long-term relationship.

Any of you who listen to or buy his awful music are actively aiding and abetting white supremacy.
How does me listening to 'First of the Gang to Die' (as a random exaample) aid white supremacy? Are black folks keeling over in the streets and dying, just from the soundwaves being toxic to them, or something? :confused:

We see the return of the duplicitous claim that California Son charted at number 7 in the USA when in fact it debuted at number 95, which was also its highest Billboard 200 chart position. Week two of its release saw it drop out of the Billboard 200 all together.

View attachment 53576

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom