Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

He raided Provence of all the fine wine that Pablo wanted to taste. Full of chemicals and poison now.

It's on a leash but Moz skipped that class.

Skinny's house earlier today as the news broke.

uNJI1b.gif

BBC News had a camera there for his press conference where he was confirming that he is taking over from Jeremy Corbyn.

INCREDIBLE NEWS !!!!:rock:

NEW ALBUM !!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

AND MANY NEW REMASTERS!!!!:rock:

MOZ KILLING IT IN 2020:bow:

:( BUT NADA FOR THE EVIL LE PEW:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

f***ing awesome news!

Dear Santa,
For Christmas I'd like to hear a track off of Morrissey's new album.

Thanks
Morrissey fans everywhere

This is the main takeaway - good, bad or indifferent - make the most of this one, as it's likely to be the last new original Morrissey studio album in a long time, possibly ever. Morrissey struggled like crazy to find a record company last time, and that was before his right-wing public profile meltdown of the past couple of years. I find it very hard to see how anyone will want the negativity of having him signed to their label now - it's just not worth all the hassle and bad publicity. Unless maybe For Britain have the money to start their own boutique record label?

Morrissey doesn't need a record deal. He can just record an album and release it on Spotify, YouTube, his website etc.

I will Moz on but sadly it's the same tired ritual for us all:

Act 1 - announce new album with interesting song titles

Act 2 - deliver average sounding album to mediocre reviews, yet claim it is a new direction forward

Act 3 - Tour unusual venues (not UK natch!) announce the press is against you and rarely play any of these tracks again in public

I will go along for the ride but I have lived this film before...

Haven't we all?

- come on, we're working in a factory here and Moz is the foreman docking our wages but telling us it's for the best!

View attachment 53576

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

FWD.

1. Fantastic news.

2. I am also a little upset that
"Diana Dors" has not been included too.

Strawberry.

This news is a bit embarrassing. Horrible album title. Horrible song titles. Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted potentially being remastered a second time?

On the bright side, there may be some unreleased material on these remasters.

Also, I highly doubt he’d be releasing the Hollywood Bowl had I not leaked it. You’re welcome.

I will never listen to anything from this racist klansman again. Any of you who listen to or buy his awful music are actively aiding and abetting white supremacy. Shame on all of you.

This is the main takeaway - good, bad or indifferent - make the most of this one, as it's likely to be the last new original Morrissey studio album in a long time, possibly ever. Morrissey struggled like crazy to find a record company last time, and that was before his right-wing public profile meltdown of the past couple of years. I find it very hard to see how anyone will want the negativity of having him signed to their label now - it's just not worth all the hassle and bad publicity. Unless maybe For Britain have the money to start their own boutique record label?

controversy sells, IF the music is still good. Problem is, Morrissey is being controversial AND making shit music, so he’s a shit investment. That said, there’ll always be someone willing to take a punt on him. The man will be releasing records for as long as he can stand infront of a microphone.

So he was signed to a three album deal late in life and after searching hard for a label and still released a covers album. Must have really meant something to share those songs. He seems to really be reflecting hard on his life and especially his youth. It’s like he’s showing us the real teenage Steven now as if he doesn’t think they’ll be enough time to later. Or maybe it’s just one more thing he wants to finally put behind him. Now that I think about it I wonder if it really start when writing autobiography. I mean he’s always gone on about the things he’s loved for years but it seems different now. Well thank god for new music and soon. I’m pretty stoked myself

The dog’s on chains are all right here and
Morrissey will soon just be relegated to “bitch in a bag” status.

Cheers,

Ruth and Bobby

This news is a bit embarrassing. Horrible album title. Horrible song titles. Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted potentially being remastered a second time?

Also, I highly doubt he’d be releasing the Hollywood Bowl had I not leaked it. You’re welcome.
it's not a great title, you're right

Did this news of him working on an album slip by the folks on this site? I don't really remember this happening before. Usually someone spots him or speaks about the studio time. Wonder how this escaped everyone? Did it?

brilliant album title. Brilliant song titles.

Did this news of him working on an album slip by the folks on this site? I don't really remember this happening before. Usually someone spots him or speaks about the studio time. Wonder how this escaped everyone? Did it?
Anything relating to this album prior to today's announcement has featured on this site as and when.
How did this not escaping everyone escape you?
Regards,
FWD.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom