Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Ironically, Amanda Palmer (indie singer), who had to apologise for considering asking Morrissey on to her podcast, is now being buried under a race row on Twitter for singing the n-word in an old song & for having a fight with The Guardian over coverage.
Amanda Palmer is insufferable and has never been a talent. Unlike Morrissey, who was at one point.

it’s a horrible title, you’re right. Doesn’t go down well or roll off the tongue, or anything. Typical modern day Moz tho, just ham fistedly saying what he is, and isn’t. What happened to sharp, punchy album titles, like “Viva Hate”, “Kill Uncle” “Your Arsenal”, even “Years Of Refusal” & “Ringleader Of The Tormentors” sound mischievously defiant.

I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN THO?? WTF!?! LOL! “Unchained dog”, Moz, just call it “Unchained dog”, if you must, “Wild dog”, “Not a racist dog”, “Doggone day”, “Doggy style”, “Dog shit”, that’s it, “Dog shit” works!

ps there better be a dog on the album cover, or some dog related merch at Mporium, I’ll be disappointed if there ain’t. Woof
Snoop Doggy dog

Reckon holy f***ing shit you people are delusional. Reckon do you wackos ever leave your room at your parents house with the shitty smiths poster when they are all out front some foreigner country YMCA showing crackhead Andy's camletoe? It was NOT recorded at Ream Me studios in Paris or whatever foreign country. The songs are outtakes from The California Son f***ing around on guitar during his guitar lessons at Sunset Sound this year with John Frusciante and lil' Sammy's 16 track recorder he has in his room. First clue, the first single was recorded at Sunset Sound. The title comes from trust fund kid James Newell Osterberg Jr's song "I wanna be your dog" when he would crawl around on stage with a dog collar and leash around his neck. This release is suppose to be foreigner centric because..well, the sun deck facing Catalina Island isn't going to pay for itself and how many times can he play Moz Angeles and San Diego, so that means a foreigner tour in 2020. The California Son's dad was in an LA "hurling" league when they first emigrated to Moz Angeles, which I reckon looks tougher than kickball. There are a lot immigrants from the Republic of Ireland in Moz Angeles.

No not a dog on a chain. Millions of dogs on chains are cared for, cherished, loved, kept safe and protected,wonderful creatures with loving people who adore them.You are a blinkered, bigot, hypocritical,childish,disgusting racist, fake,opportunist,narcissistic horrible man. Don't insult dogs on chains with your smutty album, they are much loved.You are desperately trying to to get yourself stardom and fame but don't exploit gorgeous beloved dogs all over the world who are happily safe and loved to the moon and back on chains. Go get lost you filth.
Aha que comentario estupido omg!!! Moz ama a los animaless especialmente gatos y perros !!! Pero sos una maquina de decir pavadas,estas en pleno proceso de degeneracion neuronall,sin dudas sacaste el premio a la peor publicacion de este hilo....quien lucha por la defensa de los animales quien hace las donaciones,??? Respuesta obvia MOZ!!! Repito lei aqui razonamientos estupidos pero el tuyo es el mas lamentable!!!!!!

I’d be very surprised if they’re not reissued on vinyl, especially with the vinyl revival in full swing.

Also, aren’t all the albums already readily available on c.d?
Ah sure most Moz CDs were released multiple times (Southpaw, Maladjusted, Quarry original + deluxe, Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, etc.). I'd say a lot of Moz fans have most of his CDs twice; original plus remastered version. So I'm defo only interested in vinyl rereleases IF they have good artwork.
Edit: who am I kidding. I'm buying a reissue vinyl if I don't have the original, regardless of the cover artwork. I'd love to get Ringleader on vinyl.

I'm actually really curious about this album. Of course, Moz is completely lacking in objectivity in terms of his own creative output, and has been saying each album is his best since You Are the Quarry at the very latest, but I can't help wondering whether recent severity towards him in the media and elsewhere has stirred him up a little, and perhaps enough to shift him from the rut of producing patchy albums with occasional flashes of brilliance. Also, the titles are intriguing and, as others have observed, this might be the last Morrissey album we get for some time.

I can see your pont. I tend to think that Morrissey needs extreme emotions and tensons to perform well. Although it could be wishful thinking on my behalf.

As for t being the last Morrissey album for some time, very likely. But assuming he does some touring to support it, it should give us a musical career that lasted 40 years, not bad at all.

The album was written & recorded while he was in the middle of this meltdown - so I expect it to be a continuation. Hopefully it doesn't have some lyric that gets him into trouble... I would never count him out forever until he's dead, but he does need to get out of this rut he's in.

Yeah cause expressing being against mass immigration means you're having a meltdown

I thought the deal with BMG included a re-issue of World Peace Is None Of Your Business? I don't see that mentioned here at all.
Not that I am desperate for a physical re-issue, but it would be nice to have it back on Spotify and other streaming services.

Ah sure most Moz CDs were released multiple times (Southpaw, Maladjusted, Quarry original + deluxe, Viva Hate, Kill Uncle, etc.). I'd say a lot of Moz fans have most of his CDs twice; original plus remastered version. So I'm defo only interested in vinyl rereleases IF they have good artwork.
Edit: who am I kidding. I'm buying a reissue vinyl if I don't have the original, regardless of the cover artwork. I'd love to get Ringleader on vinyl.

Actually, after Hollywood Bowl, Ringleaders is also the Reissue I’m most interested in. Followed by Southpaw (which grew on me over time, in its original version) then Quarry (which I don’t love overall, but has some stand out moments) & Maladjusted (hardly any tracks I really like a lot, but it would seem unfair to own every other album & leave this poor mutt out). I already have Refusal.

Why, oh why, haven’t they reissued Beethoven & Earls Court?

After leaking on the dark web I have gone through them all.

Jim Jim Falls (nature tribute to a place in Australia full of thoughts about existentialism)
Love Is On Its Way Out ("Labour killed all love and compassion" he screams with hate in his voice)
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know? (Bobby Charlton and Busby Babes tribute)
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain (Animal liberation songs which questions people having pets)
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (Seems to be inspired by the London ghetto fire)
Knockabout World (He plays around with words here like knocked up and describes life as meaningless)
Darling, I Hug A Pillow (Spent the day in bed Part 2)
Once I Saw The River Clean (Environment song that ends with "never listen to little girls)
The Truth About Ruth (Dr, Ruth comes under fire here as Moz claims he has never ever had sex)
The Secret Of Music (Attack on record label bosses in general)
My Hurling Days Are Done (Very irish tune about the sport and someones love for it)

The album gets 5 out of 5 spicy swedish Christmas meatballs.

After leaking on the dark web I have gone through them all.

Jim Jim Falls (nature tribute to a place in Australia full of thoughts about existentialism)
Love Is On Its Way Out ("Labour killed all love and compassion" he screams with hate in his voice)
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know? (Bobby Charlton and Busby Babes tribute)
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain (Animal liberation songs which questions people having pets)
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (Seems to be inspired by the London ghetto fire)
Knockabout World (He plays around with words here like knocked up and describes life as meaningless)
Darling, I Hug A Pillow (Spent the day in bed Part 2)
Once I Saw The River Clean (Environment song that ends with "never listen to little girls)
The Truth About Ruth (Dr, Ruth comes under fire here as Moz claims he has never ever had sex)
The Secret Of Music (Attack on record label bosses in general)
My Hurling Days Are Done (Very irish tune about the sport and someones love for it)

The album gets 5 out of 5 spicy swedish Christmas meatballs.
Could well be a good punt

Greta garbage

Actually, after Hollywood Bowl, Ringleaders is also the Reissue I’m most interested in. Followed by Southpaw (which grew on me over time, in its original version) then Quarry (which I don’t love overall, but has some stand out moments) & Maladjusted (hardly any tracks I really like a lot, but it would seem unfair to own every other album & leave this poor mutt out). I already have Refusal.

Why, oh why, haven’t they reissued Beethoven & Earls Court?

You really do need Maladjusted Legacy Edition (2009).

You really do need Maladjusted Legacy Edition (2009).

I downloaded it at the time - as I don’t buy c.d’s - but the additional b-sides and the omission of Roy’s Keen just didn’t do it for me; I just found it more bloated with filler tracks that I mostly didn’t like.

I downloaded it at the time - as I don’t buy c.d’s - but the additional b-sides and the omission of Roy’s Keen just didn’t do it for me; I just found it more bloated with filler tracks that I mostly didn’t like.

Really? Surprised at that tbh.
Am on Bona Drag (2010) at the mo & loving it...all 20 tracks, some of which are new to me. Slight changes to Palare & At Amber (entitled The Bed Took Fire). Both better than original issues imho.

Really? Surprised at that tbh.
Am on Bona Drag (2010) at the mo & loving it...all 20 tracks, some of which are new to me. Slight changes to Palare & At Amber (entitled The Bed Took Fire). Both better than original issues imho.

Yes, really, as apart from Lost, I’m not a huge fan of the b-sides from that period. In fact, I find it hard to conjure any memory of most of the songs from around the Maladjusted period.

As for Bona Drag, I always felt it was nearly perfect as it was (though I’d have included Sister, I’m A Poet, personally) but I like the additional rarities, as they actually included previously unreleased
tracks & were tacked on the end rather than shoe-horned into the original track-listing.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom