Morrissey Central: "New Morrissey Album" - 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain' (November 28, 2019)

unnamed-1_kyednx.jpg

Morrissey's new studio album, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain, is scheduled for March 2020 release by BMG. The album was recorded in St-remy, France, with producer Joe Chiccarelli. The eleven tracks are:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw The River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret Of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

Morrissey has described I Am Not A Dog On A Chain as:

" … the very best of me … too good to be true … too true to be considered good … ", and concludes Morrissey's contract with BMG Records.

The first single is "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?", which features vocals by Thelma Houston. The B-side is "Rainbow Valley", a cover of the UK hit by The Love Affair.

BMG will re-issue and re-master several Morrissey albums in 2020, with updated artwork and sleeve notes. These albums are: Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, Ringleader Of The Tormentors, Years Of Refusal, Live At The Hollwood Bowl.

Morrissey has so far achieved 24 Top Ten albums in the UK - 14 solo, 10 with The Smiths. His highest U.S. chart position was this year with "California Son" at number 7.

This information provided by Rod Taylor.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/new-morrissey-album

The Secret Of Music mystery solved.
Rainbow Valley appears again.
Reissues could be promising.
Is that a Loyd Grossman reference in the tracklist!?
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Tour announcement to follow?
Surely. I have some juicy concerts lined up for next year already (Pixies, Nick Cave) but always have time for a Moz concert. 2020 could be a strong year for music (new Cure album if its not in 2019, maybe a new Suede album), etc.

Wouldn’t you rather focus on the fact that a new album by an artist you obviously care for very much is imminent? Wouldn’t that make you feel better than these anal nitpickings? Surely this fib or exaggeration isn’t the most important or most interesting thing about this press release?

True, the most interesting part is that he is getting dropped from his label. They aren't interested in any more of his new stuff, just his older, better stuff!

So the BMG deal was really about gaining distribution rights to the older back catalogue. To repackage at a low cost and hope to generate some sales and income from the back catalogue. Knowing that the new albums will be lucky to sell 50.000 each (California Son’s worldwide sales figure). Sad state of affairs for morrissey.

So the BMG deal was really about gaining distribution rights to the older back catalogue. To repackage at a low cost and hope to generate some sales and income from the back catalogue. Knowing that the new albums will be lucky to sell 50.000 each (California Son’s worldwide sales figure). Sad state of affairs for morrissey.
Not as sad as you visiting a Moz site just to show how much you can't stand him. A bit pathetic regardless of how you rationalise that kind of irrational behaviour to yourself. Moz fans should be happy to hear of a new album and the possibility of getting older albums on vinyl at (hopefully) reasonable prices. We don't need an oul lad like yourself shitting your cacks every time you have a verbal fart. I hate to be so rude but still I must speak frankly Mr. Skankly.

Who says "good grief" apart from over-indulged upper class hausfraus from an Evelyn Waugh novel?
Evelyn Waugh the genius. Brideshead Revisited should be part of all education. Especially in times when people confuse male friendship and being a gentleman with being gay.

True, the most interesting part is that he is getting dropped from his label. They aren't interested in any more of his new stuff, just his older, better stuff!
You should write for some low end newspaper. The world needs more toilet paper.

Who says "good grief" apart from over-indulged upper class hausfraus from an Evelyn Waugh novel?
images

"Peculiar soul that Acton but perhaps a little drrrrrab. I am getting changed for footer with the boys, it is going to be very interesting indeed".

Over-indulged sounds lovely. Like they have lived life for real. Interesting people indulge in all kinds of things.

A lessons in manners for Acton the pie and fish and chips man from Wigan always wearing wellies.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom