Morrissey Central: Lady Willpower / Rainbow Valley - delayed (22 August, 2019)

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
LADY WILLPOWER / Rainbow Valley. - Morrissey Central
August 22, 2019

Rights to use the photograph from the film 'Eva' (1962) for the "Lady Willpower" 45 - as previously unveiled on M-central - has been denied. The sleeve is now changed and features Lili St Cyr. This will delay the single release for a few weeks.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted by SER prior minus any context:

20190822_031743.jpg

And it was 'shopped/used previously on Central too:

20190822_032629.jpg

I'm not sure I can muster any enthusiasm for this release to be honest.
The Saturday release date never made sense (even just for digital) and now the physical release that has never (since being mentioned on Central) been available to pre-order from Warners is mysteriously delayed 2 days before it was meant to be on sale. It was never made or stocked in the distribution center either - go figure.
I believe this was misinformation from the outset and the physical vinyl was never on the cards for a 'Saturday' release and SER or whomever were just not in possession of any accurate details.
The reps knew more than Central.
Just becomes a joke at this point.
When it appears on the Warners pre-sale sheets, the date will appear here asap.
Other than that...
'Oh, what's the bloody point?'
FWD.

Just how late do they leave it before they start to ask these permissions? Surely this is something they could and should do months in advance.

Posted by SER prior minus any context:

View attachment 51752

And it was 'shopped/used previously on Central too:

View attachment 51753

I'm not sure I can muster any enthusiasm for this release to be honest.
The Saturday release date never made sense (even just for digital) and now the physical release that has never (since being mentioned on Central) been available to pre-order from Warners is mysteriously delayed 2 days before it was meant to be on sale. It was never made or stocked in the distribution center either - go figure.
I believe this was misinformation from the outset and the physical vinyl was never on the cards for a 'Saturday' release and SER or whomever were just not in possession of any accurate details.
The reps knew more than Central.
Just becomes a joke at this point.
When it appears on the Warners pre-sale sheets, the date will appear here asap.
Other than that...
'Oh, what's the bloody point?'
FWD.

Fantabulosa!

Just how late do they leave it before they start to ask these permissions? Surely this is something they could and should do months in advance.
its an absolute minefield these days,iv said many times on here that there are so many production companies who will try and claim image rights,iv spoken with many youtubers and they say its getting ridiculous in that you can hardly play a few seconds of music or show an image without getting a complaint from youtube which results in their monetization being held back,thats why most content providers are giving up.

The appropriating rapes go on to sell the emporers new clothes

LADY WILLPOWER / Rainbow Valley. - Morrissey Central
August 22, 2019

Rights to use the photograph from the film 'Eva' (1962) for the "Lady Willpower" 45 - as previously unveiled on M-central - has been denied. The sleeve is now changed and features Lili St Cyr. This will delay the single release for a few weeks.
full

Related items:
Chosen by a friend of Dorothy who knows absolutely nothing about a real woman.100% repulsive.

The sleeves have become more and more embarrassing. Photos, fonts, colours, design they are all a mess. Clearly SER really wants to be seen as an artist but he has zero talent for it. This latest message shows just how chaotic Morrissey is and reflects the chaos (blamed on everyone else at the time) of Smiths realeases.

Who posts art work without clearance? Morrissey, consistently.

The main problem is Morrissey. SER isn't helping. Some people in this forum could better promote Morrissey and lend an air of credibility to the seemingly pointless, glut of releases.

I seem to recall two other sleeves which were refused use of images. The first is What Difference Does It Make, where Terrence Stamps image was scrapped and replaced with Morrissey in a similar pose. The second was Harvey Keitel refusing use for Strangeways, Here We Come. I'm afraid that's all I can recall for now.

Chosen by a friend of Dorothy who knows absolutely nothing about a real woman.100% repulsive.
Every day's an education on this forum.
A friend of Dorothy dates from WW2, a bit before my Time LOL.
I had to look it up as I did the bold lili, who I thought you might be inferring was a man. But no, she was a burlesque contemporary of Gypsy Rose Lee and all woman it cannot be denied.
This photo has a Marlene Dietrich look about it and looks like a Hollywood head shot which diminishes its interest to me, at least.

I seem to recall two other sleeves which were refused use of images. The first is What Difference Does It Make, where Terrence Stamps image was scrapped and replaced with Morrissey in a similar pose. The second was Harvey Keitel refusing use for Strangeways, Here We Come. I'm afraid that's all I can recall for now.

He could have easily done this again for the Eva shot. Sam could even have taken the picture if he just had to be involved.

The photo is nice, but the font, colour and layout of text is HORRIBLE. What are they thinking. Looks like it’s been knocked up by a 10-year-old. Also, why is one song capitalised (Rainbow Valley) but the other isn’t (Lady willpower), that’s sloppy proofing.

If they really wanna use a picture of a lady with some willpower, they shoulda used a Ruffed Grouse I know named Piedmont Penny.
Penny don't give up til a task is finished to flawless completion and meets her specific specifications.
Penny's puissance is patience, grace and good taste.
I seen Penny outlast'em all.
Here's to ya P!

32818341-720px.jpg

Even if you are not born with talent, this is missing basic artistic rules that are taught in school. Lord help me, where is the creativity? Anyone could make a better design with a crayon and paper. I feel for Mr. M, but I have and will support the 45 releases.

More of Sam's woeful creations.

qid.jpg

the smiths.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom