Morrissey BBC4 24-06-11 Glastonbury

I thought Morrissey pulled it off last night considering it wasn't his crowd so to speak

"I want The One I Can't Have" was great, and loved seeing so many young un's singing along to the old Smiths songs :)

I love his shirts, the detail down the front and cuffs are gorgeously cute, I can understand why he's not throwing any of those into the crowd, It would break my heart to see one of them get ripped to shreds. :(

I love his shirts, the detail down the front and cuffs are gorgeously cute, I can understand why he's not throwing any of those into the crowd, It would break my heart to see one of them get ripped to shreds. :(

His shirts were smart, loved the red one, especially.

I have never seen Morrissey and the band do Alma Matters before. Sounded much better than on the record, mainly, I tihnk, because the 'jangly' keyboard part was more audible and that seemed to give the song something extra.

His shirts were smart, loved the red one, especially.

I have never seen Morrissey and the band do Alma Matters before. Sounded much better than on the record, mainly, I tihnk, because the 'jangly' keyboard part was more audible and that seemed to give the song something extra.

Although I love the original recording, I thought it was a really good version with a different feel. It worked well.

People Are The Same Everywhere sounded so much better live. An excellent Moz performance all round, but the problem with the set-list - especially somewhere like Glastonbury - is the sequencing of too many big favourites early on. Everyday Is Like Sunday and There Is A Light... are two crowd-pleasing anthems that really should come later on.

scaled.php
Great pic!:thumb:

^^ I want that Beastie Boys t shirt!; their new album's absolutely amazing.

Great set from Moz last night, just watching it now on youtube (was out last night).

Re: Tv broadcast of Morrissey's Glastonbury show

Morrissey's voice sounds better than 2 years ago (during the YOR tour).

Alas hindsight is a wonderful thing but having seen some of the Glastonbury performances today again from the comfort of my living room on the HDTV Morrissey was a bit disappointing in comparison to some of the acts I've seen today eg Janelle Monae, The Horrors, Anna Calvi, Chemical Brothers. This was probably due to the weather but Morrissey he just ain't a great festival act is he? I think the only time he "nailed" it was Reading 2004

Also Pulp played a secret set today at 8pm. Which everyone knew about but didn't effect the Elbow audience (aka the second most boring band on the planet, Coldplay being the first! Bland music for bland people)

Re: Tv broadcast of Morrissey's Glastonbury show

I'll let you know when you have 1000 posts.

Ooooooooooo handbags at dawn! Just wondering how posting nearly 14,000 posts on a forum makes you better than me?? Tough question! Oh hang on ............I got the answer.........It doesn't

Just Got Back From Glastonbury.

Loved morrissey performance and everyone around me loved it didnt hear one complaint... He actually got a 1 MORE SONG CHANt as he was leaving....

I would say the only time the crowd got flat was during Meat Is Murder as i just dont think a song like tat works in a massive audience with some of the audience not being fans... His sly digs at U2 and not so sly dig at David Cameron made for good audience reaction...

Few good Moz and Smiths banners.

Although i have to say i felt quite despondant at the end when Morrisse trudged of and we were told to look forward to the HEADLINE ACT U2... I just felt like if things where different etc it should have been Morrissey and possibly even the big anticipation of the Smiths headlining Glastonbury. Just felt sad watching him trudge off then the so called "big act" performing

Anyway was superb and apart from morrissey glastonbury as a whole was a joy

Roll on Stoke and leeds next week for me.

Im off to bed

People Are The Same Everywhere sounded so much better live. An excellent Moz performance all round, but the problem with the set-list - especially somewhere like Glastonbury - is the sequencing of too many big favourites early on. Everyday Is Like Sunday and There Is A Light... are two crowd-pleasing anthems that really should come later on.

This is one of the reasons why he stands out from the crowd but also the reason why he's not one for neutrals at festivals. If you see Morrissey anywhere from one year to the next you'll get a different batch of songs where as those that bring out the neutrals at festivals plough through their greatest hits in boring fashion. If Moz went from Still Ill to Suedehead to First of the Gang to Die to Everyday is Like Sunday he'd have had rave reviews coming for the next year.

Anyway, I still thought his set was brilliant overall and I'm glad that - presuming you haven't also been to his last show - the set will always be a surprise.

I really enjoyed the gig.

I did think 'People Are The Same Everywhere' came across better here than from the radio sessions.
My only concern is how poor some of the songs sounded musically though. I thought 'Irish Blood' and 'Everyday' sounded really poor. I think Boz's guitar tone is completely wrong and it sounds so out of place alongside Tobias' guitar playing.

But yes, good show!

Back
Top Bottom